1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i missed the first so depending on price i might be in
im already in for all the new bounty hunters

This is 100% the ROTJ version of the block (same as the polystone version), but it's got ESB display bases - carbon freeze and hallway/hover mode.

Though this sculpt looks way better than the older polystone version.

The white screen on the side makes me think the panels light up. :clap

Yeah, I think richalot confirmed it lights up.

It's got my interest but not positive I need it with already having the Jabba's Palace version. If the price is right that could change things and it'll be even more attractive if it can fit on the original's wall

From SSC Blog:

han-solo-in-carbonite-starwars-SDCC2016-01.jpg

han-solo-in-carbonite-starwars-SDCC2016-02.jpg

han-solo-in-carbonite-starwars-SDCC2016-03.jpg

looks like I will be taking the polystone one down and hanging this one up on the jabba wall instead. cant wait to see more pictures with lights

The base isn't impressive at all. It would've been nicer if it was wider so other figures can stand around Han. It'll probably look better lit up but it's still small.

So who's tackling the Ugnaughts? SS or HT?

I was totally on board with this until HT changed the game completely with all the deep level characters it’s going to make.

Now I might as well wait for HT to make it.

I was totally on board with this until HT changed the game completely with all the deep level characters it’s going to make.

Though to be fair, it could just be ANH that they're delving that deeply into.

Or they could completely surprise us. Willrow Hood Toy Fair Exclusive 2024?

Not that I wouldn't love them to tackle many different ESB and RotJ figures.

And they probably will. They are already making recent SS figures which I didn't think we would see for a while. I'm looking at u Snowtrooper.

I think all bets are off now. People have been speculating that their ESB Fett, or even Bespin Han, will come with Han in Carbonite. I had doubts since I still wasn't convinced HT would ever delve deep into the line. Now it seems like a sure thing.

Plus, HT have Yoda and now the Snowie from ESB coming, so it looks like the ESB line is a-comin'!

So with all of the new Star Wars pieces that HT is churning out, I almost wonder if sales of SSC Star Wars figures slip to the point where they just quit trying with Star Ward altogether and find themselves relegated to just being the North American distributor for HT Star Wars toys? Either that or find a new price point so as not to have to compete with HT?...

I'm fine with both companies because there's so many characters it would take forever for one to do them. SS characters to me are satisfying to me just as much as my HT. Older SS not so much.

I am liking them all and feel sorry for people who don't.

I guess I just feel like one company will take forever to get all the stuff made to keep all of us happy all year.

So with all of the new Star Wars pieces that HT is churning out, I almost wonder if sales of SSC Star Wars figures slip to the point where they just quit trying with Star Ward altogether and find themselves relegated to just being the North American distributor for HT Star Wars toys? Either that or find a new price point so as not to have to compete with HT?...

I think if ssc wants to keep up in the game they need to drop their prices. How else could they compete? It sure aint with quality.

I'm fine with both companies because there's so many characters it would take forever for one to do them. SS characters to me are satisfying to me just as much as my HT. Older SS not so much.

I am liking them all and feel sorry for people who don't.

I guess I just feel like one company will take forever to get all the stuff made to keep all of us happy all year.

Yeah, it's funny how people seem to have blissful amnesia re: all the inadequacies in the HT SW line so far. While I love so much of their work, their likenesses have been mediocre at best many times - yet then people turn around with the "wait for HT" thing as if they hit them out of the park every time.

Maybe they're getting better - I absolutely love all the new ones HT has shown - but the majority of their SW releases so far had many issues.

I've just spent $175 on a gorgeous Han Solo custom head to replace the Richard Hatch head the HT Solo came with. And you know what? Now it looks like ANH Han. And thank goodness the HT Ben came with Jedi robes because you wouldn't have recognized the bearded old man standing there.:dunno

Back