Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I get an ak or maybe an sks? I've found some for really good prices lately.
Anyone here own one?

Last edited:
10646214_1.jpg

RIP Mikhail Kalashnikov

this is also my first gun purchase. Do I need to do the FBI NICS e-check? Or is this something my FFL will do when I pickup the gun.

This is done by the dealer when you go to pick it up. You'll have to have a background check done on every handgun you purchase (and most carbines as well).

Wookie? What's the best EOTech sight I can get. I know I want an EXPS2 but what version? I like that it's small but I don't need something for 300 yards. Sorry but I am a complete noob on the subject. Is there that big of a difference in the different versions they have? I'm not in any hurry to buy a sight yet because I want to learn how to shoot really well with the iron sights first.

Wookie? What's the best EOTech sight I can get. I know I want an EXPS2 but what version? I like that it's small but I don't need something for 300 yards. Sorry but I am a complete noob on the subject. Is there that big of a difference in the different versions they have? I'm not in any hurry to buy a sight yet because I want to learn how to shoot really well with the iron sights first.

Decide if you want to be able to do absolute co-witness with the Eotech. This means you can flip up the iron sights and look through the glass. The reticle/dot should still line up perfectly with your sights.
Also buttons on the side versus on the back. If you're going to be doing any magnification with your Eotech, get the buttons on the side so that you can still access them when the magnifier is in place.

It all boils down to personal preference. If you've got a LGS that has various versions/models, go check them out first.

Anyone know of a good, comfortable, not too bulky shoulder rig? I where suits on occasion and the hip holsters print too much for my liking. I also have my slacks tailored so no room for IWB.

Just need something nice and comfortable. I've looked at a few online places and at my LGS and just wanted an opinion from someone who is using one.

I'd say to find a local shop that carries them in stock and go and see what you like. I have an old Eotech that I bought before deploying in 2003. It works and takes one heck of a beating, but I don't think it holds a candle to the newest technology that is available in red dots. If you are thinking about something inexpensive the Vortex Sparc is a pretty good buy ( I have one on my Tavor), but it's not something that has been tested for durability like Aimpoints and Eotechs.

I've also red a lot of awesome reports from the Primary Arms micro dot sight, but I have not used one myself.
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-s/586.htm

That's how you do it!
I'm either going to be putting an ak pistol or a .454 on layaway soon. Maybe this week or next.

Back