Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TLJ is what she named the doll she made from dried Kong feces. :lol

:lol

The movie could have used less of the conspiracy theory guy, Eleven and Firefist and more of Demian Bichir and Serizawa's kid - maybe delve into his motivation for wanting to kill Godzilla and his monster friends. He was so poorly written I didn't even realize who he was supposed to be at first.

BTW, you cast a Mexican actor as the bad guy and his character's name is Walter Simmons?? I guess he takes after his mom...

I didnt know who they were either.. But I am slow when it comes to names :lol

Yeah.. Weird that they didnt do more with those characters.

But but but he had
Spoiler Spoiler:
lol

The DUMP THE MONKEY (off the carrier) line made me LOL

The actress who said that was also hot

TLJ is what she named the doll she made from dried Kong feces. :lol

The movie could have used less of the conspiracy theory guy, Eleven and Firefist and more of Demian Bichir and Serizawa's kid - maybe delve into his motivation for wanting to kill Godzilla and his monster friends. He was so poorly written I didn't even realize who he was supposed to be at first.

BTW, you cast a Mexican actor as the bad guy and his character's name is Walter Simmons?? I guess he takes after his mom...

/\THIS/\

I wonder if godzilla could have taken out MG by himself if he wasn't worn out and beat up from fighting kong.

It was entertaining enough and fun to watch, the human story definitely not trying to do anything at all, and to some degree I kind of like that since it wasn't painful to watch, whereas the human story in KotM was trying to be something and wasn't succeeding so it ended up being very boring during those times. Sure, the human stuff was stupid, but I wasn't falling asleep. I do have some criticism though:

-The fights while they looked great, they suffered in the same way that things changed in Pacific Rim Uprising, where the characters lack the weight that they had before and the camera moves around too quickly and doesn't portray their massive size.
-I kind of feel like anything that was set up in previous films like Ghidorah's head was squandered. Like I would bet that the directors of the previous films aren't that happy with the direction this one took things.
-The music was bad, the Godzilla theme in there was OK but the rest of it was very generic kind of synthetic action music, a big step down from what we got in KotM

I think we'll likely get another movie due to this one doing so well, but I think it's the current circumstances that are leading it to be so successful, I don't think it would have done as well in a regular movie season and if they release additional films once things get more normal I don't think they'd perform as well.

The DUMP THE MONKEY (off the carrier) line made me LOL

Same here. Based on what happened to her near the end I think Kong may have heard her lol...

The actress who said that was also hot

Yes she was hot.

Eiza Gonzalez. Boy, talk about wasting an actress in a movie. :slap IMO she's right up there with Ana de Armas, although your mileage may vary. As I recall, she was my pick for the new Catwoman. MEEEOWW. :naughty

EG whitetanktop.jpeg

-The music was bad, the Godzilla theme in there was OK but the rest of it was very generic kind of synthetic action music, a big step down from what we got in KotM

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've listened to the score a few times and totally agree with this. It's not a bad score, it serves the purpose, but it's very boring, not a lot of distinct sounds or themes. If you listen to it without watching the tracks, you almost can't tell when one ends and the next begins at times.

KOTM has the best score in the series, lots of diversity and even repeated themes have different tones each time. Followed by Godzilla 2014, KSI and GvK score comes in dead last.

When they announced Junkie XL as composer, I knew then it was a 50/50 shot being good. His work for Black Mass was great, his work for Deadpool, Dark Fate, DC movies, etc, is boring and you almost feel like you could drop any one of them into another movie and still work because it's so generic. The GvK score sounds like it could easily be in a super hero film, it's not specifically monster sounding or exotic.

This was as fun as I hoped it would be. They're not going to win an Oscar, but not what they were going for. I agree with whoever said the battles lacked a clear representation of the monster's size and magnitude against the cityscape. It very much felt like two human sized creatures fighting within a scaled model of a city...which is weird since it's CGI. Nonetheless, I found it worth the watch and enjoyed the Kong / human interaction more than I thought.

It was entertaining enough and fun to watch, the human story definitely not trying to do anything at all, and to some degree I kind of like that since it wasn't painful to watch, whereas the human story in KotM was trying to be something and wasn't succeeding so it ended up being very boring during those times. Sure, the human stuff was stupid, but I wasn't falling asleep. I do have some criticism though:

I think we will find with repeat viewings that all the human stuff wont be all that much more interesting then KOTM

-The fights while they looked great, they suffered in the same way that things changed in Pacific Rim Uprising, where the characters lack the weight that they had before and the camera moves around too quickly and doesn't portray their massive size.

See I thought they did a better job with the size and weight in this one then in KOTM. KOTM had that Antarctic scenes and Rodan scene but that was about it.

GvK had lots of Person perspectives like in 14.

Yes there was some fast camera movements in it.. I dont know.. I really cant find anything to complain about in the Monster fight scenes.

-I kind of feel like anything that was set up in previous films like Ghidorah's head was squandered. Like I would bet that the directors of the previous films aren't that happy with the direction this one took things.

Again I was surprised that I liked MG in this one.. So I have no complaints.

I actually liked the music.. I like that TRON 2 type stuff.

I think we'll likely get another movie due to this one doing so well, but I think it's the current circumstances that are leading it to be so successful, I don't think it would have done as well in a regular movie season and if they release additional films once things get more normal I don't think they'd perform as well.

Reports are there was a after credits scene for test audiences.. Aliens were coming to earth... So a Godzilla / Kong team up film was probably on the way.

WB probably removed it as they think this series cant go on any more since KOTM was a BO letdown and GvK only got made cause it was greenlit before the KOTM BO numbers came in.

Yes THAT!

Thank you for explaining better than I could what was wrong with the battles!

Ducky, untie Jye and let him go see this movie and post his own thoughts.

Yeah that was also weak.

But I agree with that post mentioning the lack of scale in the city due to the camera movement.

There's a lot of shots in there that are very awkwardly animated, both the choreography and the camera movement.
Also, I kind of felt like MG moved almost like he was stop-motion, just had a weird movement about him, and I don't mean that in a good way.

I still like seeing the action, it's just not the way I would have liked it to be

Back