Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I look forward to watching this again this weekend.

Ah jaws . Always the voice of reason. Thank you buddy. I?m content with a fight I could actually freaking see. And a brutal fight at that. Best movie in the monsterverse by far. I could care less about the humans but I loved the monsters. Damn now I need those sh figuarts.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What happened to the asian mothra twins story!

What happened to all the monsters that bow down to Godzilla in just the last movie JUST THE LAST MOVIE they are all gone :rotfl

They rebooted already lol

Where did all this future tech come from!

MG and conspiracy plot was embarrassing to watch play out holy crap it was direct to dvd bad worse humans in this WB series.

The battles MEANT NOTHING it was like watching a different Godzilla the negatives of his lizard bird design was amplified in this he looked ridiculous running fast lol

Super boring movie holy crap watching that deaf girl plot slowed this movie down hard very boring uninspired slow opening slow everything involving that girl lol!

Ughh

ZzzZzz

Last edited:
Ah jaws . Always the voice of reason. Thank you buddy. I?m content with a fight I could actually freaking see. And a brutal fight at that. Best movie in the monsterverse by far. I could care less about the humans but I loved the monsters. Damn now I need those sh figuarts.

I have the Kong on order and eagerly await them to announce a figure of
Spoiler Spoiler:
I don't like the blue mouth on the Godzilla, but I've been thinking about getting it and just touching up the mouth with a little paint since the spines and eyes look good and are film accurate.

What happened to all the monsters that bow down to Godzilla in just the last movie JUST THE LAST MOVIE they are all gone :rotfl

Two reasons, one is that the director has flat our said, he wanted the main focus to be on Kong and Godzilla and didn't want to take away from that by squeezing everyone in.

The second thing is that in the credits, they have articles indicating Godzilla basically goes around scaring all other titans into chilling out and staying in their own respective corners of the world not bothering anyone, so for them to be a non-factor here is consistent with that.

To be fair.. This was supposed to be a monsterverse.. Was Iron Man in all the Marvel movies?

:lol

I cant argue with you there

The tone and feel from G14 to GvK is like Ft13th part 1 and Jason X :lol

MG and conspiracy plot was embarrassing to watch play out holy crap it was direct to dvd bad worse humans in this WB series.

Sometimes you just got to let it go.. :)

The battles MEANT NOTHING it was like watching a different Godzilla the negatives of his lizard bird design was amplified in this he looked ridiculous running fast lol

Nope. Sorry... You are wrong hear.. Its scientific fact that those fight scenes were great.

Super boring movie holy crap watching that deaf girl plot slowed this movie down hard very boring uninspired slow opening slow everything involving that girl lol!

Ughh

No more boring then the other two.. and this one had a true payoff by giving us what we wanted.

Deaf girl was far more interesting than Cyborg in JL :lol

You will like it the next time you watch it :lol

Yes I liked it the best fo sure. G14 is the better made movie. But this was leaps and bounds better than KOTM. I remember leaving KOTM disappointed. I enjoyed it but was left feeling like we would never see what was meant to be seen in a big budget G film.

GvK delivered almost 100%

Only thing really lacking is a true Monster rampage in a city and the Military trying to fight it off.

GvK had a city to be destroyed but it was not the focus..

But my 5yr old self is so thankful for this film :)

Ughh

ZzzZzz

I..... but you like rey and her boring friends. The deaf girl was the straw? I don?t understand some of you guys taste in movies. Lol

I..... but you like rey and her boring friends. The deaf girl was the straw? I don?t understand some of you guys taste in movies. Lol

Oh now now.. Rey and her boring friends were far better written characters than what we got in these monsterverse films.

Man if we could get some ST type characters in the monsterverse films you could have a perfect movie.

Dont get me wrong I am not saying that the ST is the end all be all of characters... But to get just that much quality in a monsterverse film. Oh man that would be great

As is... Deaf girl is better than Finn and Poe in TLJ :lol

Deaf girl was better than TLJ period :lol

Yes I liked it the best fo sure. G14 is the better made movie. But this was leaps and bounds better than KOTM. I remember leaving KOTM disappointed. I enjoyed it but was left feeling like we would never see what was meant to be seen in a big budget G film.

GvK delivered almost 100%

Only thing really lacking is a true Monster rampage in a city and the Military trying to fight it off.

GvK had a city to be destroyed but it was not the focus..

But my 5yr old self is so thankful for this film :)

Yup. No monsters fighting in pitch black darkness and in a freaking hurricane. We finally got to see monsters fight with no cutaways to boring humans running looking up.
Just monsters fighting and in a brutal fashion. Much better than any fight in kotm.

Oh now now.. Rey and her boring friends were far better written characters than what we got in these monsterverse films.

Man if we could get some ST type characters in the monsterverse films you could have a perfect movie.

Dont get me wrong I am not saying that the ST is the end all be all of characters... But to get just that much quality in a monsterverse film. Oh man that would be great

Lol yea rey and her little pals would be great in the monster verse. They?d actually have motivation and development. Plus rey is so strong cause she must defeat Godzilla.

Deaf girl can be rose

MG moved way too fast to be interesting lol

For me MG was wasted there was no mythology it being connected to you know who meant nothing.

He was just there occupying space.

Last edited:
Hmmm

Kiru jumped around with his thrusters but was still very lumbering it had weight if had screen presence.

This new MG was a ninja lol

He was wasted.

A formidable foe no doubt but wasted.

MG moved way too fast to be interesting lol

For me MG was wasted there was no mythology it being connected to you know who meant nothing.

He was just there occupying space.

He moved fast like kiryu

Hmmm

Kiru jumped around with his thrusters but was still very lumbering it had weight if had screen presence.

This new MG was a ninja lol

He was wasted.

A formidable foe no doubt but wasted.

I was surprised to find that I liked MG in this.

Much of that has to do with the fact that the film did not go in the direction I thought it would.. Meaning we would never get a true victor because MG would show up and the two would have to team up.

Ive never been a huge MG fan. In any if his many forms. He just never did much for me and the thought of a giant robot made to look like Godzilla really only made sense in the original two films. Granted not much of any of these films makes sense but MG being made to look like G was always silly to me.

But I liked that MG was made to be such a bad ass in this film. Really he was only there to get the two main monsters to like each other and for Kong to get a moment to shine. Which was fine in my book... I wanted to see GvK not GvKvMG.

I thought MG in this was done better then KG in KOTM. He was a formidable foe. KG never really got a moment to shine in KOTM.

TLJ is what she named the doll she made from dried Kong feces. :lol

The movie could have used less of the conspiracy theory guy, Eleven and Firefist and more of Demian Bichir and Serizawa's kid - maybe delve into his motivation for wanting to kill Godzilla and his monster friends. He was so poorly written I didn't even realize who he was supposed to be at first.

BTW, you cast a Mexican actor as the bad guy and his character's name is Walter Simmons?? I guess he takes after his mom...

Back