Media Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guh. Hate cgi trailers. Never shows what the actual gameplay is like.

I really like that controller. I think I'd prefer the home button being in gold instead of the d-pad though.

I didn't have any expectations for this game being good, and that cinematic still made me disappointed.

This isn't some ****** anime. Spartans should have weight and physics to them.

I didn't have any expectations for this game being good, and that cinematic still made me disappointed.

This isn't some ****** anime. Spartans should have weight and physics to them.

Ahh I dunno, this matches my ideas of what a Spartan would more like more, from a few of the books and what not I always thought Chief in games was too.... normal :rotfl

I like how they move like anime with there power attacks. It's funny.

Blue teams trailer was infinitely better. Jesus, I could not handle that god awful trailer for Osiris. Everything about it just screamed stupid **** and anime-tier fighting, which has no place in Halo. They should have learned after that abomination Legends.

Anyway, it looks like I'll be picking this up for Blue team alone. the CE looks pretty damn skimpy for the price, so this is the first time I'm ever going with one of the lower tier options. LE for me.

I will get this as i have never missed a Halo Campaign in all my gaming years. BUT I will get the disc copy as i played the H5 beta and did not enjoy the multiplayer and then i have the option for trading in.

If anyone fancies teaming up for some Campaign, feel free to add me on live gamertag: Dellyboy

So those that have finished the game campaign, what did you think?

As someone who's finished the previous 4 Halo games, I was looking forward to this, however I won't be getting an Xbox One for a while. So I thought I'd check to see what the story was about......
Spoiler Spoiler:

So those that have finished the game campaign, what did you think?

As someone who's finished the previous 4 Halo games, I was looking forward to this, however I won't be getting an Xbox One for a while. So I thought I'd check to see what the story was about......
Spoiler Spoiler:
It's a little shoehorned, but the twist you mentioned is interesting, and I feel like it has the potential to be fleshed out a bit later on. It's worth it. It's a shame you spoiled yourself on it though, as the lead up is interesting to feel out as a player.

As far as blue team goes, they've always been cannon, they were the team that Chief worked with since they were augmented to be Spartan II's. No mystery with them.

The surprise to me is how much I liked fireteam Osiris. The whole group is a lot of fun and Nathan Fillian's Buck is a fun character.

Honestly, even if the game is narratively a bit weak (debatable, honestly), it is the most interesting installment since a while. I was engaged and wanted to know what happened next, something 4 didn't offer. It also plays phenomenally. The controls and gameplay are very tight and well done. My only gripe is that I can't 100% customize my button layout yet.

I don't think you would be disappointed. Coming from a big fan, this sorta renewed my interest and love in Halo.

Overall I felt the story was a little lacking, enjoyed it, as i did Halo 4.

Im not overly knowledgeable of anything Halo other than what has been presented to me in the games, so for me, I was under the impression Chief was really alone, for years.
Then all of a sudden a the Spartan program was restarted? but I think was glossed over far too quickly in Halo 4.
The same feeling applies to Halo 5, I would have just liked a little more content, even just a quick comment in a cut scene explaining how suddenly Spartans such as Blue Team who were all 'MIA' have no suddenly come back.

Overall I felt the story was a little lacking, enjoyed it, as i did Halo 4.

Im not overly knowledgeable of anything Halo other than what has been presented to me in the games, so for me, I was under the impression Chief was really alone, for years.
Then all of a sudden a the Spartan program was restarted? but I think was glossed over far too quickly in Halo 4.
The same feeling applies to Halo 5, I would have just liked a little more content, even just a quick comment in a cut scene explaining how suddenly Spartans such as Blue Team who were all 'MIA' have no suddenly come back.
This was my impression also. I also thought Master Chief was the last Spartan in the first 3 games. I played Halo 4 when it first came out, so I don't really remember much of the details about the Spartans in that game either lol.

This was my impression also. I also thought Master Chief was the last Spartan in the first 3 games. I played Halo 4 when it first came out, so I don't really remember much of the details about the Spartans in that game either lol.

Yep, I understand the Spartan program was restarted and so on, but I just would have liked a few extra lines of dialogue or cutscenes explaining that.

Back