Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I got lucky too. Got mine yesterday and they are great! I agree with you about being them being a couple of the best.

I wish the regular Stormie looked as good as these two out of the box. The armor is nice and shiny and the paint apps on the helmets are excellent!

The paint on the heads on mine is good, thank the maker. No wonky eyes or anything. Those first pics had me leery, but mine look nothing like that.

The bodies are nice and tight but I did have a problem with loose heads. though I got 'em to stay on, I am going to try your tip flosi.

Luke was flawless out of the box and I agree with the previous post about him probably being SS' best Luke so far.

Han looks great as well, but mine did have a couple small issues. I also had a loose holster magnet. Nothing a little supr glue can't fix, and I was fortunate that it was still in the box, stuck to the metal part of the stand. Took me a while to find it. The other problem was that he seems to be missing one of the straps that connects the "butt piece" to the "crotch piece". Fortunately his belt holds them together okay, but I was a little dissapointed with that, though not enough to send him back and I am sure I can fix it.

Anyway, I am VERY happy with them. I also got Vader yesterday and thought for sure my enjoyment of these two would be eclipsed by him, but was pleased to find that wasn't the case. I will tak esome pics when I get home today, I was too busy basking in Sideshow awesomess yesterday to get to them.

Same thing on mine Billy Ray. I was just happy it was still there.

I have a mark on the chest of my Han. Aside from that I think they're really awesome. To me these are the best two SS SW Figs this side of Vader. I'm happy with this purchase. Am I the only one?

I'm thrilled with mine! I'd say these , along with Vader and the Utapau Clone are Sideshow best offerings this year. I keep mine mint in box but from what I was able to see , the paints apps are great, no smudges or marks on the armor Hans holster magnet is intact , no paint issues on the helmet .

I'm really happy I bought these ! Th best con exclusive SS has offered up to this point . My only real grip is I wish han came with the Stormtrooper Blaster Rifle.

Sorry to here about some of the issues folks are having . I did have a few issues with my EX Vader but I also got a regular version so I was able to
correct those issues pretty easily and have a very nice MIB ex and one now on display.

Its always nice getting SS pieces close together . I got EX Vader on the 3rd, Reg Vader last Friday, the Stormtrooper Commander Monday and Han and Luke yesterday and I'll Piett in about Two weeks .

The only Issue I have is making room.

Same thing on mine Billy Ray. I was just happy it was still there.

Yeah, I thought at first it just got left off, or was maybe stuck to the other magnet on the strap. I didn't even think to look in the box for it at first, then when I did I couldn't find it...then I spotted it stuck to the stand, thankfully. I had the same issue with Bespin Luke, but I just glued it on and all was fine.

I got mine, but there are several little things wrong. The worst of it is this:

IMG_4380.JPG

It looks like the strap was placed on the shoulder, then shifted before the glue could dry. So there is a rough texture that looks to be dried glue residue.

I took a look at my Han and he has the same issue with the shoulder strap too. Also, the chest plate isn't glued properly on one side of the velcro side (left) and one side of the elastic band side (right). These guys were rushed out too quickly.

Not to beat a dead horse...but Ive been away from this thread for a while and I am glad I looked here before I actually tried to win this set on ebay.

I am shocked and disapointed at sideshows quality control. For the price these figures are just plain rip-off. That eyeball paint is a downright insult.

Shame on sideshow. You are starting to remind me of the Saleen company. You used to have exclusive and beautiful items that were carefully constructed..then you just got greedy and started increasing production. I really hope sideshow isnt losing site of its long term goals?

translation: keep it up, no more money.

SS has actually DECREASED production numbers. And to be fair we havent heard anything from those that got these at the con. Most of these are the non attendee pieces. So it's an even smaller fraction of a small fraction.

Maybe we just got lucky. Seems as if there are lots of issues, which is too bad because these really are wonderful.

For the folks that are having issues with heads popping off try this: Strip them down with the chest armor off, this will allow you to put the neck covering over the body suit (This looks better then the way they ship with this piece under the suit, showing the frayed material of the body suit around the neck). Push the neck covering all the way down on the neck joint so it doesn't obstruct the head when you put it on. Throw the armor back on, then the head, and all should be cool. They just need some minor futzing.

Except for the dingy paint aps on the teeth mine were perfectly fine as well. It's almost like they ran out of white and some idiot substituted beige. :google

SS has actually DECREASED production numbers. And to be fair we havent heard anything from those that got these at the con. Most of these are the non attendee pieces. So it's an even smaller fraction of a small fraction.

True, and given there are only, what, 10 people with in-hand issues and how many of the non-owning negative posters are repeats and chicken littles, I think the numbers might actually be a bit smaller.

Got mine yesterday and I think they look great.

The only minor criticism I have (other than not making Luke shorter) is that the eyes are glassy looking, a bit too shiny.

My Luke figure has a loose elbow but all other joints are good so I'll cannibalize a left over body I have for the arm I guess.

My box was damaged in shipping (which seems to be the norm for me now) so I'm getting a replacement box but overall I'm very pleased.

My box was damaged in shipping (which seems to be the norm for me now) so I'm getting a replacement box but overall I'm very pleased.

If you started documenting, you could probably rip someone at UPS a new one for that. There's obviously someone along the line in the delivery process who has a problem.

This is a growing trend. We get new Star Wars figures.... talk about them.... and I try to get you to open those babies up! :monkey3
:banghead

I've had mine for two days and haven't even opened the shipper box! :horror I'm on my way to release these bad boys! I hope my paint apps are decent! Wish me luck!

This is a growing trend. We get new Star Wars figures.... talk about them.... and I try to get you to open those babies up! :monkey3

:banghead

Sorry Buddy , its been like this for me since I got back into collecting Star Wars in 95'.
My shrinking Hasbro Collection is almost all MOC , MIB too. I do have a few opened pieces . Side is staying MIB the only SS piece I've opend is Vader because I bought an extra to display .

leaving these in the box its like you might as well just own an empty box. Anyone who is interest in boxes, lmk I'll sell them all to you, $20 each, which is like better than 1/2 price of a figure you'l lnever open anyway.

Except for the dingy paint aps on the teeth mine were perfectly fine as well. It's almost like they ran out of white and some idiot substituted beige. :google

True, and given there are only, what, 10 people with in-hand issues and how many of the non-owning negative posters are repeats and chicken littles, I think the numbers might actually be a bit smaller.

I agree, there don't seem to be that many people with big issues and some people have little nitpicks like your beige teeth and my loose armor, etc.

I'n not that ticked about the problems mine had. It's certainly not the norm with the rest of the figures I've gotten. The problems were not that major, really. And if it was one or two of those little things I probably would have been fine with them. But it was that there were so many little things that it just added up. I filled out Sideshow's exchange form, so I just have to wait for a response from them.

Otherwise, I think they turned out great! I love the glossier finish on the armor, and the joints were definitely better on this one than my stormie, which was also okay except for the right ankle. The sculpts are phenomenal and Luke's paint job was perfect. My wife thought I was nuts and said no one would ever see the flaws! But I figure what does it hurt to exchange them for another set, especially when most of you guys' sets have come out fine!

I don't blame you for exchanging your set, I would have as well. I think the key thing is that its liek you said, most of them have turned out fine.

Back