Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thabks, I'm hoping to do more photos, was losing daylight, I'm much happier after touching up the mouth paint.

Here's some shots of various Shin Godzillas together. Of them, Banpresto and Bandai Form 2 and 3 are the only ones I don't have or have on order and would like.

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

I am liking the red colour on Shin Godzilla

IMG_1644.JPG

Original prototype, but I presume the modified will have the same or better paint.

Even though NECA may not be as anatomically accurate with their Shin Godzilla, for me, they're the only ones so far to even prototype an accurate paint scheme. For the most part, the red on shin is a vibrant color in the movie and as you see in the shots above that I found, most pieces aren't vibrant enough or don't have enough red. As far as paint, I find Banpresto and SHMA to be the worst so far, Banpresto at least has a bit more detail to the red, but SHMA, in most shots I've seen, has a blotchy, inconsistent quality and often looks more maroon than red.

When I get my Bandai 11" figure, I'm going for a red like this when I repaint him.

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Here's some more collection photos I found online.

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

View attachment 311206

Original prototype, but I presume the modified will have the same or better paint.

Even though NECA may not be as anatomically accurate with their Shin Godzilla, for me, they're the only ones so far to even prototype an accurate paint scheme. For the most part, the red on shin is a vibrant color in the movie and as you see in the shots above that I found, most pieces aren't vibrant enough or don't have enough red. As far as paint, I find Banpresto and SHMA to be the worst so far, Banpresto at least has a bit more detail to the red, but SHMA, in most shots I've seen, has a blotchy, inconsistent quality and often looks more maroon than red.

When I get my Bandai 11" figure, I'm going for a red like this when I repaint him.

Yeah true, I must admit, NECA's paint app is quite accurate across the board with their figures

Bandpresto / SHMA paint app is not bad, don't mind it but the Bandai version just looks flat with it paint app

The NECA Shin Godzilla looks good but seeing Banpresto / SHMA version, they still top the detailing in the skin and textures

Also the NECA version, the eye brows head part needs to be a bit more rounded off but it's still the Prototype

But the Bandai version seems to be the budget looking figure compared to the Banpresto / SHMA

You would figure Banpresto / SHMA / Bandai, all being Japanese companies would have the perfect accuracies for their paint apps on their Godzilla's :lol

There is something funny about Shin Godzilla's arms and hands... Looks some what "T-Rex-ish" but small for it's body

I am just use to seeing the bigger arm and hands like previous Godzillas

I don't fault the paint on the Bandai vinyls, they have as much paint as the rest of the line, the only shame is they actually hve really good sculpts that get lost in cast black vinyl, some of the customs could go toe to toe with higher end figures.

Banpresto has the best overall sculpt, I'll be curious to see if the production Kamakura landing version of it has the same film accuracy as the prototype. The first lottery figure would definitely get a repaint if I'd gotten my hands on it. I haven't seen anyone repaint it, which seems odd, guess they're afraid with how rare it is.

Received by X-PLUS Sakai 92 Godzilla yesterday, great figure but horrible paint apps. The inner ear and nose a purple and it looks like paint rub on nose and above the eyes. I can repaint him but the whole idea of spending premium prices on a pre-painted figure is getting premium paint jobs.

I don't fault the paint on the Bandai vinyls, they have as much paint as the rest of the line, the only shame is they actually hve really good sculpts that get lost in cast black vinyl, some of the customs could go toe to toe with higher end figures.

Yeah correct, what you said is what I was trying to say :lol

Banpresto has the best overall sculpt, I'll be curious to see if the production Kamakura landing version of it has the same film accuracy as the prototype. The first lottery figure would definitely get a repaint if I'd gotten my hands on it. I haven't seen anyone repaint it, which seems odd, guess they're afraid with how rare it is.

Yep, going from the pics Banpresto is up there with their sculpt

I am guessing a rare item, people wouldn't want to custom it :)

20161221_122103.jpg
20161221_123228.jpg
Just got my shin. Given all the complaints about the paint..i was worried it would look like a cheap toy but in hand the piece looks great. The tail is a monster in itself and needs its own stand..i think the tail alone weighs more than some of the smaller monsterarts godzillas like the 54. The shiny paint is there but the whole thing really doesnt gloss like in the online pics unless you look at it under flash or maybe depending on your display is set up. The box is a work of art itself. My only regret is not buying more as the aftermarket price is insane now. Hope bandai does repaints like they usually do..i'd like a frozen version and the atomic breath version.

20161221_122627.jpg

Thabks, I'm hoping to do more photos, was losing daylight, I'm much happier after touching up the mouth paint.

Here's some shots of various Shin Godzillas together. Of them, Banpresto and Bandai Form 2 and 3 are the only ones I don't have or have on order and would like.

View attachment 311027

View attachment 311028

Can you please tell me what make are the two behind the monsterarts? esp the one right behind looks great.

The one right behind is the Banpresto 9" vinyl, and behind that is the Bandai 11" vinyl.

Banpresto

IMG_1674.jpg

Bandai Monster King Series

IMG_1675.JPG

Another group shot I found.

IMG_1673.JPG

Don't remember seeing this posted here, but if it was, forgive me. I just found out that the S.H.Monsterarts Shin Godzilla second and third form set is a Bandai Premium Shop Web Exclusive. You will not be able to order here in the US, nor will you be able to order it from traditional Japanese sites like HLJ, HS or Amiami. If you want it, get it wherever you can. Apparently you can order from Nippon Yasan. Never used them. Got one from ebay.

Back