Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhhhhh. Okay understood.

Completely random but my cat has this new obsession with hanging out with GBG. It's his friend now...

uploadfromtaptalk1483585913298.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Speaking of GBG, here are some size comparison pics I found on Twitter, gigantics with Shin from Kaiyodo and the 6" Bandai vinyl, that one really blows me away.

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

I ordered the Ric Exclusive X-Plus Shin Godzilla, but after seeing the pics I'm not sure I like it as much as the normal version. I guess I'll wait and pass final judgement in person. I kind of wish I had just gone with the normal and saved some money.

I found a video review of the Ric Shin Godzilla. I actually like it a little more than when I saw the pics in this thread. I still don't know if I'm going to keep it or resell it and buy the non-Ric version. Anyway, here's the video review.

I found a video review of the Ric Shin Godzilla. I actually like it a little more than when I saw the pics in this thread. I still don't know if I'm going to keep it or resell it and buy the non-Ric version. Anyway, here's the video review.

You get both version options. Why not just keep it and save yourself some trouble?

You get both version options. Why not just keep it and save yourself some trouble?
Well the purple on the Ric version doesn't seem as good as it was in promo pictures. The normal version doesn't have the purple. I liked the purple in the promo pictures, but some of the pictures of the final product look kind of bad. I'm still going to wait and see it in person to make a final judgement. I see better looking highlights in that video than in other pictures posted here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hi all!
so i just ordered this -
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=XPL10211&mode=retail
i always thought (personal opinion of course) that the Godzilla from 91/92 was my favorite...i honestly don't know why, maybe he looks a little more 'calm' and more of a fat towering 'king' as compared to the more "skinny mean lizard" look. I'm not sure if i'm describing it correctly. does anybody else feel this way?

also...does anybody know why the heck does some of these 30cm godzilla models cost over 1k on Amazon?

I know what you mean but I disagree lol. The Godzilla in 89 and 91 was probably my favorite Hesei design. He looked solid and muscular with an angrier face. 92 still looks pretty close to that as well, but in 93 and 94 he got very chunky looking and was made to look more sympathetic. He was a concerned parent in both films afterall, a perspective I never truly embraced for Big G.

The figures that are over a $1000 are scalpers taking advantage of figures that have not been reissued or are Rics that are otherwise unavailable in America. The prices used to be very high for all the figures before Diamond came along and reissued most of them.

yeah, that's what i mean lol. angry muscular godzilla. i really loved the 91 one but they sold out of that one. but i see that x-plus has another burning 1995 godzilla for 2017. Thinking of canceling this order and picking that one up. 1995 godzilla was an awesome one. he was more pissed off back then lol. the sympathetic godzillas are a no no for me!

Yeah, a 30cm burning godzilla is coming that already looks way better than the 25cm. Comes in a couple months too they really churn these suckers out now. He'll be bigger than the 92..considerably.

i just found out they are re-issuing the x-plus godzilla 1991 which I think is the best godzilla (imo). Cancelled the 1992 order and plan on getting the 1991. but that 30 burning looks really nice. menacing calm godzilla or fireburning actionpose godzilla?!? looks like Diamond took over these re-issues...must be a lot of godzilla collectors!

Thanks for the info. on the 30 burning godzilla. Didn't realize that was being released. Just picked up the 84. I'm waiting on Diamond to issue the 30cm 75 Godzilla and then my collection will be complete.

Got my ric boy x-plus shin from https://treasure-japan.com

Took exactly six days from Japan to New York to Tennessee. Triple boxed and in perfect condition. If I have to get something that's only available in Japan, these are the guys I'm going with from now on. The figure is nice. Of course the Kaiyodo spoils everyone but this one is more impressive in person. My main gripe is the seams. The tail has three pieces and the joins are pretty obvious. Especially the one you have to pop together. Love the open mouth. The vinyl is translucent with purple red and black applied. It looks like the head pieces were given a coat of opaque white inside. Not enough red in the body makes this a really dark figure.
IMG_5477.jpg
IMG_5490.jpg
IMG_5488.jpg

Found the 25cm 62 and 75 Godzillas at a toy shop during my travels along the Georgia coast. I was excited, since I missed out on the 30cm 62 and have been wanting to add a 75 to the collection. The 75 is the Ric Boy version.

25cmGodzillas.jpg

Back