Gunm's Room Full of Crap: The Quest to Stop Spending So Much Freakin' $$$

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: gunm's Collection Of Awesomeness

Barb Wire!

IMG_6725.jpg

At first I thought I'd try swapping bodies with the TBLeague nude, but it just wasn't working out. The neck on the TBL body is a bit too short, and I felt I lost too much articulation compared to the Alpha body. I am finding that the TBL body is just not very good overall unless you are content with very limited poses. Basically, the more joints you bend, the more wrinkly and odd the rubber skin looks. Over time, I can imagine it will be a real problem. In addition, the HS was too dark for the pale color of the TBL skin tone. Ultimately, I put her back to stock. I was a little disappointed at first, because I was hoping to make use of the TBL body, and also I'm still not real impressed with the quality of Triad. My fig came out of the box with a loose arm which rather easily pops out of the socket at the shoulder joint. I also had a devil of a time trying to put the rifle into her right gripping hand--just too loose. I could not duplicate the rifle stances on the box cover either.

But now that I have her in more of a relaxed pose, I think it looks pretty good. Her boobs simply don't fit well in her bustier, so a body with painted in nipples would be a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen anyway. As is, I don't think it's worth the MSRP, but would be good to add to your fem fig collection if you can find it cheaper/on sale.

I stuck her next to Eva--fitting since both of these girls are about as fiddle-y and difficult to work with as I have ever seen in this scale.

IMG_6731.jpg

One last thing: her hair. It's a crazy mess. I tried some detangle spray and that kind of helps, but she has some kind of chemical hold in her hair already, so the curliness at the ends are "built-in". It gets worse the more you try customizing (swapping bodies, adding clothes/accessories). And that ammo belt has no out-of-box way to stay around her waist--that was dumb Triad. :p

Last edited:

Whoa, a lot of new stuff came in!

Hot Toys Dastan, Royce, Eizo, Landa, War Machine, and Triad Toys Lola:
IMG_6744.jpg

A closer look at Landa:
IMG_6748.jpg

Another picture of Abigail Whistler with Black Widow base body.

IMG_6751.jpg

Even my six year old son remarked that it was a pretty cool-looking figure. :)

well it is a prety cool looking figure.

the best female figure hot toys ever made

Thanks guys! A couple new ones before the new year:

HT Chris Taylor:

IMG_6763.jpg

HT Berserker:

IMG_6764.jpg

Happy New Year everyone!

Great Scores and Happy New Years Gunm and Thanks for Sharing your Great Collection

Thanks Colossus!

Taking AdriannaM's idea, I took out my extra Black Widow to give her Abigail Whistler's outfit:

IMG_6768.jpg

Thanks all!

New pick up:

IM2 MkIV!

IMG_6771.jpg

Also, I unboxed my Soldier Story Navy Seal SDV (kind of looks like Stephen Lang from Avatar):

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6776.jpg

New Arrivals!

Hot Toys Aldo Raine and Whiplash:

IMG_6780.jpg

Closer look at Aldo:

IMG_6783.jpg

Aldo and Landa together:

IMG_6784.jpg

Thanks for looking! :wave

Thanks everyone!

A few new things:

Triad Jade Van Helsing!

IMG_6786.jpg

IMG_6792.jpg

At first, I was disappointed with her. There are several problems with this figure. First off, the paint app on the HS has a production flaw--her right eye is larger than her left! Of course, unless you are Hot Toys, the final fig rarely ever looks as nice as the prototype and in this case, it is clear Louie (Triad's main man) did a noticeably more dynamic make up-job on his version than the retail copy. Still, the details are pretty good, if a bit muted. Next problem: her hair is cut too short in the back and sides--this exposes the neck joint too much IMO. And finally, this fig is using the Alpha body which has those terrible wrist pegs. So fiddly to switch out her hands!

In the end, however, I'm digging this figure a lot. The joints are nice and solid, the outfit is fantastic, and she poses really well. If you got her for $80 or so, you are flying high with this one, folks!

Next up, The Punisher!

IMG_6789.jpg

I mean, Art Figures Saves! Such a great figure for the money. He's hard to find now, unfortunately. :(

And finally for now, Soldier's Story USMC in Afghanistan MEB:

IMG_6788.jpg

Sweet action figure! I liked it so much, I got two. >_<

The latest Soldier Story bodies are really good. The poseability is excellent, and I continue to be impressed with the quality the company is able to put out for the price. Recommended!

Thanks, fellows!

New items!

SSC/HT Captain Rex:

IMG_6802.jpg

This figure was so nice, I ended up getting an SDCC 501 Lieutenant. >_<

Hot Toys Military HALO Jumper:

IMG_6803.jpg

Yay, got at least one HALO guy now. ^_^

Hot Toys Military USMC Sniper Op Iraqi Freedoom MCCUU Desert Limited Edition:

IMG_6801.jpg

Only 500 of these.

gunm who is the girl on the left of sarah connor with the thick Rihanna thighs?

Back