Great Scott! Custom BTTF figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgrhoad

Super Freak
Reaction score
Upon seeing Spenser's great Marty and Doc Sculpts and seeing all the progress on everyone's kitbashes, I thought I would share my custom Back to the Future figures-past, present, AND future!

The project began over a year ago when I decided I wanted Marty and Doc in their classic 1985 outfits. The head sculpts are from Ada Chan and painted by GDB. Also big thanks go out to CAZAFANTASMA and Mr. Fusion for all their help getting this project off the ground.

115.jpg

Marty with "life preserver". While he also has suspenders under the jacket, he does not come with purple underwear!

113-1.jpg

Doc with "Devo suit." The tool belt and other hardware came from Ebay. And of course he needs the remote control for the Delorean.

114-1.jpg

After finishing these figures, I really wanted to finish the set (after all BTTF is a trilogy.) After CAZAFANTASMA finished his 2015 Marty jacket, customizing Marty was a snap. And of course he needs his hoverboard.

119.jpg

Doc uses mostly clothing recycled from discarded customs. It took a lot of dying to get the colors right. The hardest part was the clear tie...I ended up using part of a plastic freezer bag to get the right "feel" for how it should hang. The glasses were tricky too.

121.jpg

120.jpg

At this point, I was past the point of no return. 1885 Doc was no problem since western hats and coats are plentiful on Ebay. I knew I wanted to show him from the courthouse hanging scene so that I could recreate the winchester rifle with telescope attachment.

118.jpg

Marty was much harder. I finally decided to show him in the western outfit provided by 1955 Doc. Not only would he match my 1885 Doc, but the outfit was a lot more fun to make and stands out more. The shirt was custom made, the pants are from the MJ thriller figure, and he wears "Nee-kay" sneakers.

116.jpg

117.jpg

And of course, they need accessories. This was the real fun part of the project....

124.jpg

The only thing I need now is a 1/6 scale Delorean!

Amazing kgrhoad, thanks for sharing. Those figures will look even cooler with Spenser's new sculpts! Love that you have versions from each film...I'm hoping to somehow make 2010 and 1885 versions on top of the 1985 versions as well. Hope we have some talented folks here on the board willing to help out with the costuming/gear.

Love the last shot of all the accessories you have too. Those are all MUST-HAVE's...Marty's Valterra skateboard, the hoverboard, Doc's remote. MAN! Looking good!!!

Great stuff!

Did you get most of the accessories from eBay as well?
That Radio Control unit and the Hoverboard look spot on!

Great job man, the accessories are great and the outfit on the Western Marty looks particuarly good.

Last edited:
Everyones entitled to their opinion lol.
The figures are very nice, headsculpts are a bit off but like someone else said with the new sculpts these will be the dogs;)
Great accessories love the hoverboard and assorted bits.

No purple calvins shame on you:)

Honestly, my pictures do not do the head sculpts justice. GDB did a really great job painting the heads. I know not everyone likes Ada's sculpts, but I feel like these were two of her best and really capture the personality of Marty and Doc.

When I started this project over a year ago, Spenser had not even mentioned that he would EVER do Marty and Doc. Would I use Spenser's heads if I were starting this project over again? Maybe. But I am happy with the figures as they are. Again, they look better in person. Thanks GDB!

As for completion of accessories and the orangeness of Marty's jacket -look a little closer next time. Marty's driver's license is in his red wallet and his puffy vest is reddish orange - just like my picture. So what if I don't have Doc's Western Union letter? I guess you also noticed I don't have an Enchantment Under the Sea or re-elect Goldie Wilson poster either. Get over it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...but just plain rudeness is not necessary.

I personally think these figures are awesome, all of the accessories and clothing are amazing. The one thing I will critique is the Doc Brown sculpt, I think he looks a little too old. If you had a better sculpt for him that would take your figure to another level. Great work still. :clap

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...but just plain rudeness is not necessary.
Seriously. Dude has all of three posts, hasn't shown any of his own work (that I know of) and comes in here talking like he's got Hot Toys type skills. All while putting this guy down in the meanest way possible.

Upon seeing Spenser's great Marty and Doc Sculpts and seeing all the progress on everyone's kitbashes, I thought I would share my custom Back to the Future figures-past, present, AND future!

The project began over a year ago when I decided I wanted Marty and Doc in their classic 1985 outfits. The head sculpts are from Ada Chan and painted by GDB. Also big thanks go out to CAZAFANTASMA and Mr. Fusion for all their help getting this project off the ground.

115.jpg

Marty with "life preserver". While he also has suspenders under the jacket, he does not come with purple underwear!

113-1.jpg

Doc with "Devo suit." The tool belt and other hardware came from Ebay. And of course he needs the remote control for the Delorean.

114-1.jpg

After finishing these figures, I really wanted to finish the set (after all BTTF is a trilogy.) After CAZAFANTASMA finished his 2015 Marty jacket, customizing Marty was a snap. And of course he needs his hoverboard.

119.jpg

Doc uses mostly clothing recycled from discarded customs. It took a lot of dying to get the colors right. The hardest part was the clear tie...I ended up using part of a plastic freezer bag to get the right "feel" for how it should hang. The glasses were tricky too.

121.jpg

120.jpg

At this point, I was past the point of no return. 1885 Doc was no problem since western hats and coats are plentiful on Ebay. I knew I wanted to show him from the courthouse hanging scene so that I could recreate the winchester rifle with telescope attachment.

118.jpg

Marty was much harder. I finally decided to show him in the western outfit provided by 1955 Doc. Not only would he match my 1885 Doc, but the outfit was a lot more fun to make and stands out more. The shirt was custom made, the pants are from the MJ thriller figure, and he wears "Nee-kay" sneakers.

116.jpg

117.jpg

And of course, they need accessories. This was the real fun part of the project....

124.jpg

Seriously, I am honored, privileged, to have just been involved in this project. Those are gorgeous. Gorgeous! And are you kidding me with that accessory pack... that is just... insane!

When I got the Doc head in the mail, I never would have dreamed how good it could look! Yeah I thought my paint job was good, but you have really brought it to life! Brought all of those heads to life! Out of nothing but will and a vision you have brought those figures into being. Congratulations! Those are spectacular!

121.jpg

120.jpg

I love that teeny tiny newspaper! That's awesome!
Those are amazing figures. The sculpts are great and the paint job is fantastic! I can't imagine the time it took to get so much incredible detail with all those accessories! Great work, man! Truly inspired. :ccheerlea

I don't know about the 1/6 scale Delorean though... I've see the 1/6 Batmobile. You'll have to add a room onto your house for that!

Hey Mr Toyguy, who do you think you are to criticize those figure as flat and direct as you just did.
You are new here and you're already acting well....

Even if you don't like the figure, there is a way to tell the things.

I personnaly think he has done a good job.
Those outfit aren't difficult to replicate.

Let's see some of your stuff and let us act like you just did.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think these are the best best figures EVEEEEER! I love them! I personally would like to see a close up on doc's remote! How did you do it?

Sal

Sorry if I seemed dismissive of the work done here.

It's very easy to criticise and say this or thats better but to actually put all those accessories and figures together takes dedication and passion and just wanted to say congrats on the job:)

Back