Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a revolver guy so I put a new revolver on layaway today.
A Taurus Raging Bull in .454

Im so wanting a s&w 500 4in

I was at a range about a year ago and a guy had one. He let me and my dad shoot it. It was nuts man! My dad did the best out of all of us. And he's 72! That gun makes a shock wave you can feel in your lungs

I was at a range about a year ago and a guy had one. He let me and my dad shoot it. It was nuts man! My dad did the best out of all of us. And he's 72! That gun makes a shock wave you can feel in your lungs

I love how you can load the rounds in it from a meager 275grains to 700grain thumper.. Just nuts..awsome

I love how you can load the rounds in it from a meager 275grains to 700grain thumper.. Just nuts..awsome

Really? Damn.
I also have a smith 460 revolver. I have had the damn thing for 6 months and haven't shot it yet. Was gonna go yesterday because I finally got ammo but had to cancel because it's frigid cold here right now. I'll take it out as soon as the weather lets up a little. I finally have ammo and want to shoot it!

Came with three 30 round P-MAG G2 magazines. Handguards. Troy Ind flip up battle sights. M4 style buttstock and a nice soft case. Only thing I think I'm going to get soon is a fore grip. A cheap one to start out.

Nice pick up! Post a range review after you shoot it. I'm curious about that one.

Nice!! I just picked up my Shield 9mm last night. First impression is that it's pretty hefty for a small gun. I'm gonna run out tomorrow to put some rounds through it. The trigger feels pretty good compared to the Apex kit I have in my M&P 9c.

~~I also found a good lead on a FNP 9m. I've been wanting to pick one of these up for several months, but since FN stopped producing them years ago they're kind of scarce. Hopefully this time next week it'll be mine.

I know what you mean, I had one of the original 7 3/8" models years ago when they first came out and the damn thing started destroying the range I shot at:lol. Every shot you could see drywall falling from the rear wall, it was insane. I sold it and wanted to get a PC version, but never did.

One thing to watch out for is how much difference the bullet weight makes if you let someone else shoot it. I let a guy shoot it with a low grain, (275gr I think it was)and he wanted to try the higher 450gr ones I shot(which were the heaviest at the time other than custom loads). He fired it and nearly hit himself in the head with the recoil, set it down, and walked out. I felt sorry for him, but it was funny as hell to watch(and yes I warned him)

If you know how to hold it and position yourself it's really not that bad. But I've noticed a lot of guys just don't. My big thing is forcing myself not to flinch. I can do it with 44 mag now but it took a few times out to get used to it. I can't wait to get my 454. I've got 60 days to pay it off but am going to try my best to get it done in 30. I wanna shoot it today.

Came with three 30 round P-MAG G2 magazines. Handguards. Troy Ind flip up battle sights. M4 style buttstock and a nice soft case. Only thing I think I'm going to get soon is a fore grip. A cheap one to start out.

Congrats on a great rifle.

I recommend a TangoDown forend grip. I'm using one with an integrated QD mount by American Defense.

item_1074.jpg

BGV-MK46K_feature.jpg

Congrats on the new 556.

I went with this Magpul for my fore grip.

I don't really like it. Think I'll give one of those Tango Down ones a go.

Question for fellow Glock owners. Anyone ever have their trigger get tough to pull? I took my new G19 up to Tennessee last week and after about 2 or 3 mags the trigger became very stiff. I could pull it but I honestly thought I might break something.

I took it down yesterday when I got back home and popped the stock connector back in. Seems fine now. But it also felt fine the 50 or more times I dry fired it with the Ghost connector in there too.

Back