1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I own the original. If this lit up, the only reason I would get a new version, the preview pic would show it illuminated. It seems lame that they can't figure that out.

Wait so you are saying the $7k life size one is wrong with his teeth showing?

So people spent $7k for a wrong mold!?!?!?!?!

When I go back to Hollywood Studious I'm checking the life size stage prop they have. Forget how close I can get so if it's close I'll snap pix.

I'd be like uh refund now!
image.jpg
Here's a side on pic of the v1 1/6 sideshow. The teeth resemble Austin Powers! there is teeth showing on the original prop but they don't look anything like this.

I own the 1/6 hasbro han solo carbonite and it looks great on display. I can only imagine this looking amazing but not sure if I will upgrade. Considering its always in the background.
793254ecaea96c39e3449f0c5ee9b1d9.jpg

I'm in for this one!! Don't have the original and personally prefer it without the Jabba's Palace backdrop.

Sideshow will not sell this under $150.00. I think they will price it at $199.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It would be really weird if this doesn't have lights. I mean to go to all the trouble to create a new sculpt and not do that. Especially if it's going to be in the $200 range.

As much as I'd hope it's a new sculpt, I highly doubt Sideshow would put the resources into it. I have a feeling it's the same mold just with a different gimmick than the wall display that was part of Jabba's palace with the original. I just hope it light's up, but alas Sideshow seems to disappoint more than excite me lately...

As much as I'd hope it's a new sculpt, I highly doubt Sideshow would put the resources into it. I have a feeling it's the same mold just with a different gimmick than the wall display that was part of Jabba's palace with the original. I just hope it light's up, but alas Sideshow seems to disappoint more than excite me lately...

It wouldn't surprise me if if was new sculpt. I get the feeling that SSC has changed factories since the time of the previous Carbonite release, so it's possible they don't have those molds anymore. From the one image we have so far, it looks like it's a new sculpt, the older release had some prominent teeth, this new promo pic does not. Though judging by their other teasers, it's possible that's a screen shot and not the actual product.

I own the 1/6 hasbro han solo carbonite and it looks great on display. I can only imagine this looking amazing but not sure if I will upgrade. Considering its always in the background.
793254ecaea96c39e3449f0c5ee9b1d9.jpg

Looks like a self congratulatory selfie on a job well done.

Did SS confirm it's an entirely new sculpt? Quite surprised if that is the case.

Instant PO. Hope it has no thrills and is just a mold. $75 and be done.

It wouldn't surprise me if if was new sculpt. I get the feeling that SSC has changed factories since the time of the previous Carbonite release, so it's possible they don't have those molds anymore. From the one image we have so far, it looks like it's a new sculpt, the older release had some prominent teeth, this new promo pic does not. Though judging by their other teasers, it's possible that's a screen shot and not the actual product.

It is indeed a 100% new sculpt. It's possible the control panels are a reuse (pic isn't good enough to tell for sure) but it doesn't look like it so far.

My guess is the new sculpt is due to it being plastic as opposed to polystone.

And based on the control panels, this is the ROTJ-style block again (like the old SSC polystone one,) not the one seen being pushed around in ESB. Because of the angle of the pic, it's impossible to tell if the overall box is ESB or ROTJ style though (ROTJ sides are squared, ESB are bevelled.)

It is curious that they named it a "Sixth Scale Figure" as opposed to "Sixth Scale Figure Related Product" like the E-web is. I wonder if it might have a basic unfrozen Han figure with it - unlikely (and you'd think they'd tease it if it did,) but it would be a pretty simple figure.

Electronics are the only true upgrade that would persuade me to pick this up, though if plastic, I couldn't see getting rid of the polystone.

I missed the first version, so I'll wait and see where the pice comes in at.

I missed the first version, so I'll wait and see where the pice comes in at.

Me too but I'm all in on the Bounty Hunters (only Dengar and Zukass to go - 4LOM on PO) and not sure where I will place this as it would look boss with Boba and Vader but they are reserved for the BH line up.

Back