Green Lantern---Blackest Night (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, since you posted spoilers.

No way in gods green earth Lois Lane stays dead. She has always been the one constant in Clarks life. she is his link to humanity, that stops him from totally feeling alien.

that alone, will show there is someway to come back from a black lantern death

Okay, I'm new here but let me try and help. The "Lois" you saw wasn't our modern Earth 1 Lois Lane. It was Kal-L's wife, the golden age Lois Lane of Earth 2. She died back during Infinite Crisis. Our Lois Lane is still very much alive and running around in the pages of the Codename:patriot story in the regular Superman titles.

glrings.jpg

I find it weird that the color scheme of the Black Lantern ring is opposite to what we've seen so far.

Actually that is what the Black Lantern rings tend to look like when on people. They glow and the markings are what turn black while everything esle glows.

Plus I think they stole that pic from the Lantern Ring set DCD is selling for $200 so I bet we just get straight single colored plastic ones again.

Okay, I'm new here but let me try and help. The "Lois" you saw wasn't our modern Earth 1 Lois Lane. It was Kal-L's wife, the golden age Lois Lane of Earth 2. She died back during Infinite Crisis. Our Lois Lane is still very much alive and running around in the pages of the Codename:patriot story in the regular Superman titles.

I was thinking it might not be the same Lois when Black Lantern Superman said "my wife." But it was Mrs. Kent that said Lois and those of us not real up to date with Superman comics just assumed it was the "real" Lois.

Thanks for clarifying that :)

that would make better sense. Just threw me off, because Clark said she was on her way, and Ma asked if it was Lois.

good point. Awesome first post.

I haven't bought Superman: Blackest Night title yet because I didn't want to drive the LCS (20 miles each way) to get just one book. The troublesome thing about DC is the melding of the various Earths. It gets fairly confusing for folks who haven't been following the books for some time... It took me a while to catch up and I still get things confused.

I haven't bought Superman: Blackest Night title yet because I didn't want to drive the LCS (20 miles each way) to get just one book. The troublesome thing about DC is the melding of the various Earths. It gets fairly confusing for folks who haven't been following the books for some time... It took me a while to catch up and I still get things confused.

So if the BL's are in our Earth, it could mean they are not in others?
and
Can characters go back and forth between Earths?

There is only one Earth now. E2 Supes was one of the heroes from various Earths who fought to save the Multiverse from destruction during the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths and was present at the battle at the dawn of time in which the five remaining Earths were merged into a single universe.

That is why he still existed and still remembered the history of his home reality, even though no one in the new reality remembered he had ever existed. Alexander Luthor of Earth-Three transports E2 Supes, the E2 Lois, the Superboy of Earth-Prime and himself into a paradise dimension and sealed themselves off from the universe.

During Infinite Crisis, Alexander and Superboy are trying to rebuild the multiverse while E2 Superman is trying to bring back E2. Its during this that they all break out of the "Paradise" holding and interact with our Earth known as E1. Lois (E2) dies in this saga and E2 Supes (Kal-L) teams with E1 Supes (Kal-El). Its at this point in a battle with Superboy Prime that Superboy Prime savagely beats Kal-L to death.

Kal-El then intervenes and eventually manages to take down Superboy-Prime, who is then imprisoned by several Green Lanterns. Kal-L passes away in Power Girl’s arms after telling her that he’ll always be with her and whispers "Lois" as his last word. All of this happens in our reality or Earth and so E2 Superman and E2 Lois are both able to be effected by the Black Lanterns.

I just read BN: Superman...Holy Moley was that COOL! :rock :rock :rock

I can't wait for issue 2!

