Gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talking to Ash in Beijing he said they were going to do some Gundam stuff, still early stages but keep an eye out. he also mentioned the other day about a big link up that is coming.....:peace

Wow...I think it would be interesting to see a stylized Gundam. Depending on the characters I would definetly be interested.

I finally decided to get into the Gundam building hobby. I just bought a Master Grade RX-78-2 version 2.0 and have been reading up and watching videos on building and painting these kits. I hope I don't screw it up too badly.

Hey Boba! Good to hear that you took a giant leap and picked up a Master Grade. I highly recommend this grade versus the other grades for the fact that you get a really nice looking mecha in the end. If you have not already found this link I highly suggest bookmarking it.

https://fichtenfoo.net/blog/how-to-build-master-grade-gundams/

Nice kit! But I hope Bandai will do a GC using the ver2.0 frame.

Here is MG Gouf Custom from 08th MS team that i just build and some shots with the Clear parts it brings.

MGGoufCustomClearParts01.jpg

MGGoufCustomClearParts.jpg

MGGoufCustom02.jpg

MGGoufCustom01.jpg

I'm really hoping for a 2.0 Gouf Custom too. I'm sure Bandai will get to it eventually. They did give us a regular Gouf 2.0 after all, which was a huge improvement.

I know I am bumping an old thread, but I believe this is the correct one to post in.

I am looking to get one real nice Gundam.

Something on the size of a 1/6 or 1/4 scale.

Which are those? Perfect grade? Master grade? 1/100? 1/144? I have no idea. =[

Perfect Grade is around 12 inches which is 1/60 scale
Master Grade is around 7-8 inches and it's 1/100 scale..

this site is helpful and lots of pics..

https://www.dalong.net/

Thank you very much!

I can't view that at work, but I will when I get home.

A 1/60 scale it is! Is there even bigger? I will have to research but I assume a perfect grade is pretty awesome and probably expensive.

Sign..... I brought many of the gundam kit and try to painted myself, but just don't have the skill.... Now they are all in the box for a long time.

Thank you very much!

I can't view that at work, but I will when I get home.

A 1/60 scale it is! Is there even bigger? I will have to research but I assume a perfect grade is pretty awesome and probably expensive.

A perfect Grade will cost you around the price of a Hot Toys or Medicom 1/6th figure...so yeah they're expensive.

if you really want a big and cool gundam, RESIN KITS is the answer. It's expensive but really looks the best gundams. almost 2 ft. tall and wieghs a ton w/ light up features. try searching g-system. :)

got me a few of them. only finished the 1/48 hyper zeta. will post pics when i get back from vacation

G-System is definitely the Ferrari of Gunpla. Their kits start at $300 and go up to or over two grand. I've got their 1/35 RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. Ka) sitting down in my basement boxed up. One day I'll complete it. Loads of resin parts but damn fine when built up. If you don't mind adding extra little greeblies--small model kit parts, brass rod, electric wiring to spruce up the details--it builds up to a truly beautiful piece of art. G-System either purchased (or stole, ie recasting) other companies molds for kits as they are still selling kits that were discontinued by Volks, B-Club, Club M, Yellow Submarine, etc. years and years ago. Bottomline--they offer some truly great stuff but the legitimacy of it may be in question. Of course, they do cast their own stuff and it is beautiful. If I had had $2000 on my credit card about eight or so years ago, I would have purchased their 1/35 scale Ex-S Gundam kit which has to be the most meticulously detailed Gundam kit ever released and builds up into a massive three foot tall behemoth with all the extra boosters and giant mega particle cannon.

Just searched on ebay.. ya they are nice. Tad expensive.. lol

I am gonna go with a 1/60 Perfect.

1/60 is really 1/6 for like Hot Toys and Medicom. So it's really 1/60 the scale of a real Gundam. I have the RX-78 and the Wing Zero perfect grades and they are works of art. It is like holding a real Gundam in your hands. You build the endo-skeleton and then put the armor on top. The fingers are individually articulated, the feet, knees, everything is poseable. It's scary the amount of pieces and concentration plus patience it takes to put it together. When they first put out the Masterpiece Tranformers I held Convoy in my hands and said, "Not as good as the Perfect Grade." If you are getting one good luck when you assemble the kit.

Yeah, one of these days I'll pick up a G-Systems kit. So far, I've got the perfect grades of the RX-78, Zeta and the RX-178 MK II (I'm a UC guy).

Another cheaper option for bigger Mobile Suits are the mega size 1/48 kits Bandai's been doing recently. No complex inner frame, but a nice figure when built and fits in a detolf. ;)

-Joe

Last edited:
I've always seen Gundam around since I was a kid but never had an intrest to follow it. Lately I've been taking trips to the Hobby store for my kids and now when I pass by the Gundam models I've been intrigued to build a few. They look hella cool and I wouldn't mind trying it out just because I've been in the mood to build models again. I had to educate myself on the different Gundams by browsing around online and doing some reading and watching youtube. Man have I missed out on some cool stuff! :)

if you really want a big and cool gundam, RESIN KITS is the answer. It's expensive but really looks the best gundams. almost 2 ft. tall and wieghs a ton w/ light up features. try searching g-system. :)

got me a few of them. only finished the 1/48 hyper zeta. will post pics when i get back from vacation

as promised, just want to share. G-system is the best for gundam lovers, nuff said, enjoy :)

https://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/dns600/Gundams/

Back