Green Lantern PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may go well with the upcoming 1:2 bust

gl_half__scaled_800.jpg

Son of a ?????. I guess I have to get that too. :banghead

I saw Green Lantern at my LCS and he is Impressive, Like so many before me GLSquirel has to go, as far as the symbol on his chest it's the luck of the draw if you get a good one, thought that they wood have learned something after some of the Batmans had Bat symbol problems on the chest and also on some of the Busts

Just got GL today - I'm very impressed, much better than I expected from the photos. The emblem doesn't look like a cheap sticker, the pose is great and the outfit fits well. I'm not real happy with the angle the lantern hangs in his hand, and it's not repositionable as far as I can tell. It was a little hard getting him on the pegs, but the lunar crater base is excellent.

I unwrapped C'hp but I couldn't bring myself to even try to put him on the base. Hal looks so majestic the squirrel would just demean the entire piece. I usually can at least understand the intent of how a piece is art directed - but in this case C'hp is a WTF? There are 2 tiny holes on the base where he'd go in, but you'd never notice unless you were looking for them.

Funny....over on the Corps board people are singing C'hp's praises saying he makes the piece. I haven't decided whether or not to put him on. Its definitely one of those things where only really well know GL fans would even know who he is....

Funny....over on the Corps board people are singing C'hp's praises saying he makes the piece. .

Well, i'm not too familiar with the Green Lantern Mythos, but that little creature is definitely the coolest thing about this statue...Dark Lord Dave ashamed of displaying GL with it? Why? Accept the nerd in you,Dave.

Ch'p is very well done, has a great expression too. I might have bought him as a seperate statue even - but he just undermines the dignity of the piece.

well for me ch'p does make the piece a bit more interesting, he adds a little spice to it! for sure, he'll catch the eye of on-lookers and the interest towards the whole piece just escalates from there. besides, with ch'p added, this not only makes the piece a pf of some sort, but can be considered a diorama as well.

as for the sculpt of hal, dc has really improved if you compare him to the superman stat, a lot better than batman even. but if there's one thing i want to question about him, isn't he supposed to have a "bulge" somewhere? cause it appears to be really flat, and male, muscular heroes really looks so wrong without "it!" :rolleyes:

Ch'p is very well done, has a great expression too. I might have bought him as a seperate statue even - but he just undermines the dignity of the piece.

Saw the statue at my LCS today. I really liked it even more after seeing it in person. It is very well sculpted and looks great. If there is any marvel PF I would compare it to, it would be the captain america PF.

Its 1/4 scale but looks like it might be a tad smaller than Marvel PFs. The store was asking $325 and I didnt buy it, but I definitaly want to get one off of ebay for $200 range, I definitaly would not display this with the squirrel but Ch'p is very well sculpted I must say. I agree it does undermine the dignity of the statue.

Mine ( #72/1200) arrived yesterday (just in time to be a Christmas present to myself) :

DSCN3513.jpg

DSCN3514.jpg

DSCN3515.jpg

DSCN3516.jpg

Without Ch'p :

DSCN3518.jpg

DSCN3519.jpg

DSCN3520.jpg

I love this statue! but I am not the biggest GL fan. I would love to get a Flash in the exact same pose though. This guy looks so stoic!

I love this statue! but I am not the biggest GL fan. I would love to get a Flash in the exact same pose though. This guy looks so stoic!

Oh hell no. I want the Flash in full run. So when you look head on it looks like this

TheFlashAlexRossPT_gallery_primary.jpg

Hmm... what's up with the hair?? Is it just the pic or is the hair a couple different shades?? Doesn't look right for some reason.

Forced Highlights. They did the same thing with blue highlights on Wondy and Supes. I noticed that they made his signet have a large top portion similar to the promo rings they handed it instead of matching the comic....

Mine ( #72/1200) arrived yesterday (just in time to be a Christmas present to myself) :

DSCN3513.jpg

Congrats! The statue looks great. From your pics alone, I'm going to have to pick this PF up now. Most of the other pics were close ups and showed GL from the right arm angle and he looked too beefy, but your pics show a better perspective of his real dimensions.

Forced Highlights. They did the same thing with blue highlights on Wondy and Supes. I noticed that they made his signet have a large top portion similar to the promo rings they handed it instead of matching the comic....

Actually the blue highlights for WW were in the stock photos only. The actually product, fortunately had a more natural look to her hair and DC added a nice shine to the it too. Everything about the Supes PF disturbs me though.

:lol I actually like Ch'p in this piece. Although honestly having him included in a John Stewart piece would have been more fitting. I think whenever mine arrives (dumb holidays slowing my shipments...) I'm going to leave good ol' Ch'p on there.

:lol I actually like Ch'p in this piece. Although honestly having him included in a John Stewart piece would have been more fitting. I think whenever mine arrives (dumb holidays slowing my shipments...) I'm going to leave good ol' Ch'p on there.

I think when I finally get one, I'll switch Ch'p in and out depending on how I feel.

Back