Got Jabba (with or without accesories)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bluesparrow said:
Did you guys see the dimensions on the throne? 20lbs. Thing's enormous. Worth $200, especially with flexpay.

Good, then its a toy my wife can't easily pick up and throw at me when she finds out how much it was.

Ordered all three. And this will absolutely be the centerpiece of my collection, as Jabba's palace remains one of my favorite scenes from all six films. Oddly enough, when I was 6 or 7, I used to watch ROTJ on HBO constantly, but usually only up until the end of the Jabba half of the film. I was just absolutely fascinated by all the unique creatures in his palace.

Now if only I can keep my fiancee thinking that the whole Jabba set was only a little over $100.... :monkey3 :monkey2

This set has definately pushed the issue of what I am collecting from this point on!! :monkey2

Use to collect othe toys..not anymore.. just SS stuff from now on and out of all the SS stuff I would be collecting I have narrowed it down to 3.

12"
The Dead (everything) :D
Starwars (Jedi,Sith,Scum,empirial)
LOTR (Aragon) I have legolos and Boromir... but trying to justify if I actually need these! :monkey2

I bit the bullet and ordered the lot a few minutes ago with no problems :D . I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for it yet but I've plenty of time until it ships which is also handy because I'll have to do some serious rearranging of my various collections to accomodate Jabba and co not to mention the PF Boba Fett and some stuff may end up being ebayed. I think the Flex Pay option on the Throne Environment makes the price a bit more palatable though I think a package deal (with Flex Pay option) for those that want all the figures/accessories/environment should be offered for any future sets that Sideshow choose to do. As for the throne,does anyone know what it's made of as the package weighs 20lbs!!

I got Jabba and Crumb... still not sure about the throne... the flex pay is a good option so I may have to cave and get it as well.

I would love this to do well, so that we see other figures like this - I now dream of a 1:6 Wampa:monkey5

If this kicks butt, it opens up a new world of 12" Star Wars collecting.

Last edited:
I think it's time for some hi-res love. I want to see every nook and cranny. If the production version gets screwed up, I think I'll cry. The thought of trying to repaint him makes me shudder with horror. That proto is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I can't get enough info on him. I think I've downloaded every pic ever taken onto my i-pod. Even seeing Wor-Gars sig gives me a thrill.

Just got the entire set. Whew---if they continue with these "to scale" giants, I'll need to move into a 3-4 bedroom apartment just to have a couple of rooms for displaying collections. :google

Paul

My ex was kind enough to order Jabba and his throne for me. Not sure if I'll keep Jabba from SS or try and get him cheaper from a retailer. I don't know that I'd ever display him with that glass. Now I need to go order the creature pack.

I ordered all three.... Had to do it.. Like Mikey said they are perfect. I do wish it could have been purchased as a set with a small discount, but whatever. I'll just be happy to have it on the shelf.

I had to cancel a bit of random crap to make room though. Sacrifices to the almighty Jabba..... :bow :bow :bow

Darth Loki said:
My ex was kind enough to order Jabba and his throne for me. Not sure if I'll keep Jabba from SS or try and get him cheaper from a retailer. I don't know that I'd ever display him with that glass. Now I need to go order the creature pack.

I doubt I'd pose him with it in his hand, but it'll probably make it's way onto the throne. I like where it is in the SDCC pics, under the pipe and a little to the side-like.

I'll put a magnet underneath the shelf above Jabba's head, so Wol of the poseable tongue can go there.

I might do the same for the mynock. Side of the shelf, next to Han.

I want you Jabba... I WANT YOU NOW!

RA1W0746.jpg

Bought it all! and will continue to buy any and all SSC Star Wars 1/6th and PF figures and accessories. Thanks Hasbro, for giving Sideshow the rights to the 12 inch line!

Wor-Gar said:
I want you Jabba... I WANT YOU NOW!

RA1W0746.jpg

The more I think about this piece, the more I think I'm going to pass. It's a great sculpt, but I just don't know if I'm completely sold on her. I imagine SS will at some point make a Slave Leia to go with the Jabba enviroment and I'd much rather have that than the GG piece.

I'm all in on Jabba... you really can't leave off any of these pieces. The price is staggering, and definitely the most I've ever dropped on one "set", but I have spent more in one month so I guess it will be okay...

I'll pick up Bib, just because Jabba needs his ambiguously sexed yes-person. But I think Boush is a pass, I'll wait for an ESB version of Leia.

Got all three. Cashing in a week of vacation for him. Plan on getting both Bib and Boussh. Can't wait till next year. :chew

galactiboy said:
I'm all in on Jabba... you really can't leave off any of these pieces. The price is staggering, and definitely the most I've ever dropped on one "set", but I have spent more in one month so I guess it will be okay...

I'll pick up Bib, just because Jabba needs his ambiguously sexed yes-person. But I think Boush is a pass, I'll wait for an ESB version of Leia.
I could be completely wrong, but didn't you originally say you were only going to collect the "final" incarnations of each character from the saga? Did SS make you change your mind? :D

It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about... I was like, I don't think there was any Jabba post ROTJ? :lol

But anyway, not just final, but somewhat definitive... I think the scene in ESB where Leia is blasting Stormtroopers is kind of her pinnacle (for me). And the same goes for Han througout ESB is when he seems to shine the most. Although with some (very few) characters I could see getting repeats such as an ANH and Bespin Luke. But a Boush Leia just isn't as important to me. BOf course this Jabba would be the definitive one for me... I didn't like his addition in TPM and ANH.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yep, that would have been a very cool guesture towards the die hard fans.

I know they won't do this but I think and wish Sideshow would give us who ordered all 3 items (Jabba, the Throne and Crumb) some kind of rebate off "Bib" & "Boushh". Like half off each making it kind of like two for one.

If you add both these figures ("Bib" & "Boushh") to the price of the complete "Jabba" set (Jabba, the Throne and Crumb). For me, after the exchange rate and customs factor in... Im looking at a price tag that is very close to $700.00 CAN.

Giving a rebate off "Bib" & "Boushh" to those who pre-ordered the entire "Jabba" set would not be out of line or unheard of and would greatly help (not to mention that it would be greatly appreciated)!

But it will never happen.

:emperor

Back