Gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4997869369_4eb994b054_b.jpg

what model is the one next to the strike?

Here is MG Gouf Custom from 08th MS team that i just build and some shots with the Clear parts it brings.

MGGoufCustomClearParts01.jpg

MGGoufCustomClearParts.jpg

MGGoufCustom02.jpg

MGGoufCustom01.jpg

Also any tips on how to paint the gun. Want to make it look better than just that grey plastic

since you don't have an airbrush, these are your best friends for the finished look on gundam models:

for things to simulate metal (like internals, weaponry, etc) i like to use:

https://www.testors.com/category/145620/Metalizer_Enamel_Paint

Get the spray cans. Best look for internals and weapons are gun metal or dark anodonic gray. Spray in light coats, should only take 2 light coats. Let dry for an hour, then seal with Metalizer sealer (also in cans).

now, when you're finished with your model (panel lining, decals, etc), give it a twice-over with some clear Dullcote Lacquer, once again, spraying a little at a time. Here's the link for that stuff, it's great:

https://www.testors.com/product/136012/1260/_/Dullcote_Lacquer_-_3_oz._Spray_Can

also, see where you cut off the plastic pieces from the sprues? take a sharpie marker of similar color (usually lighter in shade) and just mark over that area. it will blend it together, not showing the little white mark. Gundam markers are also good for this b/c they come in the same exact colors. Grab 'em here:

https://www.hobbywave.com/modeling_supplies/gundam-markers

As for panel lining, I use Micron pens ( .005) for all my lining.

:peace

yeah id like to know also...3A doing gundam stuff. Not sure if Bandai would be willing to let someone else touch Gundam...but please lets hear more.

I finally decided to get into the Gundam building hobby. I just bought a Master Grade RX-78-2 version 2.0 and have been reading up and watching videos on building and painting these kits. I hope I don't screw it up too badly.

In the that last posted pic of the Red Frame Gundam, is that a PG or MG?..i built the HG, awesome design..would love to tackle a upgraded kit of this suit.

I finally decided to get into the Gundam building hobby. I just bought a Master Grade RX-78-2 version 2.0 and have been reading up and watching videos on building and painting these kits. I hope I don't screw it up too badly.

That's the Master Grade kit that I started with as well, and I screwed it up badly :slap! Read the instructions carefully, and take it very, very slowly. Make sure that you know what you're doing before actually starting the kit. I'm familiar with this kit, so feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Man! that PG Strike Freedom is so sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Oh man! I bought the "MG Strike Freedom Gundam Full Burst Mode" last year, and I haven't even opened up the box! And now, Bandai's releasing the PG :slap. I'll have to Ebay the MG kit soon...

Back