GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to get lightroom and messed around a bit. To me this looks like it fits in the GotG style very well.
Iron Man Head-045.jpg

Looks like either they had a lot of stock left they needed to move, or, it almost looks like that's packaged for retail shelves....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yep, looks like a product filler to get one last shot at Baby Groot before teenage Groot takes over ! I guess they'll also use IW hype to sell this guy a bit as well.

To be honest when I saw this I thought if they have added a screaming sculpt to this I will go mad !

Glad I got the original with suit. So cool !

I wonder if it’ll be cheaper? I’d buy it, if that was the case. It does seem like a missed opportunity, though. They could’ve added some new faceplates and enticed more people to buy it.

My thoughts on this figure. Interested to see the pricepoint and how much cheaper is suitable.

No way. People would be pissed if they added new, better stuff that you had to buy a whole new groot to get.

I do think HT could make a killing if they every decided to start just offering extra head sculpts/alternate outfits /accessories a la cart.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah this was really surprising. It's announced like 3 months after the release of the first one and comes with nothing but ****** fake speakers?

Love the one foot on ground pose. Hoping for 50 usd cheaper :p then I will get it. But if I had the 1st version I wouldn't.

The Double Dipping money they could've made on this had Hot Toys included an Angry sculpt.

Coming with zero other accessories...it's got to be at least $140 or something right? I don't see them dumping it lower than that even though like $100 would generate a ton of sales. How much are the additional faces, hands, and the suit worth to Hot Toys?

It really does look like it was designed for a retail store. (Hot Topic :confused:) Also since when do they promote the product box? unless its one of those 'upcoming release' group pics

Back