Green Lantern---Blackest Night (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to buying a silver Sharpie and colored by Black Lantern Ring. It looks so much better. It doesn't look like a cheapo freebie ring now. I actually looks like something worth over a buck! :lol

But seriously, if you haven't done it yet, do it! It makes it look so much better (and accurate).

Cool! :lol

I gotta get a silver Sharpie and do this! :D

I wasn't sure the Blackest Night: Batman tie in either but after reading the first issue, I'm hooked!

I planning on getting Blackest Night: Superman as well!

Yeah I'm on the fence about BN: Superman. I'll probably end up giving it a try. The only one I know I won't be getting for sure is Blackest Night: Titans.

DO IT!!! i just read the BN: Superman book and it was awesome. (i'm really not up to date on the Superman history, but it was still pretty darn awesome)
yes, Batman was great!!! i will be continuing with both of these add on books. the art work is amazing!!!

My store had damaged copies,so I had to go to another store--will reads tonight--saw the other cover--looked awesome,but not for $25.00
Superman BN that is

Just a quickie!

Patient Zero of Earth... RISE!

dsc01270cdx.jpg

Its a bad pic of the ring itself, but I thought this would be more interesting than just it laying on the table. You at least get the idea.

Silver sharpie is on my do get list---looks much better
SupermanBN was great--series has me looking forward to Wednesdays

And it is easy to do to. Just stay on the lines. Beats using silver paint and a brush anyday. I can never paint within the lines :lol

I got the Superman issue (and the latest Stand) but haven't read it yet. Looking forward to reading it later tonight. And I'll be happy to post spoilers for those with weak will power :)

OK, Superman spoilers!

First, thing that stands out to me is that Superman displayed multiple emotions at once to the Black Lantern Superman. Up until this point it has just been one at a time. But will was the emotion he had most often, so perhaps he'll end up a Green Lantern afterall. But the fact he was killed and turned into a Black Lantern makes that pretty iffy.

Second, holy crap is Black Lantern Superman able to kick butt. He pretty much slaughtered all of Smallville. Lois too. They didn't kill Krypto though so maybe there can't be black lantern animals?

I'm not a big Superman fan (he is too powerful and his weakness isn't used against him effiecently) but I really did like this. So far any of the Blackest Nights haven't disapointed.

Oh, yeah, I forgot I did throw in a fake spoiler for those with no will power :p

ok, since you posted spoilers.

No way in gods green earth Lois Lane stays dead. She has always been the one constant in Clarks life. she is his link to humanity, that stops him from totally feeling alien.

that alone, will show there is someway to come back from a black lantern death

ok, since you posted spoilers.

No way in gods green earth Lois Lane stays dead. She has always been the one constant in Clarks life. she is his link to humanity, that stops him from totally feeling alien.

that alone, will show there is someway to come back from a black lantern death

You assume the Black Lanterns will be defeated. It is still possible there will be no happy ending here. The Black Lanterns could win and require a full DC reboot. Unlikely, yes, but still possible.

But they did say this event will shake things up for everyone. Killing Lois would definately do that.

glrings.jpg

I find it weird that the color scheme of the Black Lantern ring is opposite to what we've seen so far.

Each ring will ship every two weeks, Yellow on November 4th, Orange on November 18th, Red on December 2nd, Green on December 16th, Blue on December 30th (well, December 23rd now, I guess, thanks to Comic Book-Free Day), Indigo on January 13th and Violet on January 27th.

:lol I just entered these dates on my phone.

Expect some kind of charge however. Retailers have to order large numbers of comic books, often ones that usually don’t sell too well, in order to qualify for the rings. Some retailers may pass that cost on, or ask you to buy the comic in question. Which will probably be a Blackest Night tie in anyway. So it’s not really a hardship…

Hmmmm.....I love these rings but not sure I love them enough to actually pay for them on top of getting a book.

Back