Green Lantern Premium Format (2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they just cant win. They do Spider-man vaulting over a roof top and a bunch people complain it'll lean. They do Thor in a throwing pose and a bunch people complain about this or that. The did the original GL in an action pose and people said he didn't fit with the rest of the JLA museum poses.

Now they do another GL in a museum pose and people are going to complain its a. Too plain b. Has one leg up or c. Some other variation.

People will complain no matter what anyway :lol

Ok, dayuuuuuum. Day one PO...unless it's $500:lol But the lantern is the EX?! wuuuut:lol atta-boy SSC! If this comes in under or at $450, I will be full boar back on the sideshow train:rock:rock:rock People don't like the pose? This is going to go awesome with the trinity!!! :yess: Probably my one last JLA must buy!!!

You won't be tempted by Flash? :horror

I think it has it's merits but I just can't get over the modern look but with the classic pattern on the statue. I would be all over this if he had the modern pattern which stops at the waist. Never liked the green on the crotch and butt. I also think he looks kind of old. Overall still prefer the first one.

Stupid shoes and boring pose that so similar to Aquaman PF.Lame EX btw.
Head sculpt looks good.

No they just cant win. They do Spider-man vaulting over a roof top and a bunch people complain it'll lean. They do Thor in a throwing pose and a bunch people complain about this or that. The did the original GL in an action pose and people said he didn't fit with the rest of the JLA museum poses.

Now they do another GL in a museum pose and people are going to complain its a. Too plain b. Has one leg up or c. Some other variation.

What a sad story.
First, you might want to stop and ask yourself WHY people go paranoid about the lean. Maybe it's because lean issues have become much more common lately and affected even statues with absolutely static poses, i.e. the Superman PF. And before you start telling me that I'm a hater and so on - I have the Spidey PF on order. Common sense tells me that if they're making over 8000 of those, they must be confident there won't be lean issues, but nontheless there are enough leaning Supermen around that I can see why people go a bit paranoid about it.
Then again, people complained about Thor's hand, not about his pose. A detail in his anatomy that obviously was noticeable enough for some people, I don't think that's out of this world.

The problem with these museum poses, imho, is that they automatically exclude some of the most interesting options. Running Flash? Nope. Phasing Manhunter? Nope. Flying Hawkman? Nope.
Not sure about the people who complained on the first GL - but I recall that at the time, Igo said they wanted to make the Trinity in static poses and higher bases, while the others JL members on lower bases and action poses. With that picture in mind, there was absolutely no need for a GL2.0 and it was a very good art direction solution. Flash forward a pair of years, and they completely changed direction - so who's to blame here? People who complain and poor Sideshow that "can't win"? Or maybe it's the random art direction change and poor choice of character releases, furtherly crippled by longer and longere release times?
If they gave priority to the main JL characters and sticked to the initial plan, there would be no need at all for a GL2.0 and there would be no people complaining about GL not fitting with the Trinity, because they would already have in hand an action posed Aquaman and Flash. Instead, we're up to the umpteenth Batman and the umpteenth variant/recolor/alternative version that take time and resources from the main characters.

What a sad story.
First, you might want to stop and ask yourself WHY people go paranoid about the lean. Maybe it's because lean issues have become much more common lately and affected even statues with absolutely static poses, i.e. the Superman PF. And before you start telling me that I'm a hater and so on - I have the Spidey PF on order. Common sense tells me that if they're making over 8000 of those, they must be confident there won't be lean issues, but nontheless there are enough leaning Supermen around that I can see why people go a bit paranoid about it.
Then again, people complained about Thor's hand, not about his pose. A detail in his anatomy that obviously was noticeable enough for some people, I don't think that's out of this world.

The problem with these museum poses, imho, is that they automatically exclude some of the most interesting options. Running Flash? Nope. Phasing Manhunter? Nope. Flying Hawkman? Nope.
Not sure about the people who complained on the first GL - but I recall that at the time, Igo said they wanted to make the Trinity in static poses and higher bases, while the others JL members on lower bases and action poses. With that picture in mind, there was absolutely no need for a GL2.0 and it was a very good art direction solution. Flash forward a pair of years, and they completely changed direction - so who's to blame here? People who complain and poor Sideshow that "can't win"? Or maybe it's the random art direction change and poor choice of character releases, furtherly crippled by longer and longere release times?
If they gave priority to the main JL characters and sticked to the initial plan, there would be no need at all for a GL2.0 and there would be no people complaining about GL not fitting with the Trinity, because they would already have in hand an action posed Aquaman and Flash. Instead, we're up to the umpteenth Batman and the umpteenth variant/recolor/alternative version that take time and resources from the main characters.
Blah blah blah I complain about all sideshow pieces blah blah blah

There's always going to be complainers. To each his own. People should spend more time enjoying their collections instead of bashing the stuff they won't be buying anyways.

:dunno

I think it looks excellent

I agree. I just wish it had light up features. I normally don't care for them (because it sucks if they stop working) but I own the 1st EX PF and the light up features on that piece look beyond incredible. I mean...the base, fist, and ring all have light up features. At the very least this new PF should have a light up ring IMO.

Maybe it'll have a GL symbol construct like Green Sinestro.

Doubt it. The preview video already states the lantern is the EX.

What a sad story.

Go buy dolls and pose them however you want.

There's always going to be complainers. To each his own. People should spend more time enjoying their collections instead of bashing the stuff they won't be buying anyways.

I guess there could be an argument about why people won't buy something that otherwise they'd buy... but I guess that's too much of a conversation considering some of the random (and borderline idiotic) replies I read on a constant basis, like the one right above here :dunno

I am all for matching scale and type of pose, but a little more creativity wouldn't hurt. It is easy to say don't like it, don't buy it. There not many options too choose from if you want a 1/4 GL.

That's the problem with the collecting urge. People buy stuff just to finish their "team". No one is forced into buying anything. Like people said above; if you don't like, don't buy. If you are one of these people buying just to complete a display or just because most people don't like it so they give it a low Es... You are DIRECTLY contributing to the prices being raised.

Like Chris said, show love to what you have/will buy instead of tearing everything else apart. If you are going to comment about something you dislike, be respectful about it. "I'm passing because it is the same one leg up pose" is a lot better than "Real original sideshow, can you guys think of anything creative"

Back