Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only it was like the trailer... Then we would have had a perfect Godzilla movie.

Same thing I keep saying . That was a perfect trailer for a reboot Godzilla. I wanted him to be the main monster with smaller monsters thrown in for the humans to deal with

So I finally got to watch this movie last night on HBOMax. From the trailers, and after the last movie KOTM, I had pretty low expectations for this.

But, damn, I didn't think it could actually be worse than KOTM. This was down right awful and almost hard to watch at points. I don't even know where to begin...:lol

It was pretty much Kong's movie. He should've got top billing, Kong vs Godzilla. Of course the battles were pretty cool (other than seeing Godzilla sprinting) and lots of eye candy, but the plot was soooo bad and sooo predictable. We got 2 comic relief characters, conspiracy guy and Firefist. Along with Seven, these 3 people were pretty pointless other than throwing some alcohol on a control panel at the end of the movie. And we had Sevens dad in it again. Why were any of these people even in the movie?? So it related back to KOTM?? They could be edited out and the story wouldn't even change one bit. But the worst and most useless by far was Hot Girl, Bad guys daughter. She shows up looking all hot for the nerds/horny teen boys, acts like she's badass, says some dumb things, then dies. I think that was the most satisfying part of the movie for me. Watching her young hot dumbass explode..:rotfl

The 1st sea battle scene was laughable. All it did was show how dumb the military is. Throw the monkey on a boat, avoid the areas normally traversed by big G, but have no plan if he shows up. Just panic and eventually let the smart female scientist finally hit a button to release Kong. Although, hot girl probably had the only funny line in the movie with her "Dump The Monkey". I can't even use any characters names from this movie. I don't even remember any.

Well, whatever. This is what these movies are meant to be I guess.. I loved the start with Godzilla '14 and I liked Skull Island. But these 2 monster fight movies are pretty bad. And I loved Godzilla growing up and have watched pretty much every movie except Shin Godzilla. I didn't expect much, but sheesh... :slap.

Well Gfans, enjoy this while you can, cause this may be the last. Don't even know where they could go story wise after this...

:duff

The crazy part is that this awful movie might be the most successful of the bunch so we are probably going to see more maybe not in cinema but on HBO max so whatever i?m hoping for a new direction maybe even a new Godzilla design i?m getting tired of this one already.

As much as I love G2000/G14 hunched over design I hope they give us a Heisei vertical posture Godzilla next. I just want to see improvements across the board this was not an improvement just because they didn’t cut away from the battles.

KOTM is my favorite of this series and that?s not a positive lol

But your review is spot on it truly is as bad as you described it good job lol

Just god awful sheesh

Dump the Monsterverse is more like it

Can you imagine having a hot chick like that in the sack with you and she says dump the monkey holy crap that would be so awesome lol

While this was bad, I still look forward to more Godzilla movies...

:rotfl

My younger self misses Monster Week on TV (coming home after school and getting to watch a Godzilla movie every day all week.. :yess:) and the glorious Thanksgiving day marathons before the dark times. Before Football ruled the day. While I enjoy football, we didn't need to watch games all day on Thanksgiving. Much more fun watching Kong, then Godzilla and his buddies battle it out.... Those were the days..:(

https://ericrobertnolan.com/2017/11/23/throwback-thursday-more-of-the-wor-9-thanksgiving-monster-movie-marathon/

Well I for one am glad I enjoyed it more then some of my fellow freaks.

As for monster fights this is more than I could have imagined. My childhood says Thank you.

Ever since the days of a possible American Godzilla movie it was been nothing but disappointment after disappointment.

The Stan Winston design being abandoned

The 98 Godzilla film - Still the great let down of all time for me. No film comes close.. Well Endgame is a little close with how it treated Hulk but at least the rest of the film was decent

Godzilla 14 - That trailer.. OMG that Trailer.. The cover of empire Magazine with G fighting the military... The promise of the most Epic G movie ever.. Nope.. A decent film with great visuals and scale but ultimately a total bore.

G:KOTM - Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra , and KG all in a huge Hollywood blockbuster together.. No way.. This is my inner most fantasy come true.. But the final product was again only OK. A few cool moments but the mom in that story was awful and just stupid.. The monster fights were unmemorable and not well shot.. Other then G turning into Burning G there is no moment that I can recall in that fight and i have watched those scenes at least 6 or 7 times.

GvK - Bad human story but the promise of GvK was delivered. First time I left an American Godzilla product not feeling let down. All the fights were just about perfect.. Though there was some Toho cheese in there for sure that felt a bit out of place. Godzilla was more the villain and that is how it should be.

And lets face it.. Finally the outcome of the fight

Godzilla just completely wrecking Kong.. I mean he almost killed him the first time and would have if not for the humans and he basically did kill him the 2nd time. ****ing perfect.. Godzilla finally going Rage mode on Kong at the end, tearing away at him and finally stomping that foot on him.. And then Kong even basically bowing by dropping that Axe.. Respect was given to the true King of the Monsters.

MG was all bonus and gave Kong a time to shine. Design could have been better but in motion I liked it.

Going to watch this again tonight or tomorrow.

The Stan Winston design being abandoned

Huh... Never knew that existed and I have a friend who's a huge Godzilla fanatic above all else.

Pretty cool looking design. So close to the original...

Winston Godzilla.jpg

I enjoyed it. The whole hidden world plot reminded me of sci-fi adventure movies I used to watch as a kid. Enjoyed this more than the previous Godzilla movies, on par with Skull Island.

If it gets released on 3D blu, I'll definitely buy it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I enjoyed it. The whole hidden world plot reminded me of sci-fi adventure movies I used to watch as a kid. Enjoyed this more than the previous Godzilla movies, on par with Skull Island.

If it gets released on 3D blu, I'll definitely buy it.

200.gif

More than Jaws 3D... more than Crystal Skull... more than Last Jedi....???

:lol :lol :lol

JAWS is perpetually disappointed lol

I'm more easily entertained lately.

So am I that is why I’m completely baffled why I felt this movie was a huge waste of time.

I always believed that large amounts of destruction would make any modern Godzilla movie a thing of perfection no human story required.

I was wrong lol

So am I that is why I?m completely baffled why I felt this movie was a huge waste of time.

I always believed that large amounts of destruction would make any modern Godzilla movie a thing of perfection no human story required.

I was wrong lol
You have expectations, that is why you fail(ed to enjoy the movie)

So what's next for this franchise? Is there a new enemy on the way? Is Kong now King Kong, kind of like how Macho Man Randy Savage became the Macho King? If so, are King Kong and Godzilla the new Megapowers?

Back