Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any advice on selling a pistol online? Sites? Protocol? Etc.

You live pretty close, there are a couple of GA Facebook pages dedicated to buy/sell/trade guns I could send you to. In GA, there isn't any transfer requirements as long as you sell/trade in state. Personally I would still do the transfer through a gun store. Most only charge $20 or less.

What are you selling, XDS?

You live pretty close, there are a couple of GA Facebook pages dedicated to buy/sell/trade guns I could send you to. In GA, there isn't any transfer requirements as long as you sell/trade in state. Personally I would still do the transfer through a gun store. Most only charge $20 or less.

What are you selling, XDS?

My brother in law is buying the XDS. The one I'm looking to list is the HK 45 and all the goodies I got for it. I'd love the links if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks. You have any experience on any of them?

I personally have only bought ammo and accessories off of them, haven't pulled the trigger on a gun. I did sign up my father in law and he has sold a couple on there with no problems.

I guess what I mean is if I have no experience with rifles, are there better, simpler options to start with?

The scar is nice. But, if you can afford it and are going to be shooting 5.56/.223 which would be the same as other rifles, unless you got .22. But shooting the scar will be comparable to shooting regular rifle, just better.

Anyone have any advice on selling a pistol online? Sites? Protocol? Etc.

My brother in law is buying the XDS. The one I'm looking to list is the HK 45 and all the goodies I got for it. I'd love the links if you wouldn't mind.

I think it would be a good idea for you to list it on the www.hkpro.com forums. I've bought a couple from guys on the site, and it was a painless transaction. I recommend doing a face to face of course, but with the internet available it makes it easier for you to sell quickly. Legally speaking you would need to send it to a FFL dealer to transfer it to the buyer after doing a background check. For payment I'd suggest going with a USPS money order.

That's a steal!

That's the correct range for a 16s.

Expect $3,100+ for the SCAR 17s.

17s are all over for as low as $2400. The only reason I'm considering it is because it's within the same range, to only a hundred more in some cases. I don't know enough about the difference in rounds to make a decision. I know one is more expensive, but does it offer really any other benefit? Or is this another 9 vs 45 debate? I'm assuming the 7.62 has more felt recoil?

17s are all over for as low as $2400. The only reason I'm considering it is because it's within the same range, to only a hundred more in some cases. I don't know enough about the difference in rounds to make a decision. I know one is more expensive, but does it offer really any other benefit? Or is this another 9 vs 45 debate? I'm assuming the 7.62 has more felt recoil?

I love my 17, and honestly it doesn't feel like it kicks much more than any of my .223 rifles. I say go for it. Worst case scenario is that you don't like it, but I"m sure you won't have much problem trading it or selling it for what you paid.

I decided on the 16. For my purposes it made more sense. Any recommendations on optics and mods?
Anything 1-4x, or if you're feeling extra spicy jump on a nice 1-6x optic. Vortex makes some solid scopes, but I ended up putting a 1-6x SWFA on my Scar 17. If/when I get a 16 I might pick up another one for it.
Spend some time on here:
https://fnforum.net

I'd recommend getting an EACH charging handle.
https://fnforum.net/forums/scar-acc...085-scar-e-c-h-update-eye-candy-included.html

Vortex HD gen 2, Trijicon ACOG, or Aimpoint T1 with magnifier. Any thoughts?

I never was a fan of the ACOG sights, however, they're proven to hold up. The T1 is awesome. No questions there.

The Vortex HD gen 2 is the new kid on the block, but has already been getting a lot of great feedback. Honestly, it's the scope I would have mounted on my 17, but I needed more magnification. On the 16, they will make a great pair.

Back