GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They announced sequels at SDCC 2014, so it's been a long road, even though we had Kong in the middle, it wasn't a movie featuring Godzilla too. I didn't expect Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah in this movie though, I expected Ghidorah would be saved as a "boss" villain for GvsK, so to get all this up front is a wonderful surprise and the handling of it so far has really wowed me.

The composer recently did a video and stated that the Godzilla theme will not just be a cameo in the score but a significant part, as he feels it's as much a part of the character like the Darth Vader theme or the JAWS theme, so I really can't wait for the soundtrack to release.

Originally this movie was supposed to come out in March, before End Game, I'm actually really happy with how it turned out, I have a feeling that, as satisfying as End Game will be, there's going to be a sense of sadness after, Godzilla should serve as the perfect cinematic pick me up.

Then in the fall I get another Rambo, I get Sly's old and all, but all time favorite character, so any new film pique's my interest, and then we'll see in December if Rise of Skywalker can deliver a solid end to a rocky trilogy and the Skywalker saga.

Plus Terminator with Hamilton/Arnold together again!

I enjoyed the main monster theme in 14 but yes traditional is the way to go.

Yeah... Godzilla, MCU, Rambo, and Star Wars all in the same year.. If I went back and told my 13 year old self this was going on I am pretty sure my 13 year old head would explode..

We are an Indiana Jones film away from a perfect release year :lol

Terminator with Hamilton/Arnold. :tap

Can’t wait for 90 year old Indy. :yess:

Even though the number of movies is different, the quality may top 2008 for me, which is currently my all time best year for movies.

- Rambo 4
- Iron Man
- The Dark Knight
- The X-Files
- The Incredible Hulk

While the X-Files wasn't the best movie overall, it was just exciting because it'd been years since an X-Files story so I really enjoyed them being back, but the others are some of my most favorite movies.

Godzilla and End Game alone may be more overall satisfying than all 5 of those.

The only part that sucks is I don't know when I'll get to see End Game yet, not opening weekend, every showing at every theater around me is sold out through the whole weekend.

Maul 2019 will destroy your 2008 list there lol

Plus Terminator with Hamilton/Arnold together again!

Forgot that one, yes that too. That hasn't had much of a presence out their so it's slipped my mind, Stallone has been sharing a lot for Rambo 5.

I enjoyed the main monster theme in 14 but yes traditional is the way to go.

I didn't mind the music in 2014, but I am a big fan of Godzilla's theme and always like when it's used, so I like that it'll be used, and I also look forward to what new stuff we get. I hope it all feels in sync with the MonsterVerse, the Godzilla and Skull Island scores, within reason, feel similar enough like they're part of a series.

Maul 2019 will destroy your 2008 list there lol

More than likely, which I don't think I can handle :lol

WlFmzZT.jpg

Maul can you imagine End Game and this just 1 freaking month apart!

Remember when this was announced it felt like it was an eternity away and yet here we are just a month away from it.

If both movies deliver the goods 2019 is going to be quite a special year.

Its been a LOOONG wait, still amazed it even being made.

This year is a film buff’s dream......lets
hope the doom and gloom crowd keep there negativity in check, and these films get a fair shake.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That expression is classic... "Gojira"

Cut to the model trucks making their way up the winding 'mountain' road towing those large, crazy laser canons.

*cue old Toho music*

Even though the number of movies is different, the quality may top 2008 for me, which is currently my all time best year for movies.

- Rambo 4
- Iron Man
- The Dark Knight
- The X-Files
- The Incredible Hulk

Great year for sure...

1982 is still my fav.

The Thing
Poltergeist
First Blood
Conan the Barbarian
Blade Runner
Star Trek II
E.T.
Tron
The Road Warrior
Rocky III
Friday the 13th part 3

Great year for sure...

1982 is still my fav.

The Thing
Poltergeist
First Blood
Conan the Barbarian
Blade Runner
Star Trek II
E.T.
Tron
The Road Warrior
Rocky III
Friday the 13th part 3

Great list! I've seen every one of those and I was only 12 at the time. 3 of which I especially enjoyed! :rock

Great year for sure...

1982 is still my fav.

The Thing
Poltergeist
First Blood
Conan the Barbarian
Blade Runner
Star Trek II
E.T.
Tron
The Road Warrior
Rocky III
Friday the 13th part 3

A very good year, I’m sure if I went back there were other great years I missed out on. I was born in ‘83 so I a lot of my 80s favorites were seen in the 90s.

84-85 were my golden years....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So many favorites of mine were rerun tv shows or movies I had to wait to be old enough for, but 80s to mid 90s were gold for me.

Back