Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head may have been cast in a different color than the body. The pic that shows the purple on the back does make it look like the body is translucent purple.

Seeing those two together kind of makes me glad I passed on both. I think the Banpresto is where it's at for me.

Even if I manage to ever get Banpresto, I'm still keeping the Bandai MKS. I have MMS Shin Godzilla, I'll be getting NECA, I have the Sega on preorder as well as MKS and given a good opportunity I'll grab Banpresto, i collect multiples of my most favorite designs as long as I like the piece. I have no interest in Shin from X-Plus or Albatross, and seeing the production piece, I lost all interest in SHMA.

I'm actually really digging the face on the x-plus shin. I just hope the red paint turns out better.

The Albatross is cool too but it looked better to me unpainted.

All the other ones are better on the pockets but look more toy-ish to me. The banpresto looks very good but with this figure I need the teeth to look more defined and with the banpresto's size that was the only thing that didn't sell me in the pictures.

Kaiyodo is excluded of course because that price is nuts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm actually really digging the face on the x-plus shin. I just hope the red paint turns out better.

Here's some in hand pics from twitter.

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1817.JPG

Wow I actually love him EXCEPT just like most of the other figures he's missing some bright red patches on his chest. Thanks MF. Love the face and the tail/spines. I know his physique isn't as wonky as it should be but I think it's a beautiful figure.

I'm betting we get a monster-arts repaint with more screen colors and a alternate fully spread lower jaw. That or a bigger scale 2nd version with those things and light up extras.

He looks great. Wish he was slightly more red in some areas but mine is still in its box as I try to make room for him I'm very excited.

Unfortunately, a proper Shin paint job would take tedious hand work, so it seems everyone is opting for broad, airbrush tones of red with some finer details. I'm actually amazed at the precision with which Bandai has applied red on their vinyls. If NECA can deliver production figures painted as finely as their prototype, they'd have the most authentically painted Shin figure on the market.

Unfortunately the coolest trait of the design is also a challenge for mass production.

While not my most favorite Shin sculpt, I think X-Plus could really pop with custom paint, hope to see some artists take it on. The teeth in particular, in the movie they're more a yellow-brown tone that blends darker and into red close the gums, so from further back he looks like he hs less teeth, then up close you get the full picture. The solid color and use of white on X-Plus gives an odd look, but I think the sculpt is there, just needs more paint details.

I wonder what kind of paint would work out the best I'm tempted to try it

I wonder what kind of paint would work out the best I'm tempted to try it

Everyone has their own preferences. My plan when I get my 11" Bandai is to paint the whole thing red with blends of some almost white shades, oranges, dark tones, so that hopefully the effect showing through is a sense of glow from within his body, then lay grays and blacks on top, similar to my process repainting Hot Toys Two-Face.

You never want to paint a vinyl figure with enamel paint unless you are sure it is sealed. The paint leaches oils out of the vinyl and you will end up with a sticky mess. Best to use acrylics. And if someone is gonna paint their X-Plus, then fill those seams first. Lol!

What happens if you don't fill the seams?

It's ot that tou. Eed to fill the seems, more so, if you're going to bother putting the effort to paint it nice, you should fill in the seams so it looks more like a high end statue than a vinyl kit.

Back