GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So SS has the "Dancing Groot" up for $143. I don't really see the benefit to this one when you can still get the deluxe with two additional face plates, stand, stretching hands and awesome Ravagers outfit for only $47 more.

So SS has the "Dancing Groot" up for $143. I don't really see the benefit to this one when you can still get the deluxe with two additional face plates, stand, stretching hands and awesome Ravagers outfit for only $47 more.

Yeah while that one is still available it doesn't make sense. That's the price range I expected though. Maybe that's the price level for impulse buys from HT collectors haha.

Horrible deal. If you’re spending the money, why not spend the extra bucks to get everything.

Yeah while that one is still available it doesn't make sense. That's the price range I expected though. Maybe that's the price level for impulse buys from HT collectors haha.

And the previous one can do the same poses as the new one, right?

Hot Toys should have add additional emotional faces to persuade collectors to purchase this set..

Instead of cheap speakers..add the following Emotions

Angry/Psst Off Expression
Sad Emotions
Sleepy/Yawning Face..
Crying with Tear Face

To provide more character emotions to the figure..

I bet that would be a worthy upgrade for this character...

Hot Toys should have add additional emotional faces to persuade collectors to purchase this set..

Sad Emotions
Sleepy/Yawning Face..
Crying with Tear Face

Wish they would do a "face" extension pack. Add a finger and few other things. They would sell great I think. Someone was working on an angry face sculpt for this. Haven't heard much on it recently though.

Love the idea of this light version because I wanted 2 and now I don't have to fork out the extra cash on a second first release version. The Ravenger outfit would just sit in the box with one of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sad Emotions
Sleepy/Yawning Face..
Crying with Tear Face

If they added a few other faces, I would be suckered in to buy another version too. Indeed a worthy upgrade.

Love the idea of this light version because I wanted 2 and now I don't have to fork out the extra cash on a second first release version. The Ravenger outfit would just sit in the box with one of them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's literally the only example I can think of where the release makes sense. Did anyone else put this up for preorder in the US besides Sideshow? BBTS doesn't have it listed, thought that was interesting. They are sold out on the first release.

I too find the new repack without all the accessories and the new (fake) speakers an odd choice. I'm glad I got the regular release with the Ravagers suit and extras. This almost seems like it's geared towards people who haven't bought anything from Hot Toys before. I might get this for my sister who loves Guardians and Baby Groot, but wouldn't care to switch out faces or an outfit or a display stand, etc. This is certainly more up her alley, so it makes me think that's the demo they're going for, tho she'd never spend $140 on this. Kinda hoping it won't sell, and will drop in price. If it gets to like $130 or less I'll grab it for my sister in a heartbeat.

https://i.imgur.com/e18dsWI.jpg

I'm sure the first one was probably a good seller and they want to capitalise on the IW hype. It's probably also a good way to potentially entice casual collectors towards the more expensive Hot Toys range.

Just business I guess....

I too find the new repack without all the accessories and the new (fake) speakers an odd choice. I'm glad I got the regular release with the Ravagers suit and extras. This almost seems like it's geared towards people who haven't bought anything from Hot Toys before. I might get this for my sister who loves Guardians and Baby Groot, but wouldn't care to switch out faces or an outfit or a display stand, etc. This is certainly more up her alley, so it makes me think that's the demo they're going for, tho she'd never spend $140 on this. Kinda hoping it won't sell, and will drop in price. If it gets to like $130 or less I'll grab it for my sister in a heartbeat.

https://i.imgur.com/e18dsWI.jpg

I feel like you'll be able to get it cheaper than $140. Especially through eBay with some good coupons. It seems like a smaller/lighter package than typical. I bet if Chinese sellers remove the stuff from the package they can send it in a shoebox size package or smaller and save on shipping.

I feel like you'll be able to get it cheaper than $140. Especially through eBay with some good coupons. It seems like a smaller/lighter package than typical. I bet if Chinese sellers remove the stuff from the package they can send it in a shoebox size package or smaller and save on shipping.

You're right, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I'm sure Toy Anxiety will get in the accessories and piece those out as well. That 20% off spring coupon from ebay last month was awesome.

29064473_10155576687738565_1270383732459843755_o.jpg

Damn, where's that Audrey II from?

Back