Grey Hulk Poll about Price/Es 179

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Want a gift on Grey Hulk Price?

• Yes of course because Es increase with 29

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Yes because don't understand that price

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No it's normal, do nothing

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
oxbeard said:
I still can't believe folks are actually freaking out about the increase ES especially an increase of only 29.

As I mentioned above, the ones that got one and complain about it are the ones that feel that the number 179 is taking them further away from the number 50.

50 is what it will always be about when it comes to the words "sideshow", "gray" and "hulk".

SolidLiquidFox said:
As I mentioned above, the ones that got one and complain about it are the ones that feel that the number 179 is taking them further away from the number 50.

50 is what it will always be about when it comes to the words "sideshow", "gray" and "hulk".

You're probably right about some of the buyers. I believe though that if someone is simply buying this one as a substitute for missing the Grey dio then they will never be satisfied. If you aren't buying this on because you actually love this piece then you're always going to be looking for something more. Of course this doesn't apply to the flippers in the crowd, they're definitely looking for something more, more money that is :D

SolidLiquidFox said:

I think that's a matter of opinion from one of those that has one of the 50. I don't really think it matters, I wish they'd just do 200 of them not 179. I think the only one's really upset are those planning on selling it for a profit. I'm still on the fence about it, '07 is a long way away right now.

RichPG said:
Okaay Lonnie, but are Bib / Leia exclusives 150 ES? Were they planning ultra exclusive Bib / Leias?

If they were, then they shouldn't have allowed those orders at the con either!

Why does the final edition size have anything to do with whether they should have sold it at the Con or not? If they weren't going to decide the edition size on any of them until after the Con, so that they could factor Con orders into the mix, then 150 or 15,000 should make absolutely no difference! :confused:

SolidLiquidFox said:

Rember me SolidLiquidFox? I am the one you sold The Ardeth Bey Silver Screen Edition Bust to on Ebay rember?:frank

Why havent any of you not cancelled your Gray Hulk yet??? Come on.....:lol

The Monster said:
Rember me SolidLiquidFox? I am the one you sold The Ardeth Bey Silver Screen Edition Bust to on Ebay rember?:frank

Busted! :rotfl

And Welcome The Monster!! Always good to have another Monster fan on board!!!

Darth Loki said:
But those 29 will never know. We all know that SN#'s 151-179 won't go out to the last 29 people to get an order in.

I said hypothetically speaking. ;)

The Monster said:

Glad to have you aboard :chew

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Bib, Leia and the Grey Hulk should have never been sold at the con.

Why? Again, if the orders were going to be taken into account before setting edtion sizes, why would it matter? I'm just curious... I really don't understand why this seems to be an issue... other than the fact that the Grey Hulk turned out to have a small edition size. I could understand it being a problem if all the edition sizes were set before the Con and the Con orders reduced the amount available for the PPO.

Just a reminder to all the diehard Hulk fans who are getting one not to belabor the issue to the point that this amazing piece gets "tainted" or leaves you with a bad taste.

SS seems to be pretty good about learning from their mistakes, and well, sometimes even then they still happen. Such is life.

No matter what the ES is if you end up with one you'll probably be the only person out of all of your non-internet aquaintances who does. Enjoy the bragging rights and looks of amazement. :chew

lcummins said:
Why does the final edition size have anything to do with whether they should have sold it at the Con or not? If they weren't going to decide the edition size on any of them until after the Con, so that they could factor Con orders into the mix, then 150 or 15,000 should make absolutely no difference! :confused:

Agreed Lonnie.

If they were to factor in the ES it wouldn't matter a jot whether they sold thousands of them at the Con.

But it seems that SS have a history of very low ES Grey Hulkish items & by the amount of chatter on the board (mostly by people who got one!) they never handled the situation very well. Mistakes happen & SS are forgiven in my book for price hiking, ES changes & Con ordering. All I'm saying is this could have gone a lot smoother.:monkey3

lcummins said:
Why? Again, if the orders were going to be taken into account before setting edtion sizes, why would it matter? I'm just curious... I really don't understand why this seems to be an issue... other than the fact that the Grey Hulk turned out to have a small edition size. I could understand it being a problem if all the edition sizes were set before the Con and the Con orders reduced the amount available for the PPO.
Well, even though the edition size for these pieces where not set at the con, the fact that they were offered there, definitely affected it. Bib and the Grey Hulk PF, both turned out to have a higher ES, and Leia will most likely have a higher ES as well. Can't help it, I like low edition sizes. As long as everyone interested in getting the item has a fair shot at it. As I said before, I don't really mind the 29 extra on the Grey Hulk PF, I really don't. Makes it even more special I think. The ES of 2500 on Bib Frotuna bothers me a bit though. Where will it end? Will SSC eventually run the same numbers as Hasbro did? The fascination of the SSC 12" figures is their outstanding quality AND their limited supply.

lcummins said:
Actually, there is no real difference between offering the Grey Hulk at the Con and offering the Bib or Leia 12" figures, all of which were PPOs after the Con. Since Sideshow had already stated that no edition sizes would be set until after the Con on anything pre-ordered there, just to avoid another Dr. Doom Exclusive fiasco, it shouldn't have mattered how many were sold there. They just take that number, decide the edition size based on the pre-sales, and make it large enough to satisfy the Con orders and their projected PPO orders! Should have been easy... :monkey3

Exactly! Could you imagine IF SS had announced that only 150 of the Grey Hulk would be available, it never would have made it to the PPO --- it is a miracle that only 29 were sold! :confused:

LOTRFan said:
Exactly! Could you imagine IF SS had announced that only 150 of the Grey Hulk would be available, it never would have made it to the PPO --- it is a miracle that only 29 were sold! :confused:

You are not buying the whole server overload story then:rolleyes:

LOTRFan said:
Yes, but THAT would not have been fair!!! Not fair for all those that could not attend, or didn't want to attend. That's another reason for not selling PPO items at the con! SSC could have treated it like a SDCC Exclusive then. 90% for the attendees, 10% (+ the rest which was not sold on the floor) for the non-attendees!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Well, even though the edition size for these pieces where not set at the con, the fact that they were offered there, definitely affected it. Bib and the Grey Hulk PF, both turned out to have a higher ES, and Leia will most likely have a higher ES as well. Can't help it, I like low edition sizes. As long as everyone interested in getting the item has a fair shot at it. As I said before, I don't really mind the 29 extra on the Grey Hulk PF, I really don't. Makes it even more special I think. The ES of 2500 on Bib Frotuna bothers me a bit though. Where will it end? Will SSC eventually run the same numbers as Hasbro did? The fascination of the SSC 12" figures is their outstanding quality AND their limited supply.

Yes, I can understand your reasoning. I admit I too enjoy having rare pieces in my collection... once they are in my collection! I throughly disdain them when I have to pay outlandish prices to get them on the secondary market or miss them because the edition size is too low. And yes, this is a slight double-standard on my part, but I think many collectors feel this way; we are after all, only human. If I was sure I would never miss getting a piece no matter what the edition size was, I would be all for low edition sizes, but being realistic, and knowing this isn't going to always be the case, I would rather have the piece in my collection with a larger edition size, than not have it with a smaller edition size. I think this is really the crux of the problem for most collectors, as well as Sideshow! How do you satisfy every collector who wants an item, but keep the edition size low to encourage demand? There is no good answer!

Great discussion guys! I appreciate the very civil and courteous discourse among everyone in this thread! (And I'm sure Dave does too!) :D

Back