Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG!

OMG!!

OMFG!!!

This made 14 look like a masterpiece!

Even KOTM is far far superior to this turd.

Hands down the worst modern kaiju movie ever made

Holy hell I can?t get over how abysmal this was.

This is Transformers sequels level of bad

MG reminded me of those horrible Transformers in Transformers 15!

The battles were not enough to save this turd.

This was 98 bad!

I?m going back to ZSJL **** this noise!

Best line in the movie...

DUMP THE MONKEY!

I LOL HARD!

:lol :lol :lol

I’m sorry I really am but holy crap the monarch story in 14 was Lawrence of Arabia levels of sophisticated when compared to this cartoon.

The atomic breath was way over used it just meant nothing

That side mission into the earth and the villain holy crap that was bad lol

Godzilla had no gravitas all of his presence from the previous 2 movies was gone.

What did I just watch just wow lol

Last edited:
I think I just watched one of the most amazingly nonsensical movies ever... :rotfl
It was fun, but my lord, was it stupid. Wait, delete that, it was stoopid. Absolutely nothing made sense.
I'm not a Godzilla fan, never actually watched the old Japanese movies, so I really don't now if this is the level of dumb one is supposed to expect. and I agree that Godzilla lost all of his mystical aura, this is basically a Kong movie. It was fun, but I'm glad I didn't pay to see this.
One thing I really did like though was how Kong sometimes moved just like the guy in the suit in the '76 movie. That was pure nostalgia bliss.

I thought the monster action was better than the other Monsterverse Godzilla films, but the story wasn't so great and seemed overly complicated and all over the place.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The battles in this carried no weight no purpose no meaning it was all just noise no matter the effects.

I’m not kidding 14 is majestic compared to this

KOTM battles served the characters.

Sure there were a few shots I liked but you can tell WB had zero passion for this movie it was really more transformers than Godzilla

JAWS is going to hate this lol

Lets just see about that :)

This is going to be Spoiler heavy so skip if you dont want to know the outcome of this film.

OMG!

OMG!!

OMFG!!!

This made 14 look like a masterpiece!

Even KOTM is far far superior to this turd.

Hands down the worst modern kaiju movie ever made

Holy hell I can?t get over how abysmal this was.

This is Transformers sequels level of bad

Man oh man we are not really on the same page at all here.. Well we are to some extent.. The human plot was dumb dumb dumb... There was some goofy moments also with Kong being a bit too smart when he found his Kingdom..

But I was there for the monster fights.. And man Jye I thought this film delivered big time.. Way more then the other two films. My inner child was doing backflips!

First off this film delivers a clear winner.. All our theories about Godzilla really being Mechagodzilla was all wrong.... It was him the whole time.. This film gave us two great GvK fights.. I feel bad that you are dead inside ;)

Plus there was no character like the Mother in KOTM.. Man she just flat out ruins a lot of that film.

MG reminded me of those horrible Transformers in Transformers 15!

MG was a bad design but we knew that going in... I dont know why they felt the need for MG to look like something that might have been really created by humans in such an over the top movie.. Just make a bad ass looking MG..

Having said that.. I thought he was fine overall.. I thought the end product was fine and he was a formable foe like he was in the Showa era films..

The battles were not enough to save this turd.

This suffered from the same thing that GKOTM suffered from.. A boring ass 2nd half that was dumb.. Granted it was dumber then KOM but it was pretty to look at most the time.

This was 98 bad!

No no no no... Take that back... Or go watch 98 again and see how wrong you are..

I?m going back to ZSJL **** this noise!

I was more entertained by this film then JL :)

I?m sorry I really am but holy crap the monarch story in 14 was Lawrence of Arabia levels of sophisticated when compared to this cartoon.

I cant argue there.. But at least I didnt have to look at Ken Wantanabe's mouth gapped open all film long. :lol

The atomic breath was way over used it just meant nothing

Oh man I thought it was great that Kong saw it as a threat.. I mean you knew if it made contact that Kong was done.. I liked that G didnt conveniently forget that he had that power.

