GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Millie Bobby Brown did a fine job, there's not a whole lot to the character but I think she acted just fine.

Overall monster action is much more than 2014, Godzilla definitely has more than before

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just got home and I must say, I was NOT disappointed!

Tons (no pun) of monster action! I'm not sure what some of the negative critics saw, but they obviously aren't fans of the kaiju genera.

Lots of homage to the Japanese series....

Spoiler Spoiler:

I also got a chuckle during the credits. Pay attention to the "starring" section.

The hints about Kong and Skull Island leads me to theorize that
Spoiler Spoiler:

So many cool things happened, its hard to remember everything which I may discuss later after I sleep on it. This is definitely one movie you'll have to watch at least twice to catch anything you may have missed on the first go around.

This movie is a solid 4.9/5!!! IMO!!! :hi5:

Note: The only thing keeping it from a 5/5 was:

Spoiler Spoiler:

event-poster-10731496.jpg

Some really creative, awe-inspiring moments stitched together by an extremely underwhelming story. Weak, uninspired and homogeneous expository dialogue, underutilized and underdeveloped villain, and the main human conflict isn't even good glue for the monster scenes.

Not that Kong: Skull Island was a masterpiece by any means, but I had a lot more fun with that one. Better, more interesting cinematography and editing, human characters were more fun and had their own cool moments. It just delivered on more fronts.

I want to say we deserve better than what we got with KOTM, but looking at how many people are ecstatic over such an average Goji film, maybe we don't.

This movie was such a far stretch from the last. To me it completely fell off the rails. Reminded me of americans trying to emulate a Japanese Godzilla flic, which in turn usually is kinda cheese.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sorry JAWS I was able to squeeze out a couple of quick End Game posts last night before passing out, now i’m juiced up ready for some lengthy Godzilla post viewing discussions, you’re not seeing until Saturday! :gah:

Anyways i’m going to go type up my review be back in a few hours lol

Sorry JAWS I was able to squeeze out a couple of quick End Game posts last night before passing out, now i’m juiced up ready for some lengthy Godzilla post viewing discussions, you’re not seeing until Saturday! :gah:

Anyways i’m going to go type up my review be back in a few hours lol

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No major spoilers here so relax and enjoy lol

Ok overall I really liked it.

In a way it’s the yang to 14’s yin.

You want super grounded Godzilla watch 14.

You want Super X popping up everywhere instantly and nukes going off everywhere like they’re on sale with no repercussions then this movie is for you.

What I thought was going to give me problems, the human elements, ended up not being the case so I was surprised when I started having problems with the Kaiju elements specifically KG!

Wut you say!

Yes that’s right!

It seemed like they didn’t know how to properly handle KG they really struggled at giving it personality. They succeeded for the most part at giving it purpose but they fumbled miserably with the personality and that’s very unfortunate because I don’t mind doing that to the human characters but not with your main villain booo.

Admit it Maulfan and Biojex i’m right regarding KG lol

They got Rodan right way more than KG should’ve made him the main baddie.

While I was ok with the close-ups of the battles I do think that the final showdown suffered from the same problem as 14, they kept cutting away from the fight to focus on Millie. I wanted to see the city crumble and Kaiju having their faces being dragged thru rubble even more not Millie screaming.

If I had to pick the one truly eye rolling dumb scene in the movie it was what they showed in the trailer of the soldier grabbing the kid in Mexico to keep her from flying from Rodan’s fiery wind hurricane. Literally everything was being ripped to shreds around them except for the soldier, the girl and the column they were holding onto lol Whatever it was minor in the grand scheme of things.

I loved the bald military lady she could’ve been in Aliens she was a bad ass.

Hey what do you know I actually enjoyed the yes convoluted plot go figure!

Love seeing the military on Godzilla side which is usually not the case but they hinted that might change in the future.

Loved the sacrifice scene and the plot twists were actually not eye rolling some decent family dynamics going on there. I said decent not mind blowing great so don’t go mocking me later on lol

Loved Mothra nuff said but back to my problems with the Kaiju.

Why the hell did they create Kaiju that looked like monsters from The Mist that was really dumb.

