Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to see a piece I would personally call the definitive Godzilla 2014, I love the new Sideshow statue from Comic Con, X-Plus and NECA, but each one of them give me a "I wish..." feeling, I have plenty of '54, '84 and '89/'91 pieces where the only thing I wish different was their size, their representations of their designs are just utter perfection for me.

Yup i still want something that is accurate and has the presence of the scene where he roars after killing the momma muto. Nothing captures that for me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am thinking of getting the special color KG. Anyone know where is the best price to get it?

Here is my current display collection.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

X-Plus Yuji Sakai 40cm Godzilla 2000 regular version (with purple spines) is up for preorder on several sites. I ordered mine from Hobbysearch.

$250 before shipping. That's not a bad price considering what the sakai 91 and 30cm 2014 go for. I'm still holding off for now...I can't get to sucked in to the gigantic series especially with 2016 godzilla coming out

Broke an oldie out of storage last week, and was able to build and paint him up over the weekend. Went with a grayscale paint scheme:

It's the Polar Lights 2001 styrene kit. The Godzilla is 16" tall. The base would work well with any of the X-Plus figures, if that's what you're thinking.

Time for me to place my order for the Gigantic 2000, will you just look at him :drool

image.jpg

Should I wait for AmiAmi to put him up or is Hobby Search ok to go with?

Price is way cheaper than I expected. Shipping will cost about 80-100 but overall I really am thinking about getting him. I just don't want to get completely suckered into gigantic I have no space lol

Why is that you think, his smaller size.

He's not up at Amiami or HLJ that I can find.

You will so regret not getting him. [emoji38]
They make these vinyls from preexisting kits and there aren't many popular options in that scale with the stylized look. They like to use only a few select sculptors as well it seems.

I'm not too worried. I bought GBG once I saw in-hand photos. I'll do the same with this guy if it comes to it. The x-plus group in fb is always full of people selling these figures it good deals. This guy will float around.

Back