GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

LimpFamiliarIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

source.gif

Godzilla = Virgins in the US.

In a country built on military manhood, cowboys, gun ownership and american football Godzilla is no bueno lol

T-Rex is like the American Eagle...show of strength!

Godzilla = Nerds

Math seems sound.

But not the cool nerds either, not the Silicon Valley types that get rich... its the sad nerds. The ones who live in their parents basement and 'chat' all day and spread angry memes.

Watching that Godzilla gif for 128 minutes is more enjoyable than watching any minute of Jurassic world 2

I definitely find Godzilla 2014 more enjoyable from start to finish than JW 2, I like both but JW2 is down there with JP3, JP3 might actually be more interesting to watch from start to finish actually. KOTM is definitely more fun than JW 2.

Math seems sound.

But not the cool nerds either, not the Silicon Valley types that get rich... its the sad nerds. The ones who live in their parents basement and 'chat' all day and spread angry memes.

You’re not wrong.

I used to work at a toy store in Manhattan and 90% of the Godzilla fans that came in there were 50 something, portly fellows with grey hair. They were definitely the “outcast” types.

They were good people...but all they talked about was Godzilla.

That would probably be me, but my Jurassic, Pirates, Terminator, Rambo and Marvel fandom gives me a bit more credibility and has landed me a fiancee :lol

Watching that Godzilla gif for 128 minutes is more enjoyable than watching any minute of Jurassic world 2

:lol :lol :lol

Truth

Math seems sound.

:lol :lol

How can you say that about Biojex, Maulfan and JAWS :rotfl

Ummm yeah about that...umm umm T-Rex > Godzilla yeah

:chase

I definitely find Godzilla 2014 more enjoyable from start to finish than JW 2, I like both but JW2 is down there with JP3, JP3 might actually be more interesting to watch from start to finish actually. KOTM is definitely more fun than JW 2.

I really enjoyed my first viewing of JW1. I came out super excited and wanting some dinosaur toys. When it came out on Blu-ray, I couldn’t get through it. I don’t know what happened. JW2 didn’t get that far. I saw it once and haven’t seen it since. It lacked any scene I wanted to revisit.

G-14 I’ve watched a lot! I had at least a weekly viewing of it once I got it on blu.

You’re not wrong.

I used to work at a toy store in Manhattan and 90% of the Godzilla fans that came in there were 50 something, portly fellows with grey hair. They were definitely the “outcast” types.

They were good people...but all they talked about was Godzilla.

Where they at least skinny lol

Math seems sound.

I'm so glad I don't fall into the latter category since I live in my *own* basement thank you very much, lol. :yess:

It is sad actually that this can’t find an audience but I kind of blame the long wait and always fighting in a dark setting

G-14 I’ve watched a lot! I had at least a weekly viewing of it once I got it on blu.

I've only seen Godzilla '14 once, so maybe I just need to give it another chance?

I legit fell asleep watching it midway through and finally woke up once Godzilla arrived. I wanted to like it but I was just really underwhelmed.

Combine that experience with everything non-Vader in RO, and I wanted to stay away from anything by the same director. It's nothing personal against him, I just did not enjoy either of those two movies at all nor did I give an iota for any of the characters. :(

Put it this way my brother’s wife is your typical all american upper middle class prom queen super hot athletic outgoing popular social milf and none of their 3 boys (11/14/17) were allowed to go watch Godzilla because she didn’t want them associated with that kind of sci-fi affecting their school relationships so uncle jye was not allowed to take them lol

I've only seen Godzilla '14 once, so maybe I just need to give it another chance?

I legit fell asleep watching it midway through and finally woke up once Godzilla arrived. I wanted to like it but I was just really underwhelmed. :(

Combine that experience with everything non-Vader in RO, and I wanted to stay away from anything by the same director. It's nothing personal against him, I just did not enjoy either of those two movies at all nor did I give an iota for any of the characters. :(

I think part of it for me is that I benefit from also like the Mutos whereas a lot of people dont. So even when Godzilla isn’t on screen, I am enjoying myself.

Put it this way my brother’s wife is your typical all american upper middle class prom queen super hot athletic outgoing popular social milf and none of their 3 boys (11/14/17) were allowed to go watch Godzilla because she didn’t want them associated with that kind of sci-fi affecting their school relationships so uncle jye was not allowed to take them lol

She sounds like the type to have a “live laugh love” sign hanging somewhere in the house :lol

Better they grow up jocks who get juiced on steroids, beat their wives or end up arrested for murder :lol Say what you want about overweight blogging nerds with house full of action figures, they aren't stirring up **** for the rest of the planet :lol

My mom was a cheerleader and Homecoming queen at her high school and she wouldn't dare ever get between me and sci-fi growing up, lol. She did try and steer me away from D&D but that didn't work out either, lol.

Better they grow up jocks who get juiced on steroids, beat their wives or end up arrested for murder :lol Say what you want about overweight blogging nerds with house full of action figures, they aren't stirring up **** for the rest of the planet :lol

Without movies like Godzilla vs Hedorah how will they know the true price of pollution without a giant pop monster terrorizing the world. That’s a life lesson you can’t get anywhere else. I learned it when I was at least 3. I fear for her children.

I think part of it for me is that I benefit from also like the Mutos whereas a lot of people dont. So even when Godzilla isn’t on screen, I am enjoying myself.

I'm with you on this, I just love the monsters in the film. It actually follows your typical Godzilla formula where it's the enemy monsters driving the plot and godzilla shows up to fight them. I loved it but I know that's not what a lot of people were expecting. It pretty much follows the original Godzilla VS Mecha Godzilla plot, just swap out MG for the Mutos and you have a pretty similar paced film where godzilla doesn't show up until half way through.

Back