Goliath's collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had a lot of time to update my homepage lately, but here are some pictures of my latest additions:

updatejuly06_1.JPG

I also didn't have a lot of time to work on my display - and I'm running out of space, too. So that's why with my new UC swords the LotR display room is getting *just a little* crammed:

updatejuly06_3.jpg
updatejuly06_4.jpg

Also I have acquired these (with no place yet to display them :eek: )

updatejuly06_5.JPG

And these mini Kongs:

updatejuly06_6.JPG

I hope one day I'll manage to have it all properly displayed... still dreaming of that great big glass cabinet for ALL my LotR stuff :cool:

:monkey5 Hey Goliath.
Love the showroom with the beautiful pieces of art.
Which one piece is your utmost favourite???
Tough choice, I guess....

amonhen said:
Which one piece is your utmost favourite???
Tough choice, I guess....

Tough choice, indeed... If I would have to decide to keep just one piece, it would probably be Gandalf the White on Shadowfax.

But I hope I'll never be forced to make that decision :horror

Beautiful Collection Goliath, and very tastefully displayed... I also like how you have the pieces flanked by the weapons, very nice!

Hey Goliath,:lol

Pleased about your answer:

'Tough choice, indeed... If I would have to decide to keep just one piece, it would probably be Gandalf the White on Shadowfax.'

That's one piece I do have as well!:gandalf_w

Nice collection!

If there's an IKEA nearby, you can get some nice glass display cases for very cheap. I have one myself and plan to get a few more, once my collection increases.

Boba Fett said:
If there's an IKEA nearby, you can get some nice glass display cases for very cheap. I have one myself.

Well, these are Nartorps from Ikea, as far as I know the biggest display cases they make (or made, since the ayre no longer available and the Detolf would be the biggest now. :confused: What is the name and dimensions of the one you have?

I know that you can make a display with Billy or whatnot and add glass shelfves, but I am looking for something completely glass with as less frame interfering with the view as possible - like a big cabinet that you would find at a jeweler, about 10 feet wide, 6 feet high and about 18 inches deep.

Well, the one I have is exactly the same display case as this one from Sarlacc's collection:

P1010306.JPG

I found these at IKEA. I don't know the name of it offhand, unfortunately.

Boba Fett said:
Well, the one I have is exactly the same display case as this one from Sarlacc's collection:

P1010306.JPG

I found these at IKEA. I don't know the name of it offhand, unfortunately.

Yup, these are Detolfs, they are smaller than mine, and the shelves are not adjustable, unfortunately. Statues like Sauron, Galadhrim, Witchking, Theoden, Gandalfax, Aragorn, Morgul Lord etc. don't fit because of their height.

Its too bad they don't make the shelves you have anymore. I'm probably going to buy 2 detolfs (sp?) for my figures, but it looks like yours would fit a lot more stuff :monkey3

Not much happening over here, only a Ringwraith is haunting Arwen now down in the living room:

Sammlung_0005.jpg

I've not been in a photographing mood lately, have to update the pictures on my homepage with more recent ones - but it probably won't be until my Christmas break - I'm off to military service now :eek:

Hey Goliath,
Militairy Service??????????Sounds scary!
Is this your normal job or.............is it compulsory conscription???
May you travel safely.
:confused:

amonhen said:
Hey Goliath,
Militairy Service??????????Sounds scary!
Is this your normal job or.............is it compulsory conscription???
May you travel safely.
:confused:

It is not as scary as it sounds.

In Switzerland, we have a milita army, and service is compulsory.

You have to serve for a first period of 15 weeks at the age of 20, and then again every year for another 3 weeks until you have served the amount of days requested.

I have only one week left now, but I'm feeling very tired, getting old...:eek:

goliath said:
It is not as scary as it sounds.

In Switzerland, we have a milita army, and service is compulsory.

You have to serve for a first period of 15 weeks at the age of 20, and then again every year for another 3 weeks until you have served the amount of days requested.

I have only one week left now, but I'm feeling very tired, getting old...:eek:

Hey Goliath

we also have military service for 5 to 11 months in Turkey. I already completed and wish you patience as I know it sux :eek:

BTW, how long in total yours ?

gambit said:
Hey Goliath

we also have military service for 5 to 11 months in Turkey. I already completed and wish you patience as I know it sux :eek:

BTW, how long in total yours ?

I will have served a total of 9 months when I'll be done in two years. But depending on the rank you have, it can be longer.

We also have these things...

Did my try-out about a month ago... so in the end of november I'll know if I'm gonna spend like 8 months on this or not...

Back