Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah he's definitely cheaper for that reason. I think height wise GMK was a little taller than the upcoming 2000 but he was so hunched in his pose that he was still much beefier. If he stood straight up he'd be about GBG size

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There's a new Gigantic 2001 on Evilbay for only $513.00 shipped from Japan!

That simply can't be correct! :lol

That's amazing!

Last edited:
I received my GBG with slight damage from AmiAmi, but I'm willing to give them another chance with that price.

Besides, I have $3.00 credit points with them. :lol

Do AmiAmi, HLJ and HS offer similar EMS shipping costs?

Last edited:
I've decided to wait and see if the Gigantic 2K gets released in kit form down the road. I simply have too much stuff preordered (or soon to be) to pull the trigger on this and feel good about it.

On the notion of what the design will be, I have to reserve some money for some figural representation of Godzilla 2016, a modernized, more frightening version of the original '54 design is just too good to pass up, even if the movie sucks horribly. At least assuming they really mean keeping to most of the '54 design and tweaking the fine details. If it's loosely based on '54, I may not like it.

This kit was done as a modernizing of the '54 but honestly I feel like it departs a lot, I see some of '54 in the face and the feet but the rest is very Millennium.

GODZILLA 1954 Honey-Bones Resin KAIJU KIT models

I actually think GMK is probably the closes overall to recapturing the '54 suit in a modern way, but aside from his face, the rest of him is pretty traditional. I'm thinking the new design will keep to '54 where the skin wasn't as uniform as it would later look and be really rough and it'll still look like Godzilla, but feel like a creature out of the depths of hell, just nothing remotely admirable about staring at it if it were a real animal before your eyes. Godzilla's had his menacing moments but in the end, he's always looked like a cool dinosaur, I want the new one to look like an abomination without departing from the basic characteristics.

Yeah if judging his footprint means anything than this new Godzilla will look more like a terrifying abomination than ever before--which may be right up my alley--as long as he still looks somewhat reptilian in nature has cool looking spines, deadly talons, cool eyes and a long tail. Those are staples imo.

Yeah, my hope and expectation is the basic form will be traiditonal Godzilla, like if you saw a silhouette there'd be no question, it's just when you shine the light on him, the textures and fine detailing looks really rough. I want his skin to look almost burnt, the flesh around his spines to look like the bone ripped through and didn't just comfortably grow out of him. I want his eyes to be up into the lids and sinister looking like in '84, at least at the best moments in '84. I want him to look like something that'd scare the crap out of you even if he were only 2 feet tall. His size has always been his biggest intimidation, but even going back to '54, the actual creature is not frightening to look at, his eyes are actually almost cartoony at times.

I remember 54's face when he was behind that giant bird cage. He looked so evil I thought he looked great with his eyes.

His eyes should look like a mutated creature as well. We'll mutated AND radioactive. Like almost a deformity whether they are pupil-less or more black like a shark or deep sea creature. Or have some mutated glow around the iris. I'm down for all that...

I remember 54's face when he was behind that giant bird cage. He looked so evil I thought he looked great with his eyes.

His eyes should look like a mutated creature as well. We'll mutated AND radioactive. Like almost a deformity whether they are pupil-less or more black like a shark or deep sea creature. Or have some mutated glow around the iris. I'm down for all that...

For all the things wrong with '98 Godzilla's design, one thing I always loved is the detail of his eyes, it's almost like there's fire in them in all the patterning when you see it really close.

Godzilla 2014 definitely used eagles for reference on the eyes all around, between the brow shape and the eye itself.

Eagles-020.JPG

Something like an Alligator would be cool.

Alligator_eye_wallpaper.jpg

So long as it's done so that his eyes can give off personality. The '54, '64, '84, GMK and 2014 eyes all convey some level of emotion that made those suits stand out from the others.

c
That looks amazing.

But I never enjoyed Biollante because that battle was very weak for me.

But what an incredible piece.

It was an ambitious for but took way too much work to bring to life and forced the fights to be more subdued than others.

Back