That side mission into the earth and the villain holy crap that was bad lol

That mission into earth was dumb but I liked the 3 main characters there..

I could have been fine with the dumb villian if they got rid of the three main characters for that sub plot.. Completely unneeded.

I dont know why the center of the earth stuff had to be soooooo dumb... But it was.. Have it be more like a Skull Island on steroids.. That would have been cool.. Floating Kong made me roll my eyes. :lol

Godzilla had no gravitas all of his presence from the previous 2 movies was gone.

He didnt have that big into like he did in the first..

But man those battles... I thought this film showed what a bad ass Godzilla was.. IDK Jye.. I mean this was everything i wanted in a Godzilla film with regards to monster action.

G14 had the most realistic fights
GKOTM - was nothing but missed opportunities accept the Antarctica fight and Rodan intro.
GvK- Best fight scenes that put a smile on my face.

What did I just watch just wow lol

We just dont see eye to eye on these monsterverse films. I watched Kong Skull Island over the weeked and actually found it enjoyable overall accept for the goofy slow mo Loki killing monster birds scene. I cant get by lots of the dumb stuff. Guess thats what comes from watching all the Toho films over the years :lol

Of course it didnt hurt that I watched it on the new 85" TV :lol

Loved the movie. I knew you guys wouldn?t like it

I fully enjoyed it.

The kid inside of me gives it a 10 out of 10.

The adult still gives it a solid 7 out of 10 just for the fight scenes alone.

If this had GKOTM level of fight scenes I would have given it a 3 out of 10 :lol

I was really worried I was going to end up feeling like I did after Endgame and that Godzilla, like the Hulk, would have had his balls cut off.

Nope.

There is a winner for sure. No pussyfooting around that in this film.

I thought the monster action was better than the other Monsterverse Godzilla films, but the story wasn't so great and seemed overly complicated and all over the place.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep to just about everything you said.

The battles in this carried no weight no purpose no meaning it was all just noise no matter the effects.

I’m not kidding 14 is majestic compared to this

KOTM battles served the characters.

Sure there were a few shots I liked but you can tell WB had zero passion for this movie it was really more transformers than Godzilla

I dont know.. You are giving KOTM too much credit. I just watched KOTM and was amazed at how awful it really is... And a big reason for that is there is no great monster fights to save it.

G14 was boring but the Godzilla scenes were great.

This one brought back the feeling of size the G14 had also that KOTM was lacking.

Having said all this.. I think that I will come to really hate the human stuff in this film just like I did the last.

Basically this is going to be like all godzilla films to me.. I will skip the human stuff just to watch the monster fights.

At least in this one they dont cut away constantly to lesser human characters. It sticks with the fights.

Also I thought the first battle was actually suspenseful.. I actually worried about Kong. :)

Plot didn?t make much sense
Eleven?s plot was super dumb
Effects were fantastic
The colors were absolutely beautiful
Hollow earth really looked amazing.
Fights were well choreographed and super fun
Mechagodzilla didn?t look good - his arms were too long - but made sense as he could do more with long arms.
I liked some of the homages to previous films.

Overall it was very fun. I still thought G14 was the best, closely followed by Kong Skull island, then this. GKOTM was faaar behind all of these.

Plot didn?t make much sense
Eleven?s plot was super dumb
Effects were fantastic
The colors were absolutely beautiful
Hollow earth really looked amazing.
Fights were well choreographed and super fun
Mechagodzilla didn?t look good - his arms were too long - but made sense as he could do more with long arms.
I liked some of the homages to previous films.

Overall it was very fun. I still thought G14 was the best, closely followed by Kong Skull island, then this. GKOTM was faaar behind all of these.

I think I agree with everything you said! :duff

I can't wait for that guy to do a pitch meeting video for this. His head is going to explode.

Back