GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't get it, why hate on something that you won't buy? Obviously you are not the target market.

Not everyone is well educated or well verse in toys like you guys, and most might not even know there is a first version.

With the simplified packaging and contents it's obviously targeted at casual fans who might pick it up as a novelty item.

So what gives?

I still don't get it, why hate on something that you won't buy? Obviously you are not the target market.

Not everyone is well educated or well verse in toys like you guys, and most might not even know there is a first version.

With the simplified packaging and contents it's obviously targeted at casual fans who might pick it up as a novelty item.

So what gives?

It's not like it's that much cheaper. The original with a lot more accessories was $50 more. $140 for a figure is still not for the casual audience at all. Even if the thing was like $80, that's not something a casual person would just drop for at toy unless they're a collector. I don't think people are hating on it as much as they are confused as to why they would even make it, the first release isn't long sold out or super hard to find.

So what gives?

hate? wtf are you talking about. :cuckoo:

i already have the first version. im just looking for this light version on the cheap side so i get to have groot without the ravager suit.
those "simplified" cardboard speakers can go to the bin...just like every other hot toys figure's box i open. :lol

c03d7b12c57c9c41302dbfcdb400c175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish this light version was put up for preorder at the same time as the original, as it would've saved me a bit of money given that I bought two.

As I've currently got them both displayed with and without his Ravager outfit.

I wish this light version was put up for preorder at the same time as the original, as it would've saved me a bit of money given that I bought two.

As I've currently got them both displayed with and without his Ravager outfit.

You could probably sell the extra costume and faceplates to make back some money, there aren’t too many people parting the figure on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates on the re-released version and who will be selling it? I have family that will be in the states for the next two months, keen for them to pick it up (preferably if it hits a sale price).

Any updates on the re-released version and who will be selling it? I have family that will be in the states for the next two months, keen for them to pick it up (preferably if it hits a sale price).

Actual brick and mortar or online? If brick and mortar then you're going to have to check out comic shops in the area they are staying and see if they are an HT (Sideshow) dealer. If they are then they might have it , although most around me get 1 or 2 for the shop and the rest are for customer orders. Definitely not going to just find it out in the wild. If you want them to order and get shipped to them while there then I'd try Timewalker.

Actual brick and mortar or online? If brick and mortar then you're going to have to check out comic shops in the area they are staying and see if they are an HT (Sideshow) dealer. If they are then they might have it , although most around me get 1 or 2 for the shop and the rest are for customer orders. Definitely not going to just find it out in the wild. If you want them to order and get shipped to them while there then I'd try Timewalker.

Thanks, thought it may have been easy to find in brick and mortar at shops like Hot Topic given the packaging and lower price point. In that case I'll just wait for a sale to pick up the first version with the extras as it doesn't look like selling out anytime soon.

Great shots Auel. I've got him holding a glue stick, that's all i could find on my desk at the time. But this looks great ! I think I might need to change the pose up. So many possibilities.

There are some great pics in this thread, also when he just came out.

As you say so photogenic !

Great shots Auel. I've got him holding a glue stick, that's all i could find on my desk at the time. But this looks great ! I think I might need to change the pose up. So many possibilities.

There are some great pics in this thread, also when he just came out.

As you say so photogenic !

Been contemplating about getting him so I went through the thread before jumping on :lol

I have never been so glad on a purchase like this one, so many possibilities!

Awesome photos Auel! :clap :rock

Thank you!! :hi5:

Yep totally agree. Many figures look awesome, but they are most often best in a display. This guy can fit anywhere around the house.

my baby Groot arrived yesterday, cant wait to take some pictures of him. I was wondering tho, is there a place or something where I could pick up different hand gestures?

Back