Great Deal on MR Falcon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took some pics today! These are without flash used.
See where it looks like the blast marks have a single sweep of airbrush over it and it doesn't look like seperate marks?
Does this look like the paint job any of you have? How is it different/same?
Thanks, Tom

yippe kai yay MR Falcon

:rotfl

7 pages and no-one thought this was funny? I guess SW fans don't like Die Hard. Part 2. On TV. Badly dubbed.

Back on topic. The Falcon looks pretty good, but I do agree that it looks too airbrush-y for my taste. Nice pics, hobbitjedi.

The MR Falcon is undoubtedly one of the best SW collectibles on the market. Getting it for under a $1000 is just another bonus.

This is the one piece in my collection that I can look at on a daily basis and will never grow tired of, the details are that good.

I have heard that there is some variation in the paint job, with some looking darker than others. But I don't think it's a big deal. I think yours looks fine, hobbitjedi.

In any case, it's not like you have much choice.

The battle damage is a bit heavier on yours HJ, but not too bad.

By the way, I'm interested to see pictures of the snowspeeder. I eventually want to get one of those and an AT-AT.

I will post pictures of the Snowspeeder when it gets here on Friday. I need to get the AT-AT now and they Y-Wing and save up for the efx X-Wing.

Not too bad, the hardest part is getting the inner boxes all out. Once you have the base up the Falcon really isn't that heavy and you can use the mirrored base to guide it onto the post. Just be careful when angling it down, it doesn't go straight on.
What do you mean by straight on? Just wanting to know if I can do something that will make it easier on me.

How much would you say the base and the Falcon weigh.

I cant wait to get home today. Not only did the Falcon come but so did the table for me to put it on.

The falcon sits on its base at an angle, so don't expect the rod to go straight up into the body of the model. I would say the model and base are around 40 to 50 pounds maybe? Just a guess.

The base isn't heavy, probably only around 20 lbs. The Falcon itself is about 50-60 lbs, but if you hold it on the sides it isn't too hard to maneuver. Icruise is right, it doesn't slide down the peg straight but at an angle.

:google:google:google:google:google

It's here, and I managed to do it myself ---- AND without breakage! By far, and easily THE SINGLE greatest Star Wars collectible I have, nothing comes close.

:bow :bow :bow

I feel the exact same way. I've wanted so much less ever since I got mine a few months ago, nothing can compare. Glad I got the AT-AT V2 and Snowspeeder before the Falcon.

Well I got it unpacked but for some reason the lights arent working. Im wondering if Im making good contact on the base or not. Anyone else have this problem. I didnt plan to use the lights but it would be nice if they worked.

Well I got it unpacked but for some reason the lights arent working. Im wondering if Im making good contact on the base or not. Anyone else have this problem. I didnt plan to use the lights but it would be nice if they worked.

Did you try pounding on the bulkhead? I think that's what Han usually does.

Sorry, I'm no help. :eek:

Pics!

MillenniumFalcon08002.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08004.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08006.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08009.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08010.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08011.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08012.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08016.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08007.jpg

MillenniumFalcon08018.jpg

Sweet pics!!! I wish I could justify the purchase of this piece.

Matt, you said that the ship itself weighs close to 60 lbs?! What is causing it to be so heavy? Is it the materials or perhaps the framework?

I think 60 pounds is overstating it a bit. I was easily able to pick it up and put on the base by myself, and I'm not sure I could do that if it was really that heavy. That said, it does feel heavier than you would expect. I don't know why that is, but it's not just made of plastic or something. It seems to be make of some kind of heavy polystone-like material with a metal framework. At least that's my guess.

Matt, you said that the ship itself weighs close to 60 lbs?! What is causing it to be so heavy? Is it the materials or perhaps the framework?

It has an interior armature made of metal, and maybe it is under 60 lbs, but certainly about 40 I would think.

Go Vader go! :chew

Jason, you did remember to put the spring over the post first before lowering the Falcon, right? That might be causing the lack of connection.

:confused:

Back