Green Lantern---Blackest Night (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the cover art for Blackest Night #5, he's (Nekron) depicted wielding a black scythe with a lantern-like handle that Johns has identified as the character's own personal power battery.

blackestnight2009081301.jpg

Notice that these are most of the characters brought back to life after major deaths.

This is what Nekron used to look like:

nekron1.jpg

Maybe he is using the deaths to build a "battle armor"?

as much as I loved GLC, BN2, and Batman BN1, Im really disappointed with the Tales of the Corps. It had Atrocious, Indigo, and someone else on the cover, and yet didnt cover any of those characters. We're now 25% of the way thru BN and Indigo still has no part in it, and some of the colored Corps have been missing altogether. Seems its almost just Black Lanterns vs the DC Universe. The other Corps have nothing to do with the storyline.

You have to remember that Blackest Night that we are in is part one. Once the 8 issues come out then we'll be in part two. The Corps role hasn't been defined yet and I have a feeling that what we see on Earth is nothing compared to what we'll see in space.

You have to remember that Blackest Night that we are in is part one. Once the 8 issues come out then we'll be in part two. The Corps role hasn't been defined yet and I have a feeling that what we see on Earth is nothing compared to what we'll see in space.

Actually just 1-4 is part one I think.

That would be correct. I have been correct. Now the statement is correct. ;)

Hey, Buttmuch, this is the first pic I've seen with a hint of the WW figure! :D

Blackest Night Series 4

DCC10975.jpg

Black Hand
Black Lantern Firestorm
Kyle Rayner
Wonder Woman

Will WW become a Lantern? If so...which Corps? I'm guessing a Blue Lantern.​

Last edited:
They had that shadow of her on display at SDCC. But yeah, the current guesses are she become some sort of lantern. Whether it is Black or a different color has still yet to be seen. She looks normal enough, but then again Firestorm's figure wouldn't have screamed "Black Lantern" just by his outline.

And then again, they could just be showing a generic Wonder Woman outline.

Wonder Woman as a Red Lantern would be awesome. She's already killed Maxwell Lord. And she tends to get really really pissed really really easily. Maybe the site of friends coming back from the dead sets her off

The outline of WW doesn't give you much to go on. It does look like WW has arm bands, thigh bands and what looks to be the outilne of a sword scabbard on her left hip.

Wonder Woman as a Red Lantern would be awesome. She's already killed Maxwell Lord. And she tends to get really really pissed really really easily. Maybe the site of friends coming back from the dead sets her off

WW as a Red Lantern would be interesting.

Hey, Buttmuch, this is the first pic I've seen with a hint of the WW figure! :D

Blackest Night Series 4

DCC10975.jpg

Look at the arms, she is wearing bands of some kind and she has a shirt on by the shadow on the lower left side. People are speculating that she will be part of the Indigo Tribe. Its mysterious and it seems to follow her lineage well in terms of look and that it'd be a natural fit....

Out of all the Lantern choices if she isn't black I'd say Indigo is probably a good bet.

Look at the arms, she is wearing bands of some kind and she has a shirt on by the shadow on the lower left side. People are speculating that she will be part of the Indigo Tribe. Its mysterious and it seems to follow her lineage well in terms of look and that it'd be a natural fit....

Out of all the Lantern choices if she isn't black I'd say Indigo is probably a good bet.

Indigo sounds good and is a natural fit.

However...WW has always been about hope & peace and I still think she'll be a Blue Lantern. :D

Rayner has always seemed like a Whiner. And Ive always hated Stewart for some reason.

Long Live Hal Jordan

until he dies again.

and then comes back again.

only to sacrafice himself again

Who knows, maybe Hal will end up as a Black Lantern. He's been the rest besides Indigo right (and obviously not the all-female Star Saphires).

Who knows, maybe Hal will end up as a Black Lantern. He's been the rest besides Indigo right (and obviously not the all-female Star Saphires).

Obviously, you didnt see the episode that showed what Hal wears on saturday nights at the She-Ra Bar & Grill

Back