Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

For anyone who might be interested, here's a few lousy pics of my freshly tweaked NECA vs Space Godzilla. :D
03b2fb08300a35e91d6c4b97f2182642.jpg

7c20bd43cb51ca4639318dc32bd0b67b.jpg

f32ab444f69c1967b01a9aed273bda76.jpg

I was less than thrilled when I had this thing in hand. The bluish nails and overall blahness of the fig just didn't do it for me. So, I re-did the teeth & nails and atomically charged the spines. I'm happier with it. Now I'm thinking about picking up a Burning G and redoing it.

Thanks bud. I'm surprised how much better I like it (I actually do like it now). Heh.

Finally saw the SS Godzilla yesterday at FP Manhattan and I have to say, not impressed.

Seriously lacking in detail. He looked like a smooth stone statue.

Someone at that store needs to dust him. :lol

image.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think he's dusty, consensus is the paint came out looking like he's dusty. Problem is, Godzilla is a relative simple paint job for any design so you really gotta nail the textures to make him pop out. This first Sideshow piece feels more like a dinosaur out of Jurassic Park. If they can keep the texture on the new statue through production, that one should look amazing.

I don't think he's dusty, consensus is the paint came out looking like he's dusty. Problem is, Godzilla is a relative simple paint job for any design so you really gotta nail the textures to make him pop out. This first Sideshow piece feels more like a dinosaur out of Jurassic Park. If they can keep the texture on the new statue through production, that one should look amazing.

I have to hand it to those who repainted him already. Even the one with the dry-brush on it looked measurably better.

22d0e5b22aab13edd349b51313e6ecd2.jpg

646ffd7841a89ccb6a9fdeb425397108.jpg

The Three Amigos.

Yeah I ripped off the color scheme for my Legendary G from that swanktacular G '84 concept/teaser poster kit. :D

I hope NECA tweaks the '84 & releases an 18 incher.

I feel like Orga was a cool design that was poorly executed, that fight was almost Godzilla vs Biollante all over again but not as good.

Back