Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine, but there are several little things wrong. The worst of it is this:

IMG_4381.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG

It looks like the strap was placed on the shoulder, then shifted before the glue could dry. So there is a rough texture that looks to be dried glue residue.

Han's holster's magnet is not glued on, and his left eye is a little wonky.

IMG_4385.JPG

And one of the helmets has a messed up eye.

IMG_4386.JPG

What do you guys think? Should I send them back? Am I being too picky?

Send it back. That is rubbish.

The several "bad seed" photos seem to indicate SSC's factory was screaming to get these out the door. I wonder how far in advance SSC planned for SDCC and how that fit into their production schedule? It would be interesting to know if they put this pack together in the last minute or the factory waited until the last second to get these produced. I think the sculpts look fantastic, but the paint apps hurt them. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but Hot Toys is really advancing on their paint apps and I think SSC needs to hold their factory to a higher standard or consider another factory. I'm sure they're tired of reading about our complaints on the paint apps. Oh, and as Pix would say - lose the doll dot! ;)

mine are shipping..should be here in AUS next Thursday with VADER!!!!!!!!

but if any of my figures looked like the ones messed up on here..id send em back!!!

Wow, so many problems. It's really sad how SS can go from such an awesome figure like Vader to a rushed, problematic set of figures like these. Just when you think they're really improving.:monkey2

No ^^^^! How about you two put each other on ^^^^ing ignore so we don't gotta listen to this ^^^^ ANY LONGER. How long has this ^^^^ been going on between the two? MONTHS!

Mods?!

Phew! I just got my figures at work and I almost never open them here. Given these reports, I did, expecting the worst and I'm glad to report mine are totally fine in regards to paint.

To answer the earlier poster who asked how I fixed Luke's floppy hip. I stripped the armor and body suit off and found the screw in the hip ball joint was a little loose or starting to strip out. I took it out and put a little super glue on the screw and screwed it back in. Then I moved the joint so the glue didn't set in the joint and glue it together. It worked pretty good but then I stuck a little glue in the joint itself and worked the joint back and forth until the glue was dry. It is nice and tight now.

No ^^^^! How about you two put each other on ^^^^ing ignore so we don't gotta listen to this ^^^^ ANY LONGER. How long has this ^^^^ been going on between the two? MONTHS!

Mods?!

Yeah, please take the pissing contest off the board and quit derailing threads already.

My figures seemed a little floppy at first, but after a little bit they seemed okay. They moved easily, but they held their pose and it was very easy to stand them up on their own. The ankles are definitely better on these than on my stormie.

I'll be calling in a while to see if I can exchange my pair. Who knows, maybe they'll just send me replacements for the messed up parts.

I have a mark on the chest of my Han. Aside from that I think they're really awesome. To me these are the best two SS SW Figs this side of Vader. I'm happy with this purchase. Am I the only one?

I got mine yesterday and am not exactly thrilled with the final product. They can't stand on their own and Han's head pops off every time I move it, no matter how hard I shove it down on the ball joint. One of Han's eyes wanders a bit to the right and the whites of Luke's are so dark they blend into his face. The paint on the eyes is just sloppy in general.

At this point, I'll likely send these back. The strength of the sculpts is the only thing giving me pause. They really are amazing. If I display them where their eye sockets are shadowed (thus hiding the worst aspect of these figures), they do look like mini Ford and Hamill. The height is a bummer, but I'm sure that can be adjusted somehow. Not sure what I'm going to do. The Vader bust deposit may be the deciding factor...

No Flosi, you aren't the only one, I'm quite happy with mine.

Maybe we just got lucky. Seems as if there are lots of issues, which is too bad because these really are wonderful.

For the folks that are having issues with heads popping off try this: Strip them down with the chest armor off, this will allow you to put the neck covering over the body suit (This looks better then the way they ship with this piece under the suit, showing the frayed material of the body suit around the neck). Push the neck covering all the way down on the neck joint so it doesn't obstruct the head when you put it on. Throw the armor back on, then the head, and all should be cool. They just need some minor futzing.

Yeah, there are some genuine issues with these. Which is too bad, I understand people's frustration and disappointment. Although I will also say that I think the percentage of problems is probably low. But I could be wrong.

Maybe we just got lucky. Seems as if there are lots of issues, which is too bad because these really are wonderful.

For the folks that are having issues with heads popping off try this: Strip them down with the chest armor off, this will allow you to put the neck covering over the body suit (This looks better then the way they ship with this piece under the suit, showing the frayed material of the body suit around the neck). Push the neck covering all the way down on the neck joint so it doesn't obstruct the head when you put it on. Throw the armor back on, then the head, and all should be cool. They just need some minor futzing.

I guess I got lucky too. Got mine yesterday and they are great! I agree with you about being them being a couple of the best.

I wish the regular Stormie looked as good as these two out of the box. The armor is nice and shiny and the paint apps on the helmets are excellent!

The paint on the heads on mine is good, thank the maker. No wonky eyes or anything. Those first pics had me leery, but mine look nothing like that.

The bodies are nice and tight but I did have a problem with loose heads. though I got 'em to stay on, I am going to try your tip flosi.

Luke was flawless out of the box and I agree with the previous post about him probably being SS' best Luke so far.

Han looks great as well, but mine did have a couple small issues. I also had a loose holster magnet. Nothing a little supr glue can't fix, and I was fortunate that it was still in the box, stuck to the metal part of the stand. Took me a while to find it. The other problem was that he seems to be missing one of the straps that connects the "butt piece" to the "crotch piece". Fortunately his belt holds them together okay, but I was a little dissapointed with that, though not enough to send him back and I am sure I can fix it.

Anyway, I am VERY happy with them. I also got Vader yesterday and thought for sure my enjoyment of these two would be eclipsed by him, but was pleased to find that wasn't the case. I will tak esome pics when I get home today, I was too busy basking in Sideshow awesomess yesterday to get to them.

Back