Green Lantern - General One Sixth Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Green Lantern - Offical License Announcment

Just say it. Green Latern looked like crap right from the get-go. Ryan Reynolds has yet to prove himself, I don't see him doing it here.

Definitely will not be hailed as a classic 5, 10 years from now.

I just got out, and personally, I loved it. It moved at a quicker pace than Thor. There was a lot of cool action in the film, but it didn't hurt the story at all. Oa was gorgeous, and there are some of those nods that just make you happy to be a Green Lantern fan. Also, Blake Lively's rack made the slower scenes that much more bearable.

Just got back from seeing the movie. Personally, it was just okay. The pacing of the movie seemed off. And tho Reynolds is not a bad actor, his serious scenes seemed forced. It's a decent popcorn flick, but nothing more.

Just say it. Green Latern looked like crap right from the get-go. Ryan Reynolds has yet to prove himself, I don't see him doing it here.

Definitely will not be hailed as a classic 5, 10 years from now.

So then you saw it?

Movie was pretty damn awesome to me. My full thoughts are in that movie thread.

Sign me up for Green Lantern and Sinestro.

Saw the film. Thought it was great. Hot Toys can have my money on this one.

Just got back from seeing it and the Rotten Tomatoes score is very harsh compared to what I thought of the movie so anyone thinking this movie will outright suck don't listen to it. Hopefully it will go way up when more people review it.

That being said, it was my least favourite superhero movie in a long time and it can't be because I don't like the character because I didn't like Thor particularly but I enjoyed that movie more. I don't think this has won me over to liking the character so the figures are pretty low on my want list.

Most of the reviews that panned Blade Runner level the same complaints against Green Lantern: style over substance, amazing visual imagery let down by cookie cutter characters, and a pedestrian script that follows formula.
From the trailers and marketing, I do feel like Green Lantern looks like it will be a disappointment, regardless of what critics are saying. On the other hand, I didn't think Thor would be particularly good, and it ended up being my favorite movie of the Summer so far, even ahead of First Class.

:panic: Batty is rolling in his grave right now! That quote belongs on the back of the DVD box.

Loved it. Not perfect by any means but definitely a fantastic film and worth the HT figures. I'm in for whatever they offer and after seeing the film, it makes me wish HT was more "all in" with these things.

With the lack of screen time for both Tomar-Re and Kilowog, I'd be surprised if either got the HT treatment. I'd like to see Hector with switch-out foreheads lol. :cuckoo:

The fact that Tomar-Re and Kilowog would need specialized bodies pretty much cancels them out for the HT treatment. Although I'd love a Hector with glowing eyes.

As long as Hal's suit glows then I'm good. Either way I'm already set on a glowing movie GL. Just be nice to get it in 1/6 as well. Honestly be surprised if Sinestro is made or anyone other than Hal for that matter.

I saw it at midnight and I can say that I was disappointed. I am not a huge Green Lantern fan, so maybe that had something to do with it. I don't really think so as I am not a huge Thor fan either, and I thought that movie was really good.

Overall, I say its ok/good, not great. Out of the superhero movies this summer it definately #3.

Just saw the movie! THIS LINE IS A MUST!!! I NEED a Hal Jordon asap! The suit was so epic!! Ill take him, Sinestro, and even a Hector Hammond so i can throw him into somthing.

Im gonna be poor when these come out, but ill have a sweet collection!

I too just saw the movie. A bit disappointed but absolutely loved the character design (energy suits). I am game for HT Lanterns or Guardians. Anyone else is an easy pass....

Loved it. Not perfect by any means but definitely a fantastic film and worth the HT figures. I'm in for whatever they offer and after seeing the film, it makes me wish HT was more "all in" with these things.

:lecture... yep.

I only want a Sinestro fig though. :rock

I'd love Hal and Sinestro to go with 89 Bats & Joker and Reeve Supes.

Because apart from that my collection is all Nolan Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back