Han & Luke as Stormtroopers PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to thoroughly check the box for the magnets. My Han was missing one when I opened him up and I found it (thankfully) stuck to the metal part of the stand.

That was the first thing I did. I have had other small items fall off and end up being in the box.

Not this one, though. But I am pretty sure that I found the correct size rare earth-type magnets on the internet. I'll see when they get to me.

any wanna let go of theirs please lmk. I would like a set and am not willing to pay ebay prices lol

I did get mine on ebay for 190.00 shipped. and that was the price of the attendee version minus tax. So even with having to replace the magnet...I still got a very small discount.

OK - Got the fix done. The magnets that I bought were smaller than I wanted. My measurement must have been off. I will order bigger ones and replace the one I have.

I was going to post a picture of it. But for some reason, I am having issues with the gallery. I'll use photobucket.

Edit - Here it is.

DSC06308.jpg

any wanna let go of theirs please lmk. I would like a set and am not willing to pay ebay prices lol

You can try your luck with the 'Waitlist' at the official Sideshow site. That is how I got mine. Their service is first class, the item was sent to Singapore within days of confirmation.

If the waitlist is still up, there is a good chance of scoring it. I was lucky and got mine on eBay for 190.00 shipped, which was even better than the attendee price considering tax. But now I see they are going for 270.00...Ouch.

Is there supposed to be dirt/weathering on Luke's chest armor? Or did I just lean mine up against something that rubbed on to it?

I know what happened. I had it wrapped in a cloth in my car, the heat made color bleed on to the armor. The same thing happened to me with a Hasbro Biker Scout. No sweat, though. I'll just get a new piece of chest armor and swap it out.

Anyone here watch Big Bang Theory? I swear I saw one of these guys in the background of their house in Monday's episode.

Anyone here watch Big Bang Theory? I swear I saw one of these guys in the background of their house in Monday's episode.

That's funny 'cause I DVR'd it and thought the same thing when I saw it. I didn't feel like being more of a nerd and rewind just to check it out. It was quick and it was only from about the torso down.

That's funny 'cause I DVR'd it and thought the same thing when I saw it. I didn't feel like being more of a nerd and rewind just to check it out. It was quick and it was only from about the torso down.
I did see that too. Generally i keep a watch out for any new toys in the guys' living room....and just when Penny says "Yo Raj! Talk to me"...Top Right corner..bang Luke (or Han ?) as stromtrooper:D

I did see that too. Generally i keep a watch out for any new toys in the guys' living room....and just when Penny says "Yo Raj! Talk to me"...Top Right corner..bang Luke (or Han ?) as stromtrooper:D

It's Luke. No idea what they did with Han.:confused:

The set I received was obviously someone elses return. It was the first Sideshow item I ever needed to return in the 10 years I have been collecting.. so hey that's not a bad ratio. The set I received back appeared to be brand new, so just putting that out there that they seem to be fulfilling orders with returned sets.

They might fulfill orders with returned figures, but I'm not sure what the process is. People can return figures simply because they don't want the item anymore, which doesn't mean it couldn't be good enough for someone else, I don't know what the screening process is for returned figures and if they give a thorough quality check of the item or just turn it around and replace it should the next recipient have an issue.

There was no bubble bag around the figures box, and the flaps along the top were creased/greasy finger printed. The box was pretty beat up overall. No tissue paper once the box was unfolded.. Inside Han had a gouge on the chest armor, plus the figure stand "star wars" logo had a mark where the foot of Han had stuck to it and been removed. The left arm of Han was also detached inside the sleeve.

But Sideshow helped me out, I asked for them to take a look at the replacement and make sure it was in good shape.

I initially had asked for a replacement box and new armor for Han, but when I found out about the busted arm, they authorized a full exchange.

They might fulfill orders with returned figures, but I'm not sure what the process is. People can return figures simply because they don't want the item anymore, which doesn't mean it couldn't be good enough for someone else, I don't know what the screening process is for returned figures and if they give a thorough quality check of the item or just turn it around and replace it should the next recipient have an issue.

Another freak got my returned Cobra Commander Ex. I wouldn't be surprised if returns/exchanges were used to fulfill waitlist orders down the road so long as they're in fair condition. Whereas someone who PPO'd the figure might have an issue, as in my case, with a crooked Cobra logo, another customer might be just happy enough to have gotten one.

Back