Han & Luke as Stormtroopers PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 2 slims left for my Luke and Hon ... will post pics when im done ... very cool ... the best stormtroopers out there is SS armor with a slim TT body ....

man.. wish I could get a hold of those sculpts and paint them. I think they would look great with a good paint job.

My waitlist converted and these arrived yesterday. Really nice figures, I love the detail. I got pretty good paint apps, no complaints here. Great addition to the collection.

han_and_luke_storm.JPG

han_and_luke_storm2.JPG

Still waiting on my replacement Han head....its been what a month and half? Not too cool......

Sent my Original email asking for replacement parts on 8/5; as of 10/2/09, still waiting...getting worried

Last edited:
Just wondering what your thoughts are ...

If one wants to purchase this set as an investment hoping its value will go up; is it safer to open the Sideshow shipping box and make sure the figures are OK, or is it better to keep it scealed?

What do you guys think?

If one wants to purchase this set as an investment hoping its value will go up; is it safer to open the Sideshow shipping box and make sure the figures are OK, or is it better to keep it scealed?

What do you guys think?

I would open it to make sure there's not some horrid issue, like an eyeball painted on a nose, etc. Say there were to go up in value and you end up opening them years down the line only to see that they only packed one figure in the box, you'd be f'd :sick.

What do you guys think?

Its a fools bet. Honestly. I have gone thru my collection since 1995 and 99% cannot be given away. SS stuff will not be the holy grail of the collections, and pick up whatever you want for your personal enjoyment

I would open it to make sure there's not some horrid issue, like an eyeball painted on a nose, etc. Say there were to go up in value and you end up opening them years down the line only to see that they only packed one figure in the box, you'd be f'd :sick.

Let me add to that, the resale factor. Let's assume at some point you pop them on EbaY and the buyer opens them up. Discovering horrible paint apps, two left feet, a missing item or a broken body will only get you your worthless figures back and potentially a negative feedback. I'd do it sooner than later too because the longer you wait, the less likely you are to get replacements.

Thanks for the thoughts, folks!

Yet a lot of figures in general are sold on web sites with pride: «never been opened» ... and after seeing some of the complaints on these boards, I can't help but feel that is not reassuring!

Yeah, I just saw they dipped down and decided to open mine. They're more floppy than they should be and the heads won't stay on. They're pretty nice but certainly have a ways to go until they're really worth the money.

It's a shame that they're going so cheap. I think they're great if you happened to get a good paintjob on yours. And I gotta say, the True Type kitbashes I've seen with these Han and Luke heads to make the ultimate ANH figures have been terrific. So I would think the figures would be worth something for that, since you can still be left with 2 stormtroopers if you choose to use the Han and Luke heads for the kitbash.

I wanted to swap Luke's body for the slim TT since I think it is a bit shorter and after stripping the armor off of Luke I HAVE to. One of the legs on the Sideshow body is warped and cracked and adhered at the lower knee joint lower on the joint so that it is roughly 3/4 of a centimeter longer. Hot Toys may have helped develop the armored body but their quality is nowhere to be found.

Thanks for the thoughts, folks!

Yet a lot of figures in general are sold on web sites with pride: «never been opened» ... and after seeing some of the complaints on these boards, I can't help but feel that is not reassuring!

I was lucky enough to win a set from Sideshow, but Luke's chest armor is warped. I feel weird about asking for a replace
ment being that I won them versus buying them.

Back