What’s funny is that even though this movie is way more fantastical than 14 I guess it’s still not fantastical enough to have Gigan with spinning chainsaw arms lol chew on that for a second.

So to answer the age old question lol is this more Pacific Rim 1 or 2 and it’s definitely way more Pacific Rim 1 for me....yay!

Stupid monkey is going to look so dumb in this lol

If you are a fan of Godzilla see it on my Imax you’re going to have a blast like I did.

Man so far a great movie season for me I loved EG, liked Aladdin and liked/loved Godzilla!

Go jye!

Last edited:
This movie was such a far stretch from the last. To me it completely fell off the rails. Reminded me of americans trying to emulate a Japanese Godzilla flic, which in turn usually is kinda cheese.

Technically you’re not wrong and it is a completely different movie than 14 but i’m actually ok with that emulation.

Having so many cool events happen in Boston took the climax to another level for me, but even if you take that away, it's loaded with "oh my god, they just did...." moments that leave a lasting impression.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Having so many cool events happen in Boston took the climax to another level for me, but even if you take that away, it's loaded with "oh my god, they just did...." moments that leave a lasting impression.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes and NO about the
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes more depth could be given to the morality of
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Admit it Maulfan and Biojex i’m right regarding KG lol

KG is a tough one. In the Toho films, he was basically a mindless destroyer with no real motivation or purpose, so there's a balance to hold of not breaking from that while also giving him more personality. I personally thought they handled it well, you could tell it was having thoughts and reactions to things going on and wasn't just 3 heads flailing about while someone pulled on the strings.

I have no complaints about how any of the big 4 were handled, like I said, they were all done so well in my eyes, I could go for solo films of them all.

As far as the fights, I didn't mind intermixing the human story with the fight, I mean even Toho films didn't always have non-stop fighting without some cutting back and forth, at least it wasn't cut away to a TV and never come back. I would say if anything, at times the closeness in the fights was a little too much, probably could have pulled back a bit more often, but plenty of wide shots too and the close shots did allow for the monsters to show off personality, especially Godzilla, loved the close ups of his face and the expressions.

Nah, jye is tripping on KG and needs to have his Godzilla fan card revoked. ;)

He was so devilishly evil and disgusting. If you missed it he actually licks the dead bodies and smirks at the soldiers when they fire at him.

Also, Mammoth titan > EG Hulk. :chase

:lol

Well there was all this talk of the three heads having their own personalities and none of that panned out.

There was zero Moe Larry and Curly lol

I thought there was going to be a cunning head that gave orders to the other heads but nope.

You had no idea which head was doing what meh.

Also I don’t think enough attention was given to the power of his legs which brings me to not enough scenes of KG punishing Godzilla, embarrassing him.

TOHO does Kaiju trashing so very well it was sorely missed. Don’t get me wrong there was some just not enough.

Wor-Gar will agree with me you’ll see KG is his Kaiju Tarkin (or is it Vader) lol

Last edited:
Chew on these unfortunate statistics.

14 opened with an impressive 93 million.

Kong 61.

KOTM projected 50-55.

Why are they still making these?

What’s next GvK opens to 45!

WB the only studio that looks at those openings as proper trajectory lol

Hopefully it gets that same good box office surprise Aladdin got.

But my showing lastnight was in a near empty screen. :monkey2

Did everyone see Grace’s review face, no? Here it is lol

Not edited that’s freaking real :rotfl

5A0A1C3C-4214-4C68-B7CA-069F00218164.jpeg

Last edited:
My theater had probably 150 seats and I’d say probably 30-40 weren’t full, the group I met up with alone was like 20-30 people.

Chew on these unfortunate statistics.

14 opened with an impressive 93 million.

Kong 61.

KOTM projected 50-55.

Why are they still making these?

What’s next GvK opens to 45!

WB the only studio that looks at those openings as proper trajectory lol

Hopefully it gets that same good box office surprise Aladdin got.

But my showing lastnight was in a near empty screen. :monkey2

Did everyone see Grace’s review face, no? Here it is lol

Not edited that’s freaking real :rotfl

View attachment 455721

She looks like a sex doll waiting for the money shot to the face

Back