Green Lantern Premium Format (2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh I may as well pull the trigger on this guy and Aquaman. As much as I hate that they don't have a fully sculpted Bats and Sups to go with I do love Hal.

Sigh I may as well pull the trigger on this guy and Aquaman. As much as I hate that they don't have a fully sculpted Bats and Sups to go with I do love Hal.

I'm in a similar position. I went ahead and ordered this GL even though there is no fully sculpted Superman and Batman. Only because I'm ok with it being a standalone piece if it has to be ...but I'm hopeful I can find a companion piece down the line.

There is a fully sculpted WW

Yup ...there is that. But it would be nice to have a fully sculpted Supes and Bats as well. Personal preference, of course .....

The Supes PF and Bats PF are good and all for mixed media fans, but I'll be looking out for fully sculpted versions.

I'm in a similar position. I went ahead and ordered this GL even though there is no fully sculpted Superman and Batman. Only because I'm ok with it being a standalone piece if it has to be ...but I'm hopeful I can find a companion piece down the line.

I feel the same way. I like Hal and would be cool with him on his own but really want fully sculpted Batman and Superman.

Well, I had a big order day, was feeling good I guess. I went ahead and used the monthly code to lock this guy down. I also ordered the Arkham Batman and Joker. That being said I will have a fully sculpted WW, GL, Aquaman and Batman. Supes will be my only cloth and I'm ok with that, somehow seems fitting.

Igo said:
People are going to see something upgraded once we get back a sample from China on Hal, and I believe most will be happy.

Alex said:
They only change I've seen on this piece is coloring to the construct on the base. Once a final shipping sample is in we'll get new pictures up on the site for folks to see it.

:clap

from the other website.

I'll be pissed if the color is too dark. Its a light construct not a piece of plastic. It should be lighter in color and translucent if possible.

agreed but i'll take almost anything translucent over the slime look, it also needs to pair well with Sinestro who has a translucent base

You have to question why after doing the first GL and Sinestro with translucent constructs that they would make the new GL with Ghostbuster slime instead. Especially since he's supposed to pair with Sinestro. Was it a QC thing? Too many broken pieces?

You have to question why after doing the first GL and Sinestro with translucent constructs that they would make the new GL with Ghostbuster slime instead. Especially since he's supposed to pair with Sinestro. Was it a QC thing? Too many broken pieces?

This new PF was meant to pair up with the JL PFs. The old PF was meant to pair up with Sinestro.

With the way the base for this new GL PF is in the shape of stairs, I think it would've still been safe to use translucent constructs. I think the chances of the translucent construct breaking would be nil on this base.

Changing the color of the construct might help, but going with a translucent green construct would be most ideal, IMO.

Except that they have marketed this PF with Sinestro in pics and the video

That may be the case but there's no doubt that the new GL PF was made to be displayed with the other members of the JL. That's why the character was revisited so soon after the original PF. The OG fit perfectly with Sinestro. This PF...not as much.

Back