GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of the reason I say this, is I actually think EG is never going to live up to the hype....its gonna be a letdown, mostly because I really hate the time travel/alternate universe thing the will have to do.....

Well a let down for me.

For the record Hedorah is one of the best Godzilla villains....and G VS the Smog Monster is a classic.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Part of the reason I say this, is I actually think EG is never going to live up to the hype....its gonna be a letdown, mostly because I really hate the time travel/alternate universe thing the will have to do.....

Well a let down for me.

For the record Hedorah is one of the best Godzilla villains....and G VS the Smog Monster is a classic.

Hedorah is a good film.. But even as a kid I could not forgive the film for having Godzilla fly in it.

What's the Last Great Godzilla movie?

Shin Godzilla in 2016 was really well done, before that, Biollante in 1989 was probably the last really good one. There were some highlights in the films from 89-2016, but no real stand outs, particularly when many of the 90s films felt and looked cheesier than the Showa films decades earlier.

Shin is the most serious and bureaucratical of all TOHO Godzilla movies so if that’s what you want out of a Godzilla movie then there you go but those US government scenes were lol.

Shin is the most serious and bureaucratical of all TOHO Godzilla movies so if that’s what you want out of a Godzilla movie then there you go but those US government scenes were lol.

I like the serious tone of Shin, and by no means is it perfect, but it's definitely a stand out in the body of films from '91 to today, and as much as I enjoy Godzilla 2014, I feel like Shin overall had a better story behind it. Political commentary may not be the most engaging plot for a film, but it was executed well, where Godzilla 2014 had missed opportunities to be more than it was and for some reason didn't use them.

The young fan in my that grew up on Godzilla can enjoy the campy as much as the serious, just like I can watch and love Adam West Batman at the same time as loving the Dark Knight trilogy, but preference would lean towards the Dark Knight as would Godzilla preference lean towards the serious. I didn't like the retread of Showa films that Godzilla '91 and '92 felt like, I wasn't crazy about the fights that turned into laster beam battles and not actually monsters fighting each other, and the constant rebooting of the millennium era was frustrating, mixed with an almost Disney feeling agenda push to promote female empowerment, and don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the promotion of such an idea, but compare something like Captain Marvel to some of the latter millennium films and there's that fine line of subtly weaving an idea into a story and almost losing the storying telling to present it nearly in a propoganda fashion. It's an issue I have with Disney..I mean Star Wars now.

King of the Monsters looks like it should be more or less what I'd hope for, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster retold making full use of top quality CGI effects, with a slightly different story. I know many have been rolling their eyes at the seeming plot of this film, but for me, the plot bar is low considering a fundamental part of the old film was a princess turned into a Martian prophet and a political assassination plot. All I ask of the story is make it a fun journey, and I felt like Kong Skull Island made the journey from start to finish very fun, granted, the location played a big factor as well as the ability to use songs and not just orchestral music.

Shin is just not Godzilla to me.. I don;t mind the look... But Purple lasers shooting out of his mouth and worse yet his tail :lol

Add to that the Bottom of his mouth opening up like some Predator wannabe... Then his previous looks.. Chicken fish? IDK.. Add to that the boring govt / scietist scenes that all godzilla movies have but turned up to 11.

I wanted to like it but have no interest in watching it again..

Its better then Toho's Anime series.

Like I said, it's not perfect and I would change a number of the same grievances, but for me it's more enjoyable overall than most films from 91 on, and from the moment when form 4 comes ashore, other than the excessive beams, he definitely feels like a '54/'84 style Godzilla and I loved it, the whole daytime stand off with the military was great.

Well a let down for me.

Re EG, yeah, for various reasons. Never thought that would be the case, but if some stuff I've read is true, it wouldn't be what I had expected/hoped for.

On the other hand I'll line up for Godzilla any time. Because it's Godzilla.:cool: IMAX 3D premium theater!

Imax is a must. My daughter is a film fan, and a kaiju fan also, so its gonna be a fu day no matter what.

Shes just a little older than Milli so she also has that connection.

Shin Godzilla in 2016 was really well done, before that, Biollante in 1989 was probably the last really good one. There were some highlights in the films from 89-2016, but no real stand outs, particularly when many of the 90s films felt and looked cheesier than the Showa films decades earlier.

Not going to say anyone is wrong for liking what they like. You put Shin and Biollante at the top. I put Biollante at the top and Shin dead last. I own multiple copies of every G movie ever made except for two, Iguanazilla and Shin. Just can't watch those.

I found Shin interesting, up till the lazars......

Then it got silly. It was a good watch, but its not very re watchable to me.

I rewatch 2014 all the time....

OoqQ9V.gif

Shin Godzilla is basically Godzilla if he was a zombie. He’s basically dead rotting disgusting and just walks in a straight line.

I kinda dont like it when godzilla isnt atleast a little bit silly, the only serious godzilla movie I really like is 1954

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Shin Godzilla is as terrifying as they come. It had an apocalyptic feel, especially the creepy last scene of his tail. Wished there were more action scenes but what it had was just sufficient.

That being said I'm absolutely ready for another action packed G movie that this seems to be.

Shin Godzilla is as terrifying as they come. It had an apocalyptic feel, especially the creepy last scene of his tail. Wished there were more action scenes but what it had was just sufficient.

That being said I'm absolutely ready for another action packed G movie that this seems to be.

Bingo!

Shin needed two more action set pieces to help sit thru the dry government stuff which would’ve helped make repeat viewings more enjoyable. The framework was there for it to be one of the best of the TOHO movies.

Back