Green Lantern PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool!

Are they continuing this line? If so, what's next? I'd like to get GL, but the others are just ok. If they are ramping up quality, I'd start the line, but if this is the end, I won't pick it up. Thanks! :)

Its not glittery, its the fabric under light that you are noticing although Reefer's seems much more notable in pics than it is in person. The only things that are near "glittery" are the gloves which are a really glossy almost shiny paint to them but DCD has been pushing that in all formats since the relaunch of GL figures.

Thanks Reefer for the pics!

It looks like a cool figure to me but I'm not so sure about the glittering outfit and the different shade of green in his costume/boots/lantern. Is this so noticeable in person?

The glittering fabric and green color differences aren't too noticable to me in person.

It is a very nice statue in person. Really the only downsides I see are the following:

• Looks crappy where the lantern handle goes in his hand. Just a big sloppy hole with visible shredded paint inside.
  • No different tones in the paint. All painted parts seem to be one solid color (except the base)
  • The lantern light mechanism isn't designed very well, and doesn't work right on mine

It's not quite SSC PF quality, but it does look great on display, and I'm happy to have it in my collection (especially at the price I paid).

I got mine the other day. Very nice piece. Ch'p had his ear chipped off, but everything else is fine. I'll glue Ch'p's ear on and post some pics.

Just an update - and man do I feel feel dumb!

I was messing with my lantern again, and found that it's not faulty after all. It appears that DCD put the cap/switch on the lantern backwards. After taking the cap off, giving it a half rotation, and putting it back on - it works like a charm now!

I'm willing to bet this is the case with almost all the reported broken lanterns! :lol

I was messing with my lantern again, and found that it's not faulty after all. It appears that DCD put the cap/switch on the lantern backwards. After taking the cap off, giving it a half rotation, and putting it back on - it works like a charm now!

I'm willing to bet this is the case with almost all the reported broken lanterns! :lol

:eek: :slap

**runs off to try it on his**

:bow:bow:bow to you Reefer. Tried your "solution" and I now have a properly working GL PF :chew

Mine's worked from day one, but I'm glad your guys' lanterns are working now. I can't figure out what Reefer meant by the cap /switch was on backwards though.

:bow:bow:bow to you Reefer. Tried your "solution" and I now have a properly working GL PF :chew

Awesome IC - glad it worked for you too :D

samueljd - the round bottom of the lantern that you turn actually comes off. We had to pull it off, rotate it halfway, then put it back on in order for it to hit the inner switch properly. (it was put on backwards at the factory).

Awesome IC - glad it worked for you too :D

samueljd - the round bottom of the lantern that you turn actually comes off. We had to pull it off, rotate it halfway, then put it back on in order for it to hit the inner switch properly. (it was put on backwards at the factory).

I think I understand you now. The bottom portion was off the alignment by 180 degree or so and it just had to be swiveled to the proper contacts to realign it. Right? I guess that's where you replace the battery too?!

Just received mine yesterday!! Really like it! But, same problem here, Lantern doesn't turn on, tried turning it the opposite way to take it off and check the contacts, but it wasn't coming off, a little afraid of breaking it if I turn it too much, so does the bottom screws off to fix it?

I think I understand you now. The bottom portion was off the alignment by 180 degree or so and it just had to be swiveled to the proper contacts to realign it. Right? I guess that's where you replace the battery too?!

Yep - you got it for the switch!

But no, the battery isn't there. I honestly don't know how to get to the battery. It seems to me like you have to take the damn thing apart completely for that :lol

I finally got around to using my new camera. Here's a pic of GL:

GreenLantern.jpg

Back