Great Deal on MR Falcon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to me, I would rather have the Falcon a couple feet off of the ground on a speaker stand than a few inches off the base on a table, ya know?
The higher it is off the ground or even the absense of a base, to me, creates a more realistic idea of it "flying". I'll see if I can find a pic of the stand I'm thinking about. It was on the RPF Forum.

So you wouldn't use the base at all?

One guy mounted his on the wall er more off the wall. One on the speaker box and had a bent rod so it looks like it was flying level. There's also a group hoping to make landing gear to stand it up on.

My personal fav are they guys who are confident enough in their modeling skills and they repaint the thing. Personally, I'm happy with how mine looks, but that is always an option.

One minor gripe I have with the thing is that it's so damn heavy. I was hoping to fly it through the house!

I'd like to see those pictures if you can find them. Of course, you wouldn't be able to use the lights without the base unless you custom wired some way to power them.

Im thinking hard about getting the Snowspeeder for $400. Is that a good deal. I also would like to get the At-At one day so it would go great with it.

$400 is a good price for the speeder :cool:

The at-at on the other hand...that will be in the 1K range.

I did go ahead and grab the Snowspeeder as well.

Im hoping to find a decent deal on the AT-AT and the Y-Wing to try and get them for under a 1000 each if possible. I will then have to get the new efx X-Wing. I collect all of the Sideshow line except lifesize busts and also the GG busts statues and animated maquettes as well as the MR mini sabers and helmets. The only thing Im lacking is cool high end ships and this line definitely takes care of that.

I did go ahead and grab the Snowspeeder as well.

Im hoping to find a decent deal on the AT-AT and the Y-Wing to try and get them for under a 1000 each if possible. I will then have to get the new efx X-Wing. I collect all of the Sideshow line except lifesize busts and also the GG busts statues and animated maquettes as well as the MR mini sabers and helmets. The only thing Im lacking is cool high end ships and this line definitely takes care of that.

Congrats on the speeder!

Look on ebaY from time to time...sometimes sellers put the Y-wing or AT-AT up for a low buy it now price. Good luck on the hunt!

I saw the EFX X-wing at comic con...its gorgeous! I ended up getting the ICONS x-wing...I love the base on that thing. All I need now is the ICONS tie fighter!

Congrats on the speeder!

Look on ebaY from time to time...sometimes sellers put the Y-wing or AT-AT up for a low buy it now price. Good luck on the hunt!

I saw the EFX X-wing at comic con...its gorgeous! I ended up getting the ICONS x-wing...I love the base on that thing. All I need now is the ICONS tie fighter!

How much do those go for now. I remember when they were solicited on one of the home shopping network shows years ago.

I got an at at snow base for £500 a couple months ago, and got one a couple of years ago on auction for the same amount, was the only bidder (but had to sell it first time as didnt have room to display it) I have teh Snowspeeder on the way at the moment as well, but not sure if ill keep it! If you want a cool x wing I reccomend the Code 3 one, its the coolest of all that iv seen, and also the sig edition code 3 tie fighter with death star base is fantastic!!!

How much do those go for now. I remember when they were solicited on one of the home shopping network shows years ago.

They aren't cheap!

There's an x-wing on ebay atm...the seller has it listed for $3800 obo.
The last tie fighter went for about $1800 I think.

:google:google:google:google:google

It's here, and I managed to do it myself ---- AND without breakage! By far, and easily THE SINGLE greatest Star Wars collectible I have, nothing comes close.

:bow :bow :bow

Congratulations to all! Mine came yesterday. It is certainly awesome!

Only two left at Redford at this price as of this evening. If you're on the fence, now is the time to jump off!!!

I got mine yesterday too!
How is the paintjob on yours? Mine looks a little dark. Especially on the blast marks. On the top behind the radar dish where it has the seperate blast holes, it looks like it is one single sweep of airbrush rather than serperate spots. Is this typical of the paintjobs or an exception? I will post pics later, can anyone else chime in on this? Or better yet post pics of their own? Awesome piece tho!

My Falcon should be here today and the Snowspeeder on Friday. I dont want to try this my self so Im going to have to ask someone to help me move it.

How hard was it to do it yourself.

Mine is now out for delivery. I wonder if UPS will do what they normally do and make me their last stop it seems like. This box is huge so maybe they will want to get rid of it early.

Last edited:
My Falcon should be here today and the Snowspeeder on Friday. I dont want to try this my self so Im going to have to ask someone to help me move it.

How hard was it to do it yourself.

Mine is now out for delivery. I wonder if UPS will do what they normally do and make me their last stop it seems like. This box is huge so maybe they will want to get rid of it early.

Not too bad, the hardest part is getting the inner boxes all out. Once you have the base up the Falcon really isn't that heavy and you can use the mirrored base to guide it onto the post. Just be careful when angling it down, it doesn't go straight on.

Back