Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if JAKKS will touch it, these guys are already delivering an 18" Kong, JAKKS might be more like 24" but I feel overall it could be too competitive to chance, Godzilla went on discount almost everywhere and can still be bought today and there was no competition.

Photos of the Cast diorama from Twitter.

C1LNBGqUsAATihJ.jpg

C1LNElXUsAAEpGN.jpg

C1LNIzwUsAMs18A.jpg

C1LNPTCUoAAPFg4.jpg

MaulFan, here are a few pics of the bust set. Unfortunately, I am far from a good photographer, so some of these pics are not that great. I found an extra 1989 and 2001 and painted them. The 89 like Burning Goji and the 2001 more of a black color.

Attachments

• 100_3760a.jpg
    100_3760a.jpg
    753.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 100_3773b.jpg
    100_3773b.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_3774b.jpg
    100_3774b.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_3775b.jpg
    100_3775b.jpg
    900.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_3776.JPG
    100_3776.JPG
    540.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_3769b.jpg
    100_3769b.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_3771b.jpg
    100_3771b.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_3770.JPG
    100_3770.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_3772.JPG
    100_3772.JPG
    417.8 KB · Views: 126
Here are a couple of better pics of my X-Plus Shin.

Attachments

• 100_3756 (2)a.jpg
    100_3756 (2)a.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_3757 (2)a.jpg
    100_3757 (2)a.jpg
    975.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_3758 (2)a.jpg
    100_3758 (2)a.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_3759a.jpg
    100_3759a.jpg
    917.5 KB · Views: 129
Are the NECA Head to Tail figures worth picking up? I spotted the 54 at a TRU yesterday. Thought it looked nice. Went back today to get it, but it was gone. Thought it might be nice to pick up a few here and there, but wasn't sure if they were worth the price.

The NECA '54, 2001 and 2014 are definitely worth it, and the upcoming Shin Godzilla should be too, the '94 and '95 are ok, '85 is passable.

Thanks for the input. I was gravitating toward the 54 and 2001 for sure. I wasn't impressed with the 85 from photos online, but not sure how it looked in person.

My wife and I watched Shin again last night, and if anything, I came away liking it less. Give me GMK any day of the week.

On a more more positive note, Ollies Outlet has Bandai 2014 figures for $3.99

Got a 10 day arrival notice from BBTS for my 11" Bandai Shin Godzilla at long last, so excited to finally get him and repaiint him.

I got my UBG yesterday and worry about opening it up with all the reports of bad QC. Just opened it and was surprisingly impressed. The paint work is not prefect but much better than expect!

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Got a 10 day arrival notice from BBTS for my 11" Bandai Shin Godzilla at long last, so excited to finally get him and repaiint him.

oooooo I can't wait to see your pics MF. You're going to make it look so badass! :rock

Kong is only $30, great deal in my book.

C2qQHfVWgAA2kWg

Ya know...for all the complaints this thing was getting, it really doesn't look that bad for the price. Seems like a neat toy. The little soldier is cool too :lol If I love the movie I'll probably try to pick one up as soon as I leave the theater

I got my UBG yesterday and worry about opening it up with all the reports of bad QC. Just opened it and was surprisingly impressed. The paint work is not prefect but much better than expect!

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Looks good to me. About as quality as the initial release. How do the "marshmallow" attachments look?

Is that the special color Ghidorah? I really like it's color! Damn now I kind of want one. :lol

oooooo I can't wait to see your pics MF. You're going to make it look so badass! :rock

Ya know...for all the complaints this thing was getting, it really doesn't look that bad for the price. Seems like a neat toy. The little soldier is cool too :lol If I love the movie I'll probably try to pick one up as soon as I leave the theater

Looks good to me. About as quality as the initial release. How do the "marshmallow" attachments look?

Is that the special color Ghidorah? I really like it's color! Damn now I kind of want one. :lol

The marshmallow effect is ok, but not going to display with it. Not my thing. Yea, that is the special color Ghidorah.

Here is a pic of the difference in color for the special color compare to the OG.

IMG_0103.jpg

I was starting to worry something would fall through and I'd not even get it. My excitement is building again, I'm starting to gather my reference materials, picked up a couple additional paints today, ready to go. Thankfully, the wait has given me time to figure out how to attack it. I have something I want to try with the teeth, we'll see how it works. I don't have the resources or time to remove the "denture" teeth and make individual ones, but I have some thoughts on tricks I could do with paint.

First night is going to be softening his hands and turning the palms slightly upward, then I'm going to paint the toe claws and finger claws, and if there's enough time, I'll lay down the coat of red all over him. I'll be sharing progress pics along the way.

I'm buying one as soon as I can, I already ran out to my local Walmart this morning, nothing, will try the one by work Monday, and if that's a bust, I'll be near another one Wednesday.

The marshmallow effect is ok, but not going to display with it. Not my thing. Yea, that is the special color Ghidorah.

Here is a pic of the difference in color for the special color compare to the OG.

IMG_0103.jpg

Damn, so vibrant. Definitely stands out a lot more. I think the special color has hit after market prices already. Womp womp. Thanks for sharing the comparison pic. I actually hadn't seen them side by side before now :duff

I was starting to worry something would fall through and I'd not even get it. My excitement is building again, I'm starting to gather my reference materials, picked up a couple additional paints today, ready to go. Thankfully, the wait has given me time to figure out how to attack it. I have something I want to try with the teeth, we'll see how it works. I don't have the resources or time to remove the "denture" teeth and make individual ones, but I have some thoughts on tricks I could do with paint.

First night is going to be softening his hands and turning the palms slightly upward, then I'm going to paint the toe claws and finger claws, and if there's enough time, I'll lay down the coat of red all over him. I'll be sharing progress pics along the way.

I'm buying one as soon as I can, I already ran out to my local Walmart this morning, nothing, will try the one by work Monday, and if that's a bust, I'll be near another one Wednesday.

All those mods sound really good. I've got my bandai coming from BBTS as well...I'm itching to see what you do because I may have to attempt to replicate it :lol
Are you going to take some scene specific shots like you did with the NECA 54? Cause those were brilliant.

At Walmart did you see that they had a section up for the King Kong stuff yet? I was just recently at mine and they didn't have any of the toys yet.

I may superimpose him into film stills, have to see how many high res ones I have, will determine if I wait for a 1080p rip to hit the net.

As for Walmart, nothing in place for Kong, I have seen some reports at other stores of tags up and no figures, the one I went to had a lot of empty spaces all over and will likely go through a clean up and restock soon. Something to keep in mind, one person posted their Walmart had a tag for Kong at $25, even cheaper, not sure how.

Saw this on Facebook, SH Shin Figure with the Atomic Breath accessory. Wonder when this will go up for pre-order?

Attachments

• 16178763_1217581941610231_1515639346445650986_o.jpg
    16178763_1217581941610231_1515639346445650986_o.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 90
Back