Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think no classic styled COH is a big missed opportunity with this piece. However, I still like what I see so far. Looking forward to the full reveal and I'll make a decision then.

Next Rogue? Is that like boom inside info?

Yeah, I saw the post over at SF. I really do like what I've seen so far. It really is a great looking sculpt. I can't wait to see it painted up too. The goggles is the only thing that bugs me a bit. However, it's not a deal breaker for me. Goblin is the final villain I NEED for my collection. This one is looking like it can fill that bill.

Still waiting for the Terminator Maquette, teased around Christmas time?
This hasn't even been officially teased yet.

Yes, this has been officially teased, as Sideshow leaves nothing to chance. As the recent Brown Wolverine "slipped" reveal scenario, & a short time later the full blown reveal/PO date. Besides, Igo indicated that time constraints did not allow enough time for the classic portrait to be produced, hence the pending full reveal/PO date. I hope.

Well, considering I went with both new Spidey's, I am pretty much all in on the Rogue's. I really like what they have done with the GG. Looking forward to the full reveal and the next one up.

Doc Oct is probably one of the most iconic spidey Villians ever. Just like Magneto, not sure why SS hasn't done him yet.

Doc Oct is probably one of the most iconic spidey Villians ever. Just like Magneto, not sure why SS hasn't done him yet.
Because they are afraid that his tentacles :p I want him too but xm is making one, let's see what they have to show us

The end of the original Spidey COM line probably had to do with the fact that it was an artist inspired line. The original Spidey, Venom, and Carnage COMs were all a part of the Olivetti line. The artist inspired lines don't tend to go on for very long. The Brooks, Olivetti,and Hughes lines all seem to be wrapped up. It's a damn shame. I especially wanted a classic AH Storm COM. I can't believe they axed the line before she was released. Having Emma, Mystique, Rogue, and Black Queen but not Storm leaves a HUGE hole in my collection.

I agree 100% with including both modern and classic portraits whenever possible. I'm sure most collectors would be thrilled to have an option as to which era of a character they want to display.

I see, I think. To get it straight, SS discontinued the best selling Olivetti/Canale spidey line due to lack of further material? I mean has Olivetti only done the 3 characters initially released, or has he produced other works regarding spidey rogues? I ask because I own all 3, & later picked up Rhino, which ironically, was shown facing the spidey com in one of Rhino's PO SS pics, which he fits in beautifully with the initial 3.

So Rhino's release was showcased by SS as a continuation of the Olivetti line, even though it was not based on Olivetti's art. I just think SS dropped the ball, & should have continued the line using other artists/inspirations, as they do for almost every other major line they presently produce. I know GG will fit in beautifully, I'm just afraid SS will somehow find a way to make the same mistake, & prematurely stall or kill this line before some star rogues get their just due.

I see, I think. To get it straight, SS discontinued the best selling Olivetti/Canale spidey line due to lack of further material? I mean has Olivetti only done the 3 characters initially released, or has he produced other works regarding spidey rogues? I ask because I own all 3, & later picked up Rhino, which ironically, was shown facing the spidey com in one of Rhino's PO SS pics, which he fits in beautifully with the initial 3.

So Rhino's release was showcased by SS as a continuation of the Olivetti line, even though it was not based on Olivetti's art. I just think SS dropped the ball, & should have continued the line using other artists/inspirations, as they do for almost every other major line they presently produce. I know GG will fit in beautifully, I'm just afraid SS will somehow find a way to make the same mistake, & prematurely stall or kill this line before some star rogues get their just due.

There were a few more pieces in the Olivetti line besides the Spidey set. The Hulk and Punisher COMs along with the Skaar and Apoc PFs were all Olivetti inspired pieces as well. Whenever an artist inspires a line, it's his vision of these characters that is the driving influence in the sculpts. Plus, sets by artists are usually tied together based on other pieces in the set. Whether we like it or not, artist inspired lines eventually end. It happened with Hughes, Brooks, Olivetti, and will happen with JSC when he's done with his Spidey COM set. Honestly, there's nothing stopping us from displaying any of the new Spidey villains to the Olivetti set. That's what I'm doing. I have the Olivetti Spidey COM (and Venom, I passed on Carnage) so I didn't PO the new Spidey PF. That won't stop me from adding this Goblin PF to my collection.

I do understand where you are coming from though. Sets need to be completed. At the very least, the Sinister Six have to get released as PFs. All true Spidey fans would want at least those villains in their collection. However, there are many more that are deserving of the PF treatment. Spidey's Rogues gallery is HUGE.

There were a few more pieces in the Olivetti line besides the Spidey set. The Hulk and Punisher COMs along with the Skaar and Apoc PFs were all Olivetti inspired pieces as well. Whenever an artist inspires a line, it's his vision of these characters that is the driving influence in the sculpts. Plus, sets by artists are usually tied together based on other pieces in the set. Whether we like it or not, artist inspired lines eventually end. It happened with Hughes, Brooks, Olivetti, and will happen with JSC when he's done with his Spidey COM set. Honestly, there's nothing stopping us from displaying any of the new Spidey villains to the Olivetti set. That's what I'm doing. I have the Olivetti Spidey COM (and Venom, I passed on Carnage) so I didn't PO the new Spidey PF. That won't stop me from adding this Goblin PF to my collection.

I do understand where you are coming from though. Sets need to be completed. At the very least, the Sinister Six have to get released as PFs. All true Spidey fans would want at least those villains in their collection. However, there are many more that are deserving of the PF treatment. Spidey's Rogues gallery is HUGE.

Yeah, I also passed on new spidey pf, as the comi fits my display plans way better. What is more iconic than having Spiderman cling to a wall, with all of his fiercest enemies flanking both sides, plotting for the kill. Now with this sublime GG sculpt? Priceless. That's the game plan anyway. Again, just worried, that for some inexplicable reason, Sideshow may veer off course, & the pain & frustration return once again. Just hoping for logic & reason, nothing more.

Sets need to be completed. At the very least, the Sinister Six have to get released as PFs. All true Spidey fans would want at least those villains in their collection. However, there are many more that are deserving of the PF treatment. Spidey's Rogues gallery is HUGE.

I think everyone hopes that a line will be completed but more often than not it is not the case. Production factors, scheduling, etc. always get in the way.

Well I'm digging the look of GG. I never got the original, but I really feel Sideshow should be making new villains and not rehashing. Now there's the Venom rumor. I have him already. I want new stuff.

Back