Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not, I am an 'elder' brother. Before all of those you listed, there were 'THE THREE AMIGOS.' Some call us myths, even legends, if you will. Others refuse to speak of us at all. But I assure you....it was real. It was ALL....REAL.

I look forward to sitting down with future generations one day, to tell them about our adventures.

'Listen closely everyone to the tale of three friends who one day decided to strap a Hulk PF to the hood of a van and set out on a journey of epic proportions....Because it was at that moment that THE THREE AMIGOS....were BOOORRRRRRNNNNNNN.'

*fades out to star-filled sky*

*but not before a shooting star crosses the sky*

*and scene*

*but fades back in again to a single shimmering gold tooth*

*then fades back out again*

*and scene....again*

Post of the year for me. :rotfl

hahaha

tumblr_mpqc7wgqBx1szhls2o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mpq9kuQgx61szhls2o1_1280.png

OK Here's the thing...
I was assuming that the so-called Secret-Kaiju was:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now if it's
Spoiler Spoiler:
instead, it probably was because
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's all I can assume... nothing more here...
Sorry for the confusion! :wave

Ok. :lol...it was freaking me out hard core. I was expecting a Godzilla like Kaiju, or a King whatever the **** his name is with the 3 heads to pop up.

Anyway....

Caught my second viewing with the family today and found myself enjoying this quite considerably even with all of it's flaws. Some more glaring than others, but at the end of the day they don't really get in the way and they're not the point of the movie so they're not worth dwelling on. I normally don't make excuses for movies that just aim to be fun, but sucked, but this movie was genuinely fun. Characters were cliche's but at least they don't act arrogant tools like most characters in blockbuster movies which usually get mistaken for charm.

My first viewing I was a little agitated and tired after work and being a late viewing made it worse. There were also a bunch of people in the audience who killed the ambiance for me. Score was 6/10

2nd viewing it was just my family and some other bloke and I was well rested. I'll gladly give this an 8/10 now.

Hope there's some good high end Jeager figs.

Last edited:
Just back after my second viewing. This is such a fun film. It doesn't take itself too seriously and delivers on everything it's supposed to be.

I saw it in 2D this time and the experience was so much better. The picture quality was far superior to that of the 3D. I saw so many more details, especially on the Kaiju. Because of this I enjoyed the final fight alot better this time round. With the 3D version is all seemed too fast and confused however this time I was able to follow the action alot better.

Otachi is still my favourite Kaiju overall whilst I thought Leatherback put up a greaf fight too. I really like Slattern's hammerhead design, he's huge too!

Back