Grey Hulk Poll about Price/Es 179

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Want a gift on Grey Hulk Price?

• Yes of course because Es increase with 29

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Yes because don't understand that price

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • No it's normal, do nothing

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be P.O. ed if I had been quick enough to order it and then the edition size is raised, I say CANCEL THOSE ORDERS!!

So that I can have one off the waitlist!

I didn't vote, cause I don't want to tell SSC WHAT to do, but it's clear that they SHOULD do something to avoid these situations in the future. I belive they are smart enough to come up with a suitable and CLEAR solution to keep ALL their collectors happy.

Ok, I changed my mind: I'd like to have the AP Cave Troll they still have as a compenstion.

Increasing the ES is something I probably wouldn't have done, but choosing a odd number is pretty cool, and also a small strike against scalpers that put the Grey Hulk on Ebay days ago, stating a wrong ES of 150 now.
Personally I love the low edition sizes, but this unexpected adjustment of the ES (https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=198175&postcount=256) , will make this piece even more notable in the future. SSC is building a legend here, even though some of us see this situation as a curse. The curse of the Grey Hulk. It will become a perception among collectors, if it hasn't already reached that status due to the Grey Hulk Vs. piece.

If they oversold then raising the edition to 29 was the right thing to do, its not much of an increase, but who cares about the edition size anyway.

don't know if this has been posted but it's on Statue forum:

Sideshow corrects pricing error for San Diego Grey Hulks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for recently visiting our booth at the San Diego Comic-Con. While
we were processing your pre-order that you placed with us, we noticed that
one of your items was Marvel Grey Hulk Premium Format figure.

This item was not authorized to be pre-ordered at the show because the
edition size as well as the pricing was not set. Our sales representative
not only booked this item in error but booked it at the incorrect price.

At this time we would like to honor your show pre-order for this now SOLD
OUT item, but can not do so at the incorrect price of $324.99. The correct
price is $424.99. If you are interested in keeping your pre-order with us,
please let me know via a return response to this e-mail by August 9, 2006.
If we do not hear back from you by August 4, we will assume that you are not
interested in keeping this pre-order and will cancel it from our system.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused for you and look forward
to assisting you further in this matter.

Please let me know if I can assist you further!

It is only 29 pieces guys......not the end of the world.

Hey all,

As I said even though we try to hit the mark everythime, we do make mistakes. I am sure if you compare the hundreds of products that we have brought to the market over the past fews years with the number of edition size issues, the screw up factor is extremely minimal.

Obviously, in our grey hulk alert posted from SF, the return by date should have been Aug. 9th not Aug 4th, too.

Best,
Chicky

i'm not worried...heck i could have been one that would have missed it otherwise. it shouldn't change the value.

lcummins said:
I agree! I love that name! The "Damn it! I just missed it!" List! :chew
There is also the less desirable, damn it I just missed it, was gonna flip it list.:chew

Why 179, why not round it up to a nice 180 and give a waitlister one. or even better a nice round 200 and make loadsa people happy. It is only an extra 50. Come on you know it makes sense.

They could have offered a "bump" system like airlines do to keep the ES at 150. In fact, they *still* could and I can't imagine anyone crying foul.

With airlines you give up your seat if the plane is overbooked to get a free ticket on the next flight (as I'm sure you all know.)

SS could say they need 29 volunteers to cancel the Grey Hulk order to get something free of equal or lesser value.

I'm sure 29 people would give it up to pay *nothing* for say a 1:1 bust or another large scale PF. Many flippers will just turn theirs over to effectively get one or more other collectibles w/the profit anyway. Offering a bump system gives them the same opportunity but keeps the ES nice and svelt at 150.

Back