GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm quite relieved that this seems to have met most people's expectations. I hope I can see it on the big screen.

Now if Star Wars could just undo the bad taste in my mouth in December then 2019 will be a year to remember.

It’s an interesting year. Endgame was a mostly good start, minus Hulk’s handling, Godzilla is amazing, Star Wars looks promising, but we shall see, and Rambo 5 is looking good. That said, for the first time I think in my life, a trailer has killed my interest in a film with Terminator 6. I was curious how that would turn out and the trailer was so bad, I almost forget now that it’s coming.

If they had put out a 6th Pirates with Jack Sparrow this year, I might lose it.

So glad my Godzilla kaiju were handled so masterfully after Marvel took a giant dump on my Hulk.

I think the name value gives Godzilla vs Kong some majesty, but I doubt that there's a solid film in that premise. Pretty sure this is the ESB/IW of the Monsterverse.

So revel in the impossible that is a $200 million Toho remake.

So listening to the director talk about the extended cut.. Sounds like just longer human stuff.

So I think what we got with the monsters is all we will ever get.

Damn it was so close to being perfect :(

It occurs to me, there is one Toho classic we haven’t gotten yet in the MonsterVerse really that would be great to see, a classic artillery sequence with tanks and rockets firing at the monsters. Some tanks fired at Godzilla on the Golden Gate Bridge but that’s not the same. Shin Godzilla had a great sequence like this.

It occurs to me, there is one Toho classic we haven’t gotten yet in the MonsterVerse really that would be great to see, a classic artillery sequence with tanks and rockets firing at the monsters. Some tanks fired at Godzilla on the Golden Gate Bridge but that’s not the same. Shin Godzilla had a great sequence like this.

Yep.. I put this along with the destruction of the city moment... Both are sadly missing from the MonsterVerse. Weird.

I remember the scene in Cloverfield right before the main characters go down into the subway.. There is the moment when the military shows up and starts blasting missiles at the monster right before is roars at you and slams its foot down.. Still one of my all time Kaiju moments.. Godzilla movie needs something like this.

Really enjoyed this movie and much better than 2014. Loved everything but I can’t see long beating the big g

Saw it again the in the IMAX, wasn't worth it for the IMAX though, it didn't look any better, and I think they must have had some calibration off because it had some chromatic abberation which also makes it a bit blurry. I had figured I would catch it in IMAX since it'll be switched out for X-Men this next weekend.

It was a shame that the rumour floating around pre release wasn't true. It would have been a nice bit of in universe continuity if Charles Dance had been Tom Hiddlestons character from Kong. I suppose it might still happen in KVG. 'Alan Jonah' could be an alias I suppose...

Saw it again the in the IMAX, wasn't worth it for the IMAX though, it didn't look any better, and I think they must have had some calibration off because it had some chromatic abberation which also makes it a bit blurry. I had figured I would catch it in IMAX since it'll be switched out for X-Men this next weekend.

I agree with this, the sound was cooler, felt more of the booms in the IMAX showing, but as far as screen size, the showing I went to yesterday equaled the IMAX experience, though it was larger than some other theaters I’ve been to. I’m glad I went to IMAX to get the poster though. I did also find some blurring going on at times, the post credit scene especially.

Earlier in the week it was reported that KOTM was headed for a $230M global bow. Well fast forward to today and the reported number is $179M...very awful opening.

G14 had a strong opening but weak legs. Will this one have stronger legs in the end? I don't know...

But yeah, GvK is likely the last of the monster verse if this bombs.

Wow what a waste of a movie. Terrible script and characters defying common sense and any logic to their actions.

Characters with super plot armor that can withstand explosions, fire and radiation.

Scenes so dark it reminded me of the GOT Season 8 episode 3.

There was great potential here but flushed down the toilet by the horrible script and direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. Most happen in the dark and during a storm.

Movie has real potential but fails miserably. There were moments you will want to scream at characters for their acts of pure stupidity and no common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier in the week it was reported that KOTM was headed for a $230M global bow. Well fast forward to today and the reported number is $179M...very awful opening.

Uggggh the movie is bombing like franchise killing bombing. :gah:

Man what a horrible opening.

I read the same thing. Looks like Kong vs. Godzilla may not happen after all. :ohbfrank:

Or any other monsterverse film for that matter too. :monkey2

Back