12831_400x600.jpg

Blackest Night: Superman #2 of 3

Written by James Robinson; Art and cover by Eddy Barrows and Ruy José; variant cover by Shane Davis and Sandra Hope
It's a crisis in Smallville as Psycho Pirate attacks! Plus, Superman's dead bride returns as a Black Lantern! And she joins in on the haunting of Smallville in the second part of this terrifying 3-issue epic from writer James Robinson (SUPERMAN, STARMAN) and artist Eddy Barrows (TEEN TITANS, ACTION COMICS)!​

13173_400x600.jpg

Blackest Night: Superman #3 of 3

Written by James Robinson; Art and cover by Eddy Barrows and Ruy José; Variant cover by Shane Davis and Sandra Hope
Black Lantern Psycho-Pirate shares his pain with the citizens of Smallville! And having your face shoved through the back of your skull can create quite a bit of pain. Will any Kryptonians come to the rescue? And could the key to taking down this menace lie within the Medusa Mask? Find out in the finale of this terrifying 3-issue epic from writer James Robinson (SUPERMAN, STARMAN) and artist Eddy Barrows (TEEN TITANS, ACTION COMICS)!​

Blackest Night: Titans is gonna rock also!​

12418_400x600.jpg

Blackest Night: Titans #1 of 3

<!-- #content-col1 -->Written by J.T. Krul; Art and cover by Ed Benes and Rob Hunter; Variant cover by Brian Haberlin
Black Lantern Titans are descending together onto Titans Island! Will the Titans be prepared to fight off their deceased allies? And how can Beast Boy not lose his heart to Black Lantern Terra?

Explore the effect BLACKEST NIGHT has on the greater DC Universe in this 3-issue miniseries from writer J.T. Krul (JSA CLASSIFIED, Fathom) and superstar artist Ed Benes (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)!

12832_400x600.jpg

Blackest Night: Titans #2 of 3

Written by J.T. Krul; Art and cover by Ed Benes and Rob Hunter; variant cover by Brian Haberlin
Titan-on-Titan violence! Black Lantern Hawk has his talons set for the female Hawk and Dove! Meanwhile, Red Star faces a frightful family reunion with Black Lanterns Pantha and Wildebeest, and Donna Troy faces her worst possible nightmare! Plus, Black Lantern Terra terrorizes Beast Boy! Continuing the 3-issue miniseries from writer J.T. Krul (JSA CLASSIFIED, Fathom) and superstar artist Ed Benes (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)!

13175_400x600.jpg

Blackest Night: Titans #3 of 3

Written by J.T. Krul; Art and cover by Ed Benes and Rob Hunter; Variant cover by George Pérez
With their backs against the walls of a battered Titans Tower, the few remaining Titans face their dead former teammates who have now become Black Lanterns! Meanwhile, one Titan discovers a secret weapon...but at what price? Don't miss this finale from writer J.T. Krul (JSA CLASSIFIED, Fathom) and superstar artist Ed Benes (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)!​

thanks!!

im kind of a big blue fanatic so i try and stay up to date on all things superman. so how about the zor-el resurrection? think of the repercussions thats gonna have on new krypton and all of the new kryptonians!! these events must be taking place after the codename:patriot storyline thats running. you would think thatd be a foolish decision because even as powerful as the black lanters are can they possibly stop a few thousand kryptonians all with supermans powers?

thanks!!

im kind of a big blue fanatic so i try and stay up to date on all things superman. so how about the zor-el resurrection? think of the repercussions thats gonna have on new krypton and all of the new kryptonians!! these events must be taking place after the codename:patriot storyline thats running. you would think thatd be a foolish decision because even as powerful as the black lanters are can they possibly stop a few thousand kryptonians all with supermans powers?

Yeah, I bet Patriot ends about a week before BN kicks off. Great issue with Zor-El, Supes Earth 2 and Lois Earth 2 causing all kinds of havoc. Smallville is sure going to get pummeled.

Just a quickie!

Patient Zero of Earth... RISE!

dsc01270cdx.jpg

Its a bad pic of the ring itself, but I thought this would be more interesting than just it laying on the table. You at least get the idea.
that looks pretty cool!!! i need to track me down one of those rings.
well, you gotta do what you gotta do. you can always buy the book for the free ring and turn around and sell it on ebay or kindly donate to the little kid behind you in the LCS

~~hey mods is there any chance we can get this thread as a sticky?? like the Dark Reign discussion thread in the marvel section.

Last edited:
I realize Im alot slower than everyone else,

but did everyone else notice the Tales of the Corps covers all fit together?

Back