Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, did anyone ever make some of the giant pray-mantis from Son of Godzilla?
I've seen the really chessy small ones in bags on ebay every now and then.
I know the spider was made, but I don't recall ever seeing a good (Kamakiras) mantis.

Nevermind, I just found on the Toho Kingdom forum a list of stuff that is planned to
be released in the next few years...and yes, this guys is one of them....finally.

I guess the pictures are maybe the proto-types.

Kamakiras_zps74e65c18.jpg

WOW, I was just looking at the other x-plus Toho Godzilla figures...very pricey.
I really like this one.

Godzillax-plustoho1964_zps2d747670.jpg

Godzillax-plustoho19642_zpsf1a5fe82.jpg

Godzillax-plustoho19643_zpsd51e1bab.jpg

But $499-800 price range for a 9 to 10 inch figure...Don't get me wrong, a great likeness of the
1964, but...for something that can't be moved...ouch.

And that most likely means the Kamakiras are going to be pricey as well and have no articuation.

Are all the x-plus Toho figure more of a statue? Seems strange being made of PVC. You would think
with such good looking figures, they might want to make them have some articulation. :dunno

You can pre-order the Diamond Comics U.S. release of the 12-inch Godzilla 1964 for $160. That might be a better choice.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DC628311

That bandai toy is for kids, we gotta wait for SH MonsterArts and Sideshow stuff + NECA for the serious stuff.

Gonna get that bandai one for my lil bro I guess.

That's a strange choice for G's tail position. :)

Sadly, I think it's to keep him from falling backwards. It also keeps him from fitting in my display case, but my wallets' probably thanking me for that, lol.

Hmm? So I assume his atomic breath will be blue in the film?

This is VERY tempting. :lecture

Thanks for the head's up. Soooo hard not to start another collection.....................

Go for it. X-Plus is the new plastic crack for me. Diamond reissues clocking in at $160, brand-new Japanese releases (assuming you PO them) go for roughly $200 shipped internationally with less than a week's transit time. Which isn't too bad, the expense comes from multiple figures being announced each month. :lol

On that note, I really hope X-Plus secures the rights to Legendary's film. I think they could knock this guy out of the park.

On that note, I really hope X-Plus secures the rights to Legendary's film. I think they could knock this guy out of the park.

No kidding. And at a fraction of what I'm sure Sideshow will be charging...

I just want decent looking figures coming out before the movie or a few weeks after. i dont want to wait a yr or two for figures of this new design. I know neca is doing a good job and the jakks looks tolerable but I dont know about bandai.

Yeah, even though I've been pretty comitted to getting a NECA 2014 figure, I was open to Bandai's atomic roar figure coming close so I could have something well before the movie's out, but that failed, so waiting for NECA it is, and right now, the hope is May release, probably more like June.

I didn't have much hope for the Bandai America stuff but......that just blows goat right there. How can Bandai America suck so bad while Bandai Japan makes some of the best collector toys on the market? Man, I hope the Monster-Arts 2014 Godzilla makes up for this junk.

Bandai America isn't trying to make collector toys with these, this is merchandise aimed for general consumers to capitalize on the film.

The sculpt on the Attack figure isn't too bad. I'm wondering if they'll have a generic non-gimmicky Godzilla figure that's simply articulated (not that it'll be worth it with the kind of crappy paintjobs they're using).

First time ive come in here and saw toys of Godzilla that none of us want